• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mktitsworth
Was it an actual closet or a wardrobe/piece-of-furniture. If it was the latter and you care to have it repaired, I worked with em Restorations out of Lafayette. PM me if you need a number. Love the pebble grain longwings. I just acquired a pair of my own.

It was the rack that held up the hangers. It pulled right out of the wall and dropped to the floor of the closet. My pants are all buried.
frown.gif

Mike

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
KillMe2.JPG

This is amazing. Wasn't going to comment at all today (too much stuff to do), but this changed my mind.

Originally Posted by MrChris
Todays entry
Maybe to matchy color combo according to some, but I like it.

mbiywi.jpg

26110sh.jpg

Very nice colors and fit. I like it.

6o06kp.png
2lthc9e.jpg

Much better than before. If not in terms of fit, then at least in color coordination. I still say you need to wear 2-button or 3-roll-2 jackets. You need slimmer silhouette everywhere (pants, arms, torso) and more open quarters. Good job on improving!

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What is the fabric of this jacket? Gun club check? I've seen it and others, and something like it has gone on my list of things to look for.

Its a houndstooth with an overcheck. Though with such ****** photography, one really can't tell.

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It was the rack that held up the hangers. It pulled right out of the wall and dropped to the floor of the closet. My pants are all buried.
frown.gif
Mike

Sad day. Hopefully they are not ruined.
Originally Posted by acecow
Much better than before. If not in terms of fit, then at least in color coordination. I still say you need to wear 2-button or 3-roll-2 jackets. You need slimmer silhouette everywhere (pants, arms, torso) and more open quarters. Good job on improving!
That's part of why I said it may be a backslide. It was this or a 2 button 3 piece that I will end up wearing next week and the morning was rushed. I was worried about the color coordination this morning, but I'm glad it worked. I was thinking a lighter tie might have been better though. Since you went ahead and commented, I will go ahead and say that my entry for tomorrow is entirely based upon your suggestions.
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
Its a houndstooth with an overcheck. Though with such ****** photography, one really can't tell.
Good to know, thanks!

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by luftvier
::Cross post from the conservative business dress thread. This it typical for me nowadays.::

Lufty - i think the sack coat does not align proportionally with the tapered/slim pants.

Originally Posted by Sterling Gillette

Two days in one post.​

i like the second look SG. The pants for the first look seem too baggy/full.

Originally Posted by Phat Guido
The air is like Pearl Harbour today

yummy tie. kicking myself for passing up on one a few weeks ago.

Originally Posted by Toiletduck
My fun Ringgu Jaketto for the Summer!

really nice jacket man!!

Originally Posted by upr_crust

i like today's suit UC ... i cant put my finger on why. It just seems to fit you better. I dont know if its because you may have moved the camera back and therefore enhanced the look ... or maybe its a different cut than your usual stuff.

Either way it looks very nice.

maomao1980

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
IMG_5362.JPG

DId you put on Alexa's jacket by mistake?

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by niidawg3
Lufty - i think the sack coat does not align proportionally with the tapered/slim pants.

These are stock BB trou and haven't been altered except for the length. I have a feeling that the angle's throwing off the photo...

Appreciate the feedback.

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NOBD
It's silly to button down collars. What's gonna happen? Will they flap you a black eye? Get caught behind your ears?
I used to be that cavalier about zipping my fly. Changed my mind after I damn near put an eye out.

Also, was today just striped blue shirt day? Has the SF group think wandered its way out of the internets?
No. We just spend so much time together that our periods have started to sync up.

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chrispy_Bear
What's this business I've seen lately of unbuttoned button down collars? Is this a thing? Just curious

Bugs the crap outta me and as you see makes an otherwise flawless outfit look stupid and the proponent seem like a pretentious tool. 'Ooh look, I'm pretending to look nonchalant by showing a detail of sloppiness even though anyone can tell I've taken a lot of time on making sure my outfit is good'

ndw

Reaction score
kMEsi.jpg
aa3XH.jpg

79Gqx.jpg

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NOBD
It's silly to button down collars. What's gonna happen? Will they flap you a black eye? Get caught behind your ears?

Yeah, cos those shirts that don't have buttons on the collars are so difficult to come by.

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Following on Pearl Harbour, today is POW day
110401008.jpg

110401009-1.jpg

Thank Gawd for Friday
110401010.jpg

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_5362.JPG

A most handsome summer SC - I am officially jealous.

Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Trying to find my mojo again, so reverting to quasi basics.
f04c24ca.jpg

]

Memo to Spoo - your mojo has returned to the building.

I woke today to the sound of one of my closests collapsing. Fortunately, it only buried all of my pants and casual shirts....no suits or SCs of note. Very busy day today, so no time to fix it. We are also experiencing a rare late cold snap today and it is overcast and misty. Just a **** day in general.

I think my face says it all.

Faconnable SC
Alea shirt
vintage Daks silk knit
J.Crew pants
vintage Florsheim Imperials

I can only hope this day ends quickly, and without fanfare.
ffffuuuu.gif

Mike

KillMe1.JPG

Considering your day, you look way fine. Sorry about your closet mishap - glad only that it wasn't the suits, and hope that nothing was damaged in the collapse.

Originally Posted by luftvier
::Cross post from the conservative business dress thread. This it typical for me nowadays.::

My first foray back into WAYWRN in months. Manton's thoughts? Sufficiently C?

5577021217_2d7ab9ea41_z.jpg

]

Very much in your retro-BB mode - an authentic sack suit. The width of the lapels makes me think that it's vintage - am I mistaken?

Originally Posted by MrChris
Todays entry
Maybe to matchy color combo according to some, but I like it.
26110sh.jpg

I very much like the suit jacket/shirt/tie together - not too fussed about the PS, but would have much preferred seeing the fit with the matching trousers.

I've seen some of the ire/scorn/whatever that have be elicited by your fits. If I may be honesty without overly flattering, your willingness to keep contributing without becoming negative is one the most refreshing things I've seen on any forum in a long while and I think speaks to the content of your character. That you are always smiling in your photos brings a humanity and warmth to them which contrasts with the sometimes surgical sterility that can be displayed here. That you are willing to post your fit each day with the uncertainty you've mentioned, having noticed things which may be imperfect ahead of time, and knowing what you may face is part of why I think I can do the same regardless of the criticisms (so far mostly constructive as well) and snark which may present itself.

Your kind words are most appreciated. As it is, living, as I have, in NYC for the last 31 years, I have a very finely tuned horse-pucky filter - I take comments as they come, but can judge (and ignore) them as needed. That being said, when I read constructive criticism here, and I look at my photos and realize that it's correct, I take action accordingly.

As for the smiles, those are just to prevent me from looking like a displeased dead fish.
sly.gif

Originally Posted by niidawg3
i like today's suit UC ... i cant put my finger on why. It just seems to fit you better. I dont know if its because you may have moved the camera back and therefore enhanced the look ... or maybe its a different cut than your usual stuff.

Either way it looks very nice.

Something of mine that you LIKED? It must be a sign of the oncoming Apocalypse . . .
tounge.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads