• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

C&J Hallam slight seconds

Quadcammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ordered these from our new affiliate, a fine pair of shoes.

Arrived very quickly as promised. Condition is fantastic. If you aren't nearly making out with the shoe, you wouldn't notice the defect.

Shoes fit like a glove, and the quality looks as per C&J's usual.

Pics:

IMG_0192.jpg

IMG_0193.jpg

IMG_0194.jpg

in this one, you can see the defect, a very slight dimple in the center.

IMG_0195.jpg

very pleased overall.

entrero

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lacing sucks, so is the tying. Fix those

Quadcammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by entrero
Lacing sucks, so is the tying. Fix those

Originally Posted by pebblegrain
+1 and they look too big for you

I'm sorry?

I don't like horizontal bar lacing.

Care to explain whats wrong with my "tying"?

They aren't too big at all...in fact they fit perfectly.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Quadcammer
[
IMG_0193.jpg

notice the wide space between your feet and the sides of the shoes.....too big for you

HarleyBob

Reaction score
I just love this forum. A guy gets a nice new pair of shoes and so far everyone that has commented has been negative; too big, lacing sucks, knots suck, etc.

Congrats, nice shoes!

TRA8324

Reaction score
IDK. Ihat does look like a lot of space between the shoes and your ankles. Perhaps you ordered the wrong width?

I really can't even tell they're seconds though. I think i'll have to get something from that website soon.

TheTukker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HarleyBob
I just love this forum. A guy gets a nice new pair of shoes and so far everyone that has commented has been negative; too big, lacing sucks, knots suck, etc.

Congrats, nice shoes!

But the reference to the tying must have been in jest, considering recent commentary elsewhere here.

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Congrats, nice shoes!

+1

Haha. Gents on here can be VERY straight forward. I can take it but lets thank god this is not a forum for women b/c if this was . . .
facepalm.gif

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Nice looking shoes; I couldn't care less about the tying; they are pretty clearly the wrong size. You should not see gaps like that at the ankle.

Joenobody0

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pebblegrain
+1 and they look too big for you

I agree. The shoe looks way too large around the ankle. You see this on AE shoes often.

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Congrats, nice shoes!

Try and be helpful. Just stroking won't help anybody in the long run.

When he ends up with 10 pairs of shoes that don't fit are you going to buy him replacements?

tgt465

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Quadcammer
Care to explain whats wrong with my "tying"?

They aren't too big at all...in fact they fit perfectly.

It's hard to tell from just the photos, but you may be tying your laces in granny knots: http://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/slipping.htm

Also see this thread: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=234493

The fact that you can lace the shoes up so that the "V" over the tongue is completely closed suggests the shoes might indeed be too big. Balmorals should normally allow a small gap, otherwise you will not be able to adjust the tightness of the fit. Ignoring that, they are nice shoes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads