• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

cronicmole

Reaction score
MBrennin-that BD has a nice collar roll, who is the maker?

Navi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
KillMe2.JPG

The perfect dimple?
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

archetypal_yuppie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ich_Dien
cycle.jpg

From the weekend, shock of cold weather. Alas, my tweeds are all stored up now as it is 20 degrees quite consistently. Always a sad day!

This just screams "I'm trying so hard."

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by upr_crust
Very much in your retro-BB mode - an authentic sack suit. The width of the lapels makes me think that it's vintage - am I mistaken?

I am pretty sure the BB sacks I have date from the 70s-80s, but am not learned in dating based on lot and style numbers.

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by archetypal_yuppie
You have big hair then.

I do. It air dries quickly and always ends up with volume to make Conan O'brien fight David Spade. My wife and my mother hate me for it.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acecow
This is amazing. Wasn't going to comment at all today (too much stuff to do), but this changed my mind.

Thanks, man!!!

Originally Posted by mktitsworth
Sad day. Hopefully they are not ruined.

They will be ok.

Originally Posted by ndw
kMEsi.jpg
aa3XH.jpg

79Gqx.jpg

Nice classic look, Nick.

Considering your day, you look way fine. Sorry about your closet mishap - glad only that it wasn't the suits, and hope that nothing was damaged in the collapse.

Thanks, Crusty.

Originally Posted by cronicmole
MBrennin-that BD has a nice collar roll, who is the maker?

Alea.

Originally Posted by Navi
The perfect dimple?
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

For a change, it came out right.
lol8[1].gif

Mike

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pvrhye
Looking a bit old-mannish. I'd really consider working on my tie knots if I were you. Beyond that, maybe crappy photographs are to blame, but everything feels so washed out.

That's the burning white sun of a Texas afternoon. When it gets sunny around here, it does not mess around. Anything in particular old manish though?

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mktitsworth
That's the burning white sun of a Texas afternoon. When it gets sunny around here, it does not mess around. Anything in particular old manish though?
Several things: - The boxy cut of the suit - The true 3-button jacket - The low armhole and the wide sleeve - The short lapels - The closed quarters - Roomy pants - Lots of break at the cuff The tie is very nice!

scruff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by archetypal_yuppie
This just screams "I'm trying so hard."

How? If anything, it shows a well-made jacket with the collar sitting perfectly and nary a crease.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Mktitsworth: you got the right idea on the colors. Very classic look. (Light gray suit, white shirt, navy pindot tie, brown shoes). However, the fit is very off. Fit means a lot. I will second what Acecow said. Stay away from 3-button jackets. This is you:
6o06kp.png
This is an example of the same colors with a much better fit:
ConduitCut_Connery.jpg

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ndw
kMEsi.jpg
aa3XH.jpg

79Gqx.jpg

N - love the jacket and the tie. I think lighter gray pants would have been better though.

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Something of mine that you LIKED? It must be a sign of the oncoming Apocalypse . . .
tounge.gif

lol ...how quick you forget that i was the one defending your fits early on when you started posting when the hounds were all over you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads