• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
They are everywhere here. If I go downstairs and cross the street north, I can turn left and go to subway or I can turn right and go to subway, or I can walk another 2 minutes and go to subway.
Or if I go downstairs and cross the street south, hey look another subway. There are more subways than Tim Hortons, the only thing that challenges them for omnipresence here is Starbucks (there is one in the lobby of my building, one directly across the street, and one on the second floor maybe 50 feet from being on top of the first one).

But you're in Canadia. Shouldn't there be a Pita Pit on every corner? I'd take that over Subway any day.

Originally Posted by shahanshah
swapped some things a bit

lshSs.jpg
[/SPOILER]

I like this a lot more. Could maybe have another couple of buttons done. I'd snap a Stark pic (which is actually what I wore today) if I weren't headed out the door.

Originally Posted by ataru
That example by AR_Six looks very good. Actually one of my favorites for him despite him just throwing it together as an example.

2 things that I thought noteworthy though:

1. He's wearing a white shirt with a sweater.

I think white sneakers look best when there is more white elsewhere in the fit.
Doing it like this with a sweater over the shirt is particularly good, because visually you have this long stretch between the white on top and the white on bottom. It looks better than, say, a long white AA tee, where you have a comparatively short drop from the bottom of the shirt hem to the shoes- that only really looks good on a guy with very long legs.

2. The paint effect does keep those sneakers from looking like your average bright white sneakers, new though they may be.
+1. It's kind of an MC-ish thing, but having complementary colors, but keeping some distance between them, can make stuff that might otherwise seem jarring integrate much more smoothly into an outfit.

Originally Posted by dtmt
TH Iced Cappuccino is like crack though. It is all sugary and chemicaly, nothing like what I would normally drink, but whenever I'm in Canada I feel compelled to drink a bazillion of them.

Whenever I go into a Starbucks - which is constantly when I have to go to DC for work, since that and Subway are all I live on when I'm there - I feel like I'm the only person who orders actual coffee.

Originally Posted by pfurey
I live next door to a coffee shop with an award-winning barista, amazing beans, and it's only $1.75 a cup. Starbucks is atleast a block away and only hit it up when the local place is closed.

PM'ed you.

Originally Posted by shoreman1782
Whenever I hear the word barista I imagine some kind of coffee matador

I was a barista at a coffee shop in high school and part of college, and that's exactly what I considered myself.

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what about a vest and a hoodie, you know when you want to be a bit more dressy but still casual ?

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by clark kent
hows the fit on the W+H hoody? its an XS, im thinking any size S would fit like a smock on me.
XgvRQ.jpg

props to mello for the good price on the hoody and for it getting here in 2 days.

Why is it so difficult to comprehend that this year, this is the way they intended the hoodies to fit. Trim, cropped, and snug. Like it or hate it. It appears everyone is torn (though for the most part, hated). I like mine - I wear it - but I don't love it. Though it's just fine for my purposes. Also, if you oversize them, they look like ****. And if you already don't like them -- then yeah, even shittier. But, Clark, in my opinion, that hoodie fits. Don't gain a pound, but the hoodie fits.

As for all the talk of zomg! if you wear a hoodie over X years old. I think that's a a crock of ****. If you, personally, look fine in "loungewear" outside of the house, then why not? If you can hold your head high and go grocery shopping or order a cup of coffee without being ashamed? Do you owe it to society to dress in a pair of trousers and button down on a Sunday morning? Or to some how prove to your community you had the energy to wake up, shower, and get dressed like a real gentlemen? I sure as **** don't. Who cares. They don't. Take a look around you. Comfort over trying to look like some try-hard any day of the week. Unless I have to. On the contrary, if you look like a bum in lounge-wear off your sofa - change. Simple as that.

I preach on this topic more than I would like to.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
^bc the hood is dumb on a sweater

Originally Posted by chronoaug
laugh.gif

but it's the only reason i came back

I know baby gurl you and the rest of them.

They always come back.

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by slack tide
Why is it so difficult to comprehend that this year, this is the way they intended the hoodies to fit. Trim, cropped, and snug. Like it or hate it. It appears everyone is torn (though for the most part, hated). I like mine - I wear it - but I don't love it. Though it's just fine for my purposes. Also, if you oversize them, they look like ****. And if you already don't like them -- then yeah, even shittier. But, Clark, in my opinion, that hoodie fits. Don't gain a pound, but the hoodie fits.
Thanks Slack, I thought I was the only one. +1,000,000 for all points except that I love that fit- not just like it
laugh.gif
Also, this is a rehash of something I already posted, but I felt it was erm...styled differently enough
fnMel.jpg
Margiela Silent (GO SF!!!!) April 77 Common Projects

stick

Reaction score
Doesn't matter what their intention was, it still looks pretty horrible. The tiger striping looks pretty ugly, and the sizing makes it look like you took an eight year old's hoodie that was too small and too short and replaced the elastic cuffs with cuffs triple the length to lengthen the sleeve.

GATs look fine though.
teacha.gif
peepwall[1].gif

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a ******* idiot. I saw you wrote "tiger striping", and was going to say, "what tiger striping?", then realized that's not even this season or last season's hoodie. I can't even tell what season it is but think its an iteration of the spring/summer '10 in the thin cotton terry (light weight) with contrasting parts on it - but the tiger cuffs are throwing me off. But it's a fine hoodie. And regardless of the mixup, my opinion still stands on the fit.

p.s. I'll just come out and say it. w/h is made for skinny people for the most part. gasp. i think those who aren't skinny have a naturally distorted opinion & view of the brand.

and agreed @ the gats looking good.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sipang
what about a vest and a hoodie, you know when you want to be a bit more dressy but still casual ?
i do this when i go to seine saint denis ~ ici c'est la 93eme negro !

stick

Reaction score
I dunno what to call the pattern on the cuffs. First time I saw a W+H hoodie, it was called the tiger fleece hoodie or something similar, and since then I've just associated the stripes with tigers.

As for hating on W+H, I don't, at least. I think most of your fits look great, slack, and lot of skinny as hell people wear it well, it's just not the case with that hoodie.

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a ******* idiot. I saw you wrote "tiger striping", and was going to say, "what tiger striping?", then realized that's not even this season or last season's hoodie. I can't even tell what season it is but think its an iteration of the spring/summer '10 in the thin cotton terry (light weight) with contrasting parts on it - but the tiger cuffs are throwing me off. But it's a fine hoodie. And regardless of the mixup, my opinion still stands on the fit.

p.s. I'll just come out and say it. w/h is made for skinny people for the most part. gasp. i think those who aren't skinny have a naturally distorted opinion & view of the brand.

and agreed @ the gats looking good.

It's tiger fleece from last fall.
And +1 again

melon, those boots are most excellent. I need me a pair in 41.

Thanks, I was stoked when they magically reappeared in my size at Nomad for mad cheap. I had to pick up some other stuff to justify the shipping cost, but I got a good deal.

A Fellow Linguist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
melonadegeller reminds me of the cs majors on campus who wear leather trenches to look badass.

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Fellow Linguist
melonadegeller reminds me of the cs majors on campus who wear leather trenches to look badass.

Hahaha, that hurts man.
Does it help my case any if it's navy?

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nope, just a liberal arts slacker trying to transfer to architecture/design
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by A Fellow Linguist
melonadegeller

And wtf is this anyway? Too busy looking at my sig to spell my name?
I wish I could call myself that. Gotta flip everything I own and buy more Geller.

And, thirdly. This comment seems strange coming from you, for some reason
puzzled.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads