• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Anthony K
Watched Fast & Furious and A Fistfull of Dollars last night. I watched 3:10 To Yuma, From Dusk Till Dawn today and currently watching Independence Day.
Re: Fast & Furious - You should really listen to the Bill Simmons podcast he did with Carolla after they went to see the movie. It's very funny and amusing. Also, how hot is Jordana Brewster? In a guilty pleasure sort of way, I am looking forward to Fast 5 AFoD, 3:10, and FDTD are all very good and hopefully you enjoyed them as much as I did. Independence Day does have one of my fave Robert Loggia lines: "Tell 'em how to bring those sons of bitches down". Yesterday I did:
image0051.jpg
and
exit-through-the-gift-shop-20100402-142633.jpg
The first was sad and the second was funny and exhilarating. Unfortunately, I watched them in the other order.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Biggskip
I am looking forward to Fast 5 --

ITTTT doesn't matter what you're looking forward to!

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
Good call! Really looking fwd to Wrestlemania in 6 days. Not sure if I will purchase PPV or not.

Anthony K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also, how hot is Jordana Brewster? In a guilty pleasure sort of way, I am looking forward to Fast 5

AFoD, 3:10, and FDTD are all very good and hopefully you enjoyed them as much as I did.

Independence Day does have one of my fave Robert Loggia lines: "Tell 'em how to bring those sons of bitches down".

Smoking hot! I'm also looking forward to Fast 5. Those movies are a real guilty pleasure of mine.

I love all of those movies. My favorite line from ID4 is the speech by the President the night before the attack. Since seeing it in theaters that scene always gives me goosebumps.

Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7

13-08-09-7gif.gif

Good call!

Really looking fwd to Wrestlemania in 6 days. Not sure if I will purchase PPV or not.

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
This is the first PPV I've been excited about in a LONG time. Hell, this is the first one I've purchased in a LONG time.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Watched "Surveillance" last night.

Kinda sucked.

Anyone got any good lesser-known like, psychological type thrillers that are creepy?

C.J.

Reaction score
To Sleep With Anger a film by Charles Burnett(VERY underrated) The Fab 5 documentary on ESPN The Spook Who Sat By The Door(also underrated)

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Fighter - really liked it
180 degrees south - liked it
Flame and Citron - really liked it

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The-thin-man
Black Swan - Exceedingly Average!

Wife thought so too. I liked it a lot.

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The-thin-man
Black Swan - Exceedingly Average!
Wife's gonna wanna watch this one with me. I'm totally expecting her to be totally WTF about 1/2 through and me watching the 2nd 1/2 by myself.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
idfnl and Biggskip are freakin married?! Jeez. And you guys seemed so cool.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
"Orphan". Surprisingly effective thriller.

Lord-Barrington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edinatlanta
Watched "Surveillance" last night.

Kinda sucked.

Anyone got any good lesser-known like, psychological type thrillers that are creepy?

These should hit the spot:

Cure - Kurosawa : A fantastic psycho/horror flick by the director of "Bright Future".

The Vanishing - Sluizer : Will still give you the creeps years after you've watched it.

Tell No One - Canet : Outrageously enjoyable psychological thriller.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lord-Barrington
These should hit the spot: Cure - Kurosawa : A fantastic psycho/horror flick by the director of "Bright Future". The Vanishing - Sluizer : Will still give you the creeps years after you've watched it. Tell No One - Canet : Outrageously enjoyable psychological thriller.
Cure and The Vanishing (the original) are fantastic. Both have similarly slow tempos that build the suspense to an incredible level. I've been planning to see Tell No One - it was an enjoyable, if somewhat formulaic, novel.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads