• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

P.Johnson in Sydney

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm
welcome back PG
- thanks, but I never left
Originally Posted by meister
Just went into the new Harrolds today for the first time. I was talking to a charming Italian guy, Simone, who told me they have 9 rooms in the new premises on Pitt St Mall. He offered me a coffee and it was one of the best I have drunk in years. I may be mistaken but I reckon there had to be at least AUD1 million in stock sitting in the rooms. The new premises is like 10X bigger than the old.
- NVM

ethandesu

Reaction score
Originally Posted by maomao1980
I like the PJ look, and some of the details are fun, but it is best suited for a skinny dude. I also don't like them on PG...

I don't know if I've confirmed or negated your opinion here, but I am a shade under 6 foot tall, and vary between 98 and 102 kilos - 215 to 220 pounds for the Americans. I'm sure it would all look better if I was 20 kilos lighter, but such is life. My wife is too good a cook.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr....NDrsaQFe7Ts%3D

desu

jamesbond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ethandesu
I don't know if I've confirmed or negated your opinion here, but I am a shade under 6 foot tall, and vary between 98 and 102 kilos - 215 to 220 pounds for the Americans. I'm sure it would all look better if I was 20 kilos lighter, but such is life. My wife is too good a cook.

desu

Who drank all the Johnnie Blue?

ethandesu

Reaction score
Bond - thats another reason I'm not one of SF's most svelte suit wearers.

desu

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

desu

ethan. that looks awesome. what coat size do you wear - 44R?

maomao1980

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

desu

This is much more important than any clothing related matter.

Prince of Paisley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by meister
Just went into the new Harrolds today for the first time. I was talking to a charming Italian guy, Simone, who told me they have 9 rooms in the new premises on Pitt St Mall. He offered me a coffee and it was one of the best I have drunk in years. I may be mistaken but I reckon there had to be at least AUD1 million in stock sitting in the rooms. The new premises is like 10X bigger than the old.
When I went in it looked like they had maybe $10k worth of stock. But they were asking $1m.....

ethandesu

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm
ethan. that looks awesome. what coat size do you wear - 44R?

ThinkDerm,
I'm about a 44 chest and waist and a 42 shoulder, but dropped right and pitched forward. OTR always looks wrong on me, so to get even this close with MTM is fantastic for me.

desu

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
ThinkDerm,
I'm about a 44 chest and waist and a 42 shoulder, but dropped right and pitched forward. OTR always looks wrong on me, so to get even this close with MTM is fantastic for me.

desu

I think it looks great on you. wear with confidence!

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Prince of Paisley
When I went in it looked like they had maybe $10k worth of stock. But they were asking $1m.....

LOL...they must be turning over some merchandise to pay Westfield rents on a large apartment sized store.

ivormiric

Reaction score
Went in for my final adjustment yesterday (P.Johnson tailors that is :p) To sum up, suit is fantastic, even better than I expected, yes I'm a skinny young guy, however both Patrick and Ethan knew exactly what I wanted. Patrick's style and my style seem to be directly correlated. That said I will be definitely going back and ordering more suits and shirts! Could not recommend P.Johnson anymore P.s good to see you Ethan
tongue.gif

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ivormiric
Went in for my final adjustment yesterday (P.Johnson tailors that is :p)

To sum up, suit is fantastic, even better than I expected, yes I'm a skinny young guy, however both Patrick and Ethan knew exactly what I wanted. Patrick's style and my style seem to be directly correlated. That said I will be definitely going back and ordering more suits and shirts!

Could not recommend P.Johnson anymore

P.s good to see you Ethan
tongue.gif

photos?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads