• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official new iPhone 4

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MikeDT
You could do that tomorrow, there are many great phones available now. BTW I had an iPhone once for about a month, never again.

Why'd you ditch it?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I find it peculiar he found his way into this thread no less.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MikeDT
You could do that tomorrow, there are many great phones available now. BTW I had an iPhone once for about a month, never again.
iPhone is a great phone. I love my iPhone 4. My only issue with it is I am growing bored of the platform having been on it since the iPhone 3G. Maybe iOS 5 will spice things up and get me excited again.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JMRouse
iPhone is a great phone. I love my iPhone 4. My only issue with it is I am growing bored of the platform having been on it since the iPhone 3G.

Maybe iOS 5 will spice things up and get me excited again.

Actually I was thinking the same thing with iOS.

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by breakz
Why'd you ditch it?
At the time I had just switched over to using Linux(Windows is not an OS I want to be dealing with in China), and the iPhone's dependance on iTunes basically made it unworkable for me. My current phones are an Android Samsung Galaxy S and a Nokia E71(both unlocked and obtained in the UK).

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bdeuce22
Actually I was thinking the same thing with iOS.

It's why I don't get that excited about the iPad. Honestly the HP Touchpad running WebOS looks much more interesting to me. If they can get a strong app development community going, I think I might invest in one of those instead.

iOS is starting to feel dated and they had better step up their game with iOS 5.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hopefully wwdc takes care of your concerns. I'm thinking iOS 5 will be a good refresh.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
French technology website Nowhere Else has compiled a list of iPhone 5 rumors"”accompanied with the likelihood of them actually materializing"”and set them in a graphic inspired by Apple ads.

lefty

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bdeuce22
Hopefully wwdc takes care of your concerns. I'm thinking iOS 5 will be a good refresh.
I'm thinking there may not be an iPhone 5 released at WWDC. Apple may save it for later in the year, or maybe next year. They've only just done a CDMA iPhone 4, I'm sure they wont be wanting to supersede it that quickly.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JMRouse
It's just a phone and only a few more months. Stay calm and carry on.
5 more months
ffffuuuu.gif

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
don't know if this has been addressed here...dropped my iPhone4 yesterday, glass screen shattered on the front AND the back. Sure, 20-30 times stronger than the last? Now I gotta spend $100 to get new front and back ******* screens, or deal with a cracked phone.

Used to have an otterbox case, but the rubber outside kept getting stuck in my pockets making the phone a real *****, so I took it off, figuring it wouldn't break, since apple claims the phone's glass was that much stronger. I'm very annoyed, and I know I'd hget no satisfaction from AT&T or Apple....just wanted to vent here.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
So it's apple's fault for not making an indestructible phone to withstand your negligence?

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
So it's apple's fault for not making an indestructible phone to withstand your negligence?

No, but if a phone is advertised as "30 times stronger", and it falls 3 feet from your pocket to the ground, it probably shouldn't break. The problem was one of the more common complaints of the 3G and 3Gs, and when they "improve" it, and promote how much more indestructable it is, they should be held somewhat accountable.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
No, but if a phone is advertised as "30 times stronger", and it falls 3 feet from your pocket to the ground, it probably shouldn't break. The problem was one of the more common complaints of the 3G and 3Gs, and when they "improve" it, and promote how much more indestructable it is, they should be held somewhat accountable.

Did your phone's corner hit the ground after the fall? If so, no type of glass will help you.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by breakz
Did your phone's corner hit the ground after the fall? If so, no type of glass will help you.

was just going to say this. shear strength on these types of materials is pretty weak, no matter the claims. if it dropped on a corner, at the right angle, you are screwed no matter what. their claim of "30x stronger" probably has something to do with some bullshit compressive or tensile strength.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads