• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

jobro

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
I woke today to the sound of one of my closests collapsing.

My partners wardrobe collapsed on her, the damn thing left a hole in the shelf above it. I honestly don't understand how people don't think to use stronger materials in closets. Many kitchens are built like tanks and hold heavy pots and pans, but a few overcoats in a wardrobe can kill it.

Edgar Allan Pwn

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jobro
My partners wardrobe collapsed on her, the damn thing left a hole in the shelf above it. I honestly don't understand how people don't think to use stronger materials in closets. Many kitchens are built like tanks and hold heavy pots and pans, but a few overcoats in a wardrobe can kill it.

If you live anywhere in North America, your home is likely to be exactly as well-built as it is required to be by law.

jobro

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Edgar Allan Pwn
If you live anywhere in North America, your home is likely to be exactly as well-built as it is required to be by law.

Far from it, I am in Perth, Australia. I had no idea that there would be a law governing the type of wood used for shelving in a wardrobe, I don't think that happens here.

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Monochrome ...
[
ecbed090.jpg

more on the dark side ...

Sterling Gillette

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Edgar Allan Pwn
Surprising! Must just be the angle or an errant gust of wind, I suppose.

I haven't measured them, but the cords do feel a bit roomier. Maybe they just didn't keep their shape from ironing as well as the whipcord trousers in the second pic.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
More Spring/Summer gear.

Last edited:

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by niidawg3
Monochrome ...
[
ecbed090.jpg

Nice pose. Great tie.

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
::Cross post from the conservative business dress thread. This it typical for me nowadays.::

My first foray back into WAYWRN in months. Manton's thoughts? Sufficiently C?

5577021217_2d7ab9ea41_z.jpg

5577607670_0532bcc07b_z.jpg

This photo's in b/w because the lighting was awful. And this is an awful angle, but it's the best I could do.
5577607940_e69dcbd45a_z.jpg

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ welcome back lufty!
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
Thanks, and I think I agree re: the collars, especially when my head is shaved (for some reason)
It's the boiled egg in cup effect.
biggrin.gif
Work has been driving me nuts (to the point of seriously considering a career chnge)
I hope whatever you decide, it means more happiness in your future. Sometimes a career change can be a positive step, if done for the right reasons.
Originally Posted by spoozy
today five different textures
smile.gif

I really like this one spoozy; nice work.
Originally Posted by Phat Guido
The air is like Pearl Harbour today
laugh.gif
Originally Posted by Toiletduck
My fun Ringgu Jaketto for the Summer!
Beautiful colours/pattern. I bet you'll get more use than you expect out of that. The fun jackets get pulled out of the wardrobe a lot on sunny days.
Originally Posted by MBreinin
I woke today to the sound of one of my closests collapsing.
^ you know you post on SF when... Love the top half of today's look. Not quite feeling the trousers, but the shoes are a great choice.
Originally Posted by Parker
More Spring/Summer gear.
Will never "feel" the unbuttoned bd's, but I love the colours and patterns here. Very nicely done indeed. Your consistency is super-impressive. No pic today. Was a sunny afternoon, so decided to wear the five-colour look to go out that I had originally planned on wearing for the challenge tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads