• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
how SVB should dress
this is not really that far off. I could probably do this. edit: altho I feel like if I wore a knit that tight-fitting, half this board would be like
ffffuuuu.gif
needs more drape, blah blah blah etc

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scott.m
Shah, thats dope. I also just remember ages ago you posted a fit at Bayridge Ave R stop, Used to live out there.
i think i know what you're talking about, wasn't a fit but was a pic from there i stole, i didn't go down there too often just for some binniss one time (well, tobacco). forget sandwiches when i come thru we're gonna dine like swine on some bourgeois prix fix
Originally Posted by Teger
maybe its the camera angle but your hips look wider than your shoulders
sucka i got 15" shoulders and waist is 42, they call me mistah potato but i'm stylin on you
Originally Posted by AR_Six
Shah if you're going to use that pant silhouette I would suggest taking some cues from Mail Moth on SZ. He does it pretty much as well as possible.
le maÃ
00ae.png
tre, as he is known, also has a pretty varied and incredible wardrobe and he won't sell me the cdgh+ wool coat i want ! i did find it amuzing that he wore some harnden with RW
laugh.gif
Originally Posted by style wallah
Shah, the cardigan looks more flattering on you than the jacket did.
why thank you the oversized yohji pour homme line i guess isn't my thing, wallah bro i'm not even kidding

pfurey

Reaction score
I don't think many people can pull off the oversized look unless they're bone skinny.

Shah, I think you'd look better in mmm/jil/lanvin than yohji.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren
this is not really that far off. I could probably do this.

edit: altho I feel like if I wore a knit that tight-fitting, half this board would be like
ffffuuuu.gif
needs more drape, blah blah blah etc

i think its bc we dont see you in slim denim all that often. you wear slim trousers.

the same knit will look good with slim denim but not slim pants. visa versa.

get what im trying to say
eh.gif

ataru

Reaction score
That example by AR_Six looks very good. Actually one of my favorites for him despite him just throwing it together as an example.

2 things that I thought noteworthy though:

1. He's wearing a white shirt with a sweater.

I think white sneakers look best when there is more white elsewhere in the fit. Doing it like this with a sweater over the shirt is particularly good, because visually you have this long stretch between the white on top and the white on bottom. It looks better than, say, a long white AA tee, where you have a comparatively short drop from the bottom of the shirt hem to the shoes- that only really looks good on a guy with very long legs.

2. The paint effect does keep those sneakers from looking like your average bright white sneakers, new though they may be.

Cacatfish

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ataru
That example by AR_Six looks very good. Actually one of my favorites for him despite him just throwing it together as an example.

2 things that I thought noteworthy though:

1. He's wearing a white shirt with a sweater.

I think white sneakers look best when there is more white elsewhere in the fit. Doing it like this with a sweater over the shirt is particularly good, because visually you have this long stretch between the white on top and the white on bottom. It looks better than, say, a long white AA tee, where you have a comparatively short drop from the bottom of the shirt hem to the shoes- that only really looks good on a guy with very long legs.

2. The paint effect does keep those sneakers from looking like your average bright white sneakers, new though they may be.

I agree with this guy.
AR six posted kind of a ringer fit because he tied those white shoes in nicely. I see all too many fits with dark pants, dark shirt and *bang* brand new, shiny white sneakers looking like they're tacked on at the bottom with velcro. It is very unappealing to my eye and disrupts the sillhouette. But then again, I think virtually every fit that includes sneakers would look better with some other form of footwear so take it for it's worth.

I personally like Shanasha's fit. He looks like he is a little pear shaped but I think those clothes look good on that body type.

halisray

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
coffee is awful, astronomically terrible, but i do love some boston cream

I can't understand for the life of me, why people drink Tim Hortons coffee... It tasted like ****, watered down piss..

Get me some Second Cup, or even better, Starbucks.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pfurey
starbucks tastes like burnt hair.
its not that bad ... whoever was working just burnt/overroasted the beans that day def not the best but so freaking convenient i cant complain about it edit: plus being able to pay with iphone is crucial. sad how asia has had phone paying tech for years and only starbucks has it in the us

dtmt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
TH Iced Cappuccino is like crack though. It is all sugary and chemicaly, nothing like what I would normally drink, but whenever I'm in Canada I feel compelled to drink a bazillion of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads