• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To all of the avids: how many pairs are enough? I think I'm done (for now at least) unless I can find some #4. When I get my orders in, I will have 10 pairs of Aldens.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wj4
To all of the avids: how many pairs are enough? I think I'm done (for now at least) unless I can find some #4. When I get my orders in, I will have 10 pairs of Aldens.
ugh, I should have stopped 5 pairs ago

HorseHide

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wj4
I think I'm done (for now at least)

Yeah, before I discovered Leather Sole that was what I used to think (since then I've had the closet people reconfigure my closet to allow for more pairs...
sarcasm.gif
)

colins

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pastor
My Alden LWB collection

Cigar Cordovan (Shoemart) - Tabacco (J Crew) - Sand Suede (Epaulet)

Out of curiosity, which do you wear most often?

ChrisGold

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mechanical pencil
Don't see these on their site. In store only?

I believe so, best to give Ken a call in Haverford. (I know they are there)

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HorseHide
Yeah, before I discovered Leather Sole that was what I used to think (since then I've had the closet people reconfigure my closet to allow for more pairs...
sarcasm.gif
)

LSBH is local to me. I have visited Bryant twice and yet to buy anything. Really nice guy that I ended up chatting with for a while durin each visit, but nothing really caught my eye. Well, they had the #4/black make up but none in my size.

Pastor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by colins
Out of curiosity, which do you wear most often?

Cigar Cordovan gets the most wear right now. They were my first Aldens and my first cordovans so they are my favorite shoes. The other two are fairly new. Both bought in the past month. As it warms up a little more i'll be wearing the suedes. The Suede are by far the most comfortable of the bunch. The leydon last fits great and these shoes feel awesome right out of the box.

Pastor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wj4

I just bought my first Aldens a few months ago. In three months I now have four pairs (2 in cordovan, 1 calfskin, 1 suede). I can't explain it but all of a sudden I see all these shoes that I think I need. I have about 10 pair of AE's that I typically wear but now I all I look at are aldens. It seems to me that the Aldens I like are mostly for more casual wear and not formal wear. The Cigar Codrovan LWB are the only Alden's i've worn with a suit.

marg

Reaction score
the addiction is easy to explain. www.styleforum.net. if you didn't have all of us encouraging your shoe spending, you wouldn't need a 12-step program to kick the habit.

ChrisGold

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wj4

17, including 10 shell. Trying to lay off for a while.

enigma77

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wj4

Don't buy so quickly. If you're "done," what happens when that next mind-blowing special model comes along?

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
get the full cordovan collection and rest for a while
I have #8, and cigar. Black shell, ravello, and whiskey are ordered. #4 is the only one I don't have access to.

enigma - I buy the models I like. All of the purchases were planned with the exception of one; the Winn Perry cap toe boots that someone posted here. It actually worked out for the better because I was looking at a similar C&J boots, but had not research on where to buy yet.

I will probably come back later and get several models with commando sole to wear in the rain.
laugh.gif

For now in the footwear department, I just need 2 pairs of sneakers and will go on hiatus until late 2011 (hopefully I can make it
confused.gif
)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics