• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Beer Thread

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is the regular 4D not barrel aged. You took all my barrel aged, you bastard.

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want regular 4D and you are the one that sent them to me! You also got a Dark Lord and about 20 other awesome beers outta that deal...

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure I have 4 left.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i am willing to trade all the beer in my fridge for all the beer in both of your fridges. i will even ask you to pay shipping!!! this is a good deal. you should jump in on it now

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by indesertum
no i actually had no idea (<-- total cult beer noob)

its still on my list of beers to cross off, but dont feel like paying 50+ a bottle on ebay

Tickets, apparently, sold out in four minutes.
This year the Munster PD said it couldn't be the huge thing it always is. Capping at 6,000 people. Entry will be blocked off to anyone who doesn't have a ticket. $20 says that next year they apply for a "Dark Lord Festival" license so all the homebrewers and 10k+ crowd can come back. The beer itself isn't knock-down incredible. But people viewed it as a chance to get together with like-minded people, to share their homebrew and to taste others' homebrew.

Originally Posted by Tooch4321
Come to Chicago and I'll crack a few open, I split my small batches with a buddy, so I only have a little more than a case of this beer...

What's your small batch? Less than a 5 gal carboy?

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by indesertum
i am willing to trade all the beer in my fridge for all the beer in both of your fridges. i will even ask you to pay shipping!!! this is a good deal. you should jump in on it now

Sure, I'll trade you, I think I have a can of Miller Lite and two bottles of my homebrew in the fridge right now. I keep everything in boxes in the closet or down in the storage space...

Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Tickets, apparently, sold out in four minutes.
This year the Munster PD said it couldn't be the huge thing it always is. Capping at 6,000 people. Entry will be blocked off to anyone who doesn't have a ticket. $20 says that next year they apply for a "Dark Lord Festival" license so all the homebrewers and 10k+ crowd can come back. The beer itself isn't knock-down incredible. But people viewed it as a chance to get together with like-minded people, to share their homebrew and to taste others' homebrew.

What's your small batch? Less than a 5 gal carboy?

I just got my email confirmation that my DLD tickets are in the mail! And you are correct, sir, all small batches are 5gal or less depending on the final yield. We have up to a 60gal capacity, but that's way too much beer for personal use and too time consuming as far as bottling...

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tooch. Got you covered on 4D. DLD is coming to me this year. Well at least I hope.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tooch4321
I just got my email confirmation that my DLD tickets are in the mail! And you are correct, sir, all small batches are 5gal or less depending on the final yield. We have up to a 60gal capacity, but that's way too much beer for personal use and too time consuming as far as bottling...
Wow, 60 gal is serious. I take it you're in the beer industry? My dad is a pretty avid homebrewer and at any time can have 3 5-gal batches between the carboys and the primary fermenter. 60 is insane!

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bdeuce22
Tooch. Got you covered on 4D. DLD is coming to me this year. Well at least I hope.

Damn it! Now, I have to ask my friend to get me another bottle of DL, but I got you covered...

Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Wow, 60 gal is serious. I take it you're in the beer industry? My dad is a pretty avid homebrewer and at any time can have 3 5-gal batches between the carboys and the primary fermenter. 60 is insane!

I don't work in the industry at all, some of my friends do and that's why I am able to do such large quantities. Homebrew is where it's at, I love being able to produce 5gal of beer for $30-40...

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
censored.gif
trade you cellar for closet

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you don't have enough ammo to even come close to making a trade for my stuff! come up with $3k and maybe we can talk...

randallr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tooch4321;4307238 said:
Damn it! Now, I have to ask my friend to get me another bottle of DL, but I got you covered...

I don't work in the industry at all, some of my friends do and that's why I am able to do such large quantities. Homebrew is where it's at, I love being able to produce 5gal of beer for $30-40...[/QUOTE]

Less than that if you culture your own yeast. I'm in the process of harvesting pacman yeast from some Rogue Juniper Pale Ale. Pretty damn good beer.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randallr

Less than that if you culture your own yeast. I'm in the process of harvesting pacman yeast from some Rogue Juniper Pale Ale. Pretty damn good beer.

Or grow your own hops. We have a small hops patch that went crazy. Note to future gardeners--- if you're planning on growing your own hops, make it in an enclosed area otherwise that **** will spread faster than herpes.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just found out i'm 2 miles away from Surly Brewing in MN this weekend. Hello Coffee Bender!!!!! Going to the brewery tomorrow. Local liquor store will have to do for tonight.
82bbfb30.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads