• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NO PURCHASE Club for APRIL 2011

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Friday April 01, 2011 inclusive: And the excitement continues to build..... Sign-up begins immediately er.. let's say we'll officially start on APRIL 05, 2011 This gives us the weekend to enjoy a breather before committing, but as of April 04 (midnight-central time) you agree to the following: APRIL 2011 NO PURCHASE Club Guidelines:
  • No spending on clothing-related items for yourself for this month
  • You must report any spending weaknesses
And...a choice of 2 behaviours (do one or do both!):
  • Philanthropy: Donate some clothing to charity. It must be still useful. (no need to report it)
  • Repairs & Maintenance: at least 2 items of your clothing (Sew buttons, polish shoes, etc)
Exceptions:
  • This month you may buy some new underwear & socks. The purchase must stay under $100 total.
  • or, get some minor alterations done, again...total of $100. Combination of undies/alterations cannot exceed $100 total.
If you haven't joined the club yet this year, then now is the time! All are welcome as always. Come! Join! Show solidarity with us. Gain strength from the sharing. Sign-up begins now....! Who's with me?!.....Arrrrrrrrrghhhh....
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

TurboBruce

Reaction score
Let's try it! I need to buy a new car this month so that should help.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
****. i really need to joint.....my wallet has taken a huge hit the past couple months...gaaahhh..

If I can at least spend some at the tailor..thats good enough for me. IM IN!

TRA8324

Reaction score
I'm in. My wallet hates me after buying a pair of EGs this month.

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was going 16 months strong until last week. I'm in
smile.gif

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TRA8324
I'm in. My wallet hates me after buying a pair of EGs this month.

nice....did you get them here in nashville??

TRA8324

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DerekS
nice....did you get them here in nashville??

I wish. I got them on B&S though. I don't think there's anywhere you can get EG in Nashville. I'm looking forward to Nordstrom opening here specifically to have some additional footwear options.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TRA8324
I wish. I got them on B&S though. I don't think there's anywhere you can get EG in Nashville. I'm looking forward to Nordstrom opening here specifically to have some additional footwear options.

damn. i got excited. Im pretty excited for nordstroms as well. Thats where I got my feet wet buying shoes. They used to carry a nice selection of ferragamos and santonis....and they had a great shoe shine stand.

Kslim

Reaction score
Signed!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads