• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Everyday Carry (Picture Edition)

Renton

Reaction score
plain.gif
Looks like another pro-gun v anti-gun argument, the same talking points get trotted out by both sides.

Fwiw, I've got my permit but I rarely exercise the privilege. My gun mostly stays in the center console of my car.

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Boognish
I like how Uncontrol is fine with carrying, as long as the gun is a small one, ie- not offensive looking.
It's more like "I'm not fine with carrying, but if you insist can you at least keep it to one gun and stop pretending to be a ******* action hero?"
I will never understand the anti-gun crowd's emotionally-driven hysteria.
people being shot to death tends to rub us the wrong way, and the fact that america has such liberal gun laws eases the proliferation of firearms to people who may not be able to lawfully require them

G0079

Reaction score
It's legal to walk around with a shotgun in your bag in Canada, as long as the ammunition is in your pocket, and not in the gun...
smile.gif

Boognish

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
It's more like "I'm not fine with carrying, but if you insist can you at least keep it to one gun and stop pretending to be a ******* action hero?"

people being shot to death tends to rub us the wrong way, and the fact that america has such liberal gun laws eases the proliferation of firearms to people who may not be able to lawfully require them

Again, how am I affecting you by being armed?

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To diffuse the situation a bit, here's my EDC Top to bottom, left to right: Keys (with Giant Eagle card so I won't lose it and a bottle/can opener) SOG Vulcan iPhone headset wallet iPhone 4 Shure SE530

Boognish

Reaction score
you're right. people should only care about issues that affect them directly

anyway whatever this is exasperating, i won't interrupt your NRA meeting anymore

Ok, how is me being armed affect society as a whole?

It doesn't, so get back to playing dress-up.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score

anyway whatever this is exasperating, i won't interrupt your NRA meeting anymore

this is absolutely absurd

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
I don't know if you're actually reading my posts, but I will be very clear: I don't care how qualified you are. I don't care how many firearm classes you taught. I think it's irrelevant. The only people in our society that have an explicit duty to carry guns are those we grant that privilege - police officers and soldiers. You have lots of "rights", but as a citizen you have almost no "duties" - a duty implies there's consequences for not performing that right. To imply otherwise is distorting the truth.
What does this have to do with anything? How can you possibly frame this as a bad thing? Also, Teger's right. It doesn't matter how experienced you are. The USA has a higher firearm violence rate than any other "civilized" nation. It's because that US citizens have completely misconstrued the intentions of the second amendment and have continued to mindlessly abide by it without context that firearms are so ubiquitous in the US. In turn, they are easier to obtain and commit crimes with. Look at a country like Japan, with incredibly strict gun control laws, and almost NO firearm violence. I can almost understand people who carry a single, small gun like your mini revolver for self protection. I don't agree with it, but I can at least understand it on some level. But two? Two handguns? You would frame two handguns as a necessity for self protection? Come on.
SIGH lol, @ miscontrued the second amendment. Yes, it was only for militias
rotflmao.gif
May I ask you why in Switzerland where they are forced to all have a rifle in their home there isn't this rampant crime committed by citizens? Seems like your japan example isn't good enough at explaining japans peacefulness. Not to mention that most gun crime isn't commited by people with permits, dummy. In fact the DC handgun ban didn't help to deter anything in this shithole it only made it worse, so glad that was reversed. for dumbfucks that think that only the police should have the guns since they are the holy patrons of the state there for our protection. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_...ct_of_Columbia DC's highest court ruled that the police do not have a legal responsibility to provide personal protection to individuals, and absolved the police and the city of any liability. for the lulz http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mtquf...lated#t=02m16s **** I hate liberals

thatoneguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Krish the Fish
To diffuse the situation a bit, here's my EDC

Top to bottom, left to right:
Keys (with Giant Eagle card so I won't lose it and a bottle/can opener)
SOG Vulcan
iPhone headset
wallet
iPhone 4
Shure SE530

2 headsets? thats like carrying 2 guns

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Once again Uncontrol I do not have to explain or otherwise justify anything to you. As long as I follow the laws concerning CCW it is not your concern. What is interesting to note is that you continue to insult people for no legitimate reason which is telling in and of itself.
Who is us? What group has given you license to speak for them? You keep talking about things as if they are based in fact. It's common knowledge that you know absolutely nothing about firearms, the industry, legalities or any statistical evidence about firearms at all. At best you are driven by an inordinate fear that's been developed over the years by anti gunners and all you do is regurgitate what they've fed you. Try this one on for size Uncontrol. I would personally feel the safest living in a community where every resident was a lawful CCW holder who carried as many guns as they wanted than anywhere else on Earth. Mull that one over for a while Uncontrol. Do you know why I feel this way? I'll give you a hint. It's all about the numbers.

johnH123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

As a guy who could be robbed of his purse with ease by a pre-schooler, one would figure you of all people would support lawful means for people to defend themselves.

blynch

Reaction score
It may very well be true that stopping the sale of all firearms would eventually decrease the availablity and in turn the firearm related crime rate, but is the loss of freedom worth it?
We should probably outlaw smoking and drinking while we are at it, those can also result in death.
And then, maybe the government will change our diapers for us as well.

Whatever happened to, give me liberty or give me death?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads