• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
what's worse, the cig bickering or the nerdery uncontrol i feel like if it were up to you everyone who smoked would be wearing this
smoke-helmet.jpg

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
smoked for 15 years, quit, still think about them lovely white death sticks errryday...
sly.gif
. I don't care about smokers. I don't care they smoke. I don't care if I walk out of a building and there are a group of people exhaling smoke. It just reminds me I don't want to be one of them anymore (.08)

I just don't like going to the (now very few bars) that allow you to smoke - cigars, especially. The morning after smell is pretty gross.

random fashion thougt: wtf are these blanc & noir guys springing up who look the same as w+h and are also 'factured in BC. meh. I did email someone and they confirmed they're not affiliated in any way, and B&N fit's larger and more "traditional" than w+h. So I knocked them off the interest list. The shorts on Roden look decent though. But alas waist size only goes down to 30. Don't expensive designers and retailers know a solid chunk of their niche are skinny.

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AndrewRyanWallace
you smoked for 15 years? how old are you, you don't look older than 25 to me

I'm actually 29. With no facial hair, I look much younger...

PaulYAY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering how much S/S stuff actually hits stores in April? It seems like most shops are pretty much set on S/S stock at this point (aside from big-timers like TBS/Oi/Oki/End/RG etc.).

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by slack tide
I'm actually 29. With no facial hair, I look much younger...
holy **** based on your face and clothes I really thought you were more like 19 man, no exaggeration either. I must be like face blind or something, I don't even know anymore

Desi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
those Publish chinos with the paisley lining. So sick! Sad as hell they only go as low as 30 waist.

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tween_spirit
holy **** based on your face and clothes I really thought you were more like 19 man, no exaggeration either.

I must be like face blind or something, I don't even know anymore

Incredible subtlety there, thanks... :Golf clap:, really. (10)

Ftr, I have two sides of my closet. Business and casual. I post fits in casual because business is just ******* boring in my opinion.

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Desi
those Publish chinos with the paisley lining. So sick! Sad as hell they only go as low as 30 waist.

I'm in love with those. Really the biggest trouble this spring is not buying paisley/floral everything. I just bought a bunch of these scarves cut from silk saris and a 6'x3' indian wedding shawl, not sure how much more complex organic patterning I need.

Originally Posted by slack tide
Incredible subtlety there, thanks... :Golf clap:, really. (10)

I think you're picking up on criticism that wasn't actually there dog. No one really hates on your clothes anymore.

pfurey

Reaction score
**** those are so good. I can't find a link to buy though.

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Makeshift_Robot
I think you're picking up on criticism that wasn't actually there dog. No one really hates on your clothes anymore.

I like you and I know for fact you're a smart dude, but with all due respect, M_R, I do believe the crisitism was there....under a very thin veil.

Moving along...

RFT:

Every day I wake with one to three PM's in my box with strangers asking me for W+H sizing advice (for those who don't know, all I wear, 101%, is W+H's and I post a lot in that thread).

To state up front, I like to help people size if they're able to give me the information I need. Also, up front, I normally could really give two ***** about the words "Thank you". I myself am big on "please" and "thank you" (especially with strangers who I am looking for assistance from), but I understand not everyone is as big into such bizarre expressions of gratitude for another's time - maybe it's a cultural thing.

But anway, I wake up with sizing questions every day. About all sorts of ****. I don't sleep well in the mornings, so I normally get up early and make my way into the office around 7:30 while the place is virtually empty. While I drink my first and only cup of coffee of the day, I respond to the PM's in what I consider to be a good deal of depth and address with great insights that hopefully allow people to feel more at ease making relatively large purchases. Like, real, genuine, earnest replies that I probably spend more time on than I should.

The short and fat of this story is after I craft and deliver these eloquently stated sizing guides and advice -- well, maybe 10-15% of the time the stranger will respond with a "thank you". The other 85% don't bother with a return message after they receive the information they sought. What I want to point out is that staggering amount of assholes who frequent this site who don't have the common courtesy to say a simple "thanks" after I help you size a piece with careful attention to the stats you give me. So anyone reading this (there are people active in this thread..), if you are guilty of what I am describing, I just wanted to say "**** You" and don't PM me ever again for sizing advice, or anything else for that matter. Those who are not "those people" know who you are and this is not directed at you in any way shape or form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads