• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast
^ you know you post on SF when...

Love the top half of today's look. Not quite feeling the trousers, but the shoes are a great choice.

LOL at the closet, yeah...I know.

The trousers are grey and match the grey stripe in the SC. Either way, they were chosen for comfort today over most considerations.

Mike

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ctp120
DSC_0850-1.jpg

Originally Posted by ctp120
Sleeve length is definitely not short. Any indication that it might be probably has to do with the sleeve getting caught on the side of my coat (right sleeve) in the pic, my watch strap being very loose (I like it this way), and/or my awkward pose.
Not trying to beat a dead horse here, but it looks to me as if your shirt sleeve cuffs are hitting your wrists where your jacket sleeves ought to be and that your jacket sleeves are shorter still. Could just be the pic, of course, or the pose, but it's worth looking into.

Chrispy_Bear

Reaction score
What's this business I've seen lately of unbuttoned button down collars? Is this a thing? Just curious about the rationale. Parker:
prkr330a.jpg
Phat Guido:
110330006.jpg

Edgar Allan Pwn

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrChris
Todays entry
Maybe to matchy color combo according to some, but I like it.

mbiywi.jpg

26110sh.jpg

I think if you had to got matchy-match with the PS, white with a navy or sky border would have worked a lot better.

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chrispy_Bear
What's this business I've seen lately of unbuttoned button down collars? Is this a thing? Just curious about the rationale.

A: Sprezz.

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Trying to find my mojo again, so reverting to quasi basics.

I find it really annoying how perfectly your and acecow's clothes fit.

Next level
worship.gif

MrChris

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Edgar Allan Pwn
I think if you had to got matchy-match with the PS, white with a navy or sky border would have worked a lot better.

Good call! Unfortunately I don't own anyone that matches your description, yet.

Originally Posted by acridsheep
I like it too, but I'd like it better with the matching suit bottoms.

Thank's
This however is a sportscoat, so no matching pants in my closet.

A general question to the SF crew, what's you opinion on the fit of this OTR sports coat? I did let my tailor add a little waist supression, no other alterations made yet,

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chrispy_Bear
Thanks. Something else to learn!
facepalm.gif

It is like unbuttoning working "surgeon's" buttons on a suit.
laugh.gif

NotDickDiver

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KtownGreg
thanks.

untitled1of3-4.jpg

untitled2of3-4.jpg

Sammy (yep sleeves are there but not in the pic), BB, HY, EGs

untitled3of3-4.jpg

Dude, nice clothes etc, but where the hell do you wander about? It looks like a war-zone.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's silly to button down collars. What's gonna happen? Will they flap you a black eye? Get caught behind your ears?

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Trying to find my mojo again, so reverting to quasi basics.

f04c24ca.jpg

c1bfb917.jpg

bb97ac79.jpg

Pshaw. As if you ever lost it. Some of us are still trying to find it in the first place.

Originally Posted by MBreinin
I woke today to the sound of one of my closests collapsing. Fortunately, it only buried all of my pants and casual shirts....no suits or SCs of note. Very busy day today, so no time to fix it. We are also experiencing a rare late cold snap today and it is overcast and misty. Just a **** day in general.

I think my face says it all.

Faconnable SC
Alea shirt
vintage Daks silk knit
J.Crew pants
vintage Florsheim Imperials

I can only hope this day ends quickly, and without fanfare.
ffffuuuu.gif

Mike

KillMe1.JPG

KillMe2.JPG

KillMe3.JPG
[/SPOILER]

Was it an actual closet or a wardrobe/piece-of-furniture. If it was the latter and you care to have it repaired, I worked with em Restorations out of Lafayette. PM me if you need a number. Love the pebble grain longwings. I just acquired a pair of my own.

Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
1cf25123.jpg

1d4cb4f3.jpg

33f6e3a2.jpg

What is the fabric of this jacket? Gun club check? I've seen it and others, and something like it has gone on my list of things to look for.

Originally Posted by Toiletduck
IMG_5362.JPG
My fun Ringgu Jaketto for the Summer!

This jacket is also very nice, and the high gorge looks like it creates an interesting effect.

Also, was today just striped blue shirt day? Has the SF group think wandered its way out of the internets?

Originally Posted by upr_crust
Your experience in the theatre (I will posit your tale as told above is theatrical in nature) is most colorful, and sounds true to what I've heard from theatrical professionals that I know here in NYC.

I try to proffer opinions honestly, but not for purposes of harm, and I've only been posting here regularly for a short while, and have had my own set of psychic bruises from criticism - most of it actually quite constructive.

As for my fits, my body seems to morph into different shapes, so it's always a crap shoot to see if
what I've laid out the night before will fit reasonably on the day itself. It seems that I was relatively lucky today. Thanks for the comments.

It was theatrical. Improvisational to be exact. The situation was really exacerbated by the fact that he and I were roommates at the time, in college. It was kind of like the odd couple where Jack Lemmon was unhinged, Walter Matthau lived in a room with a track record of making people crazy, and both were overworked to the point of exhaustion and (literally) sleeping once every few days.

I've seen some of the ire/scorn/whatever that have be elicited by your fits. If I may be honesty without overly flattering, your willingness to keep contributing without becoming negative is one the most refreshing things I've seen on any forum in a long while and I think speaks to the content of your character. That you are always smiling in your photos brings a humanity and warmth to them which contrasts with the sometimes surgical sterility that can be displayed here. That you are willing to post your fit each day with the uncertainty you've mentioned, having noticed things which may be imperfect ahead of time, and knowing what you may face is part of why I think I can do the same regardless of the criticisms (so far mostly constructive as well) and snark which may present itself.

I say that, largely, because I think today may be a back slide from yesterday. Still, It's what I went with, I'll face damnation for it, and take what I can learn to do better from the ashes.

6o06kp.png
2lthc9e.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads