• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulYAY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hendrix, if you're going to talk about dietary health, you really should have a reference of the largest dietary health study ever conducted. Most people don't need to have everything spelled out for them. You had a problem understanding the concept of rate of cancer among smokers in the context of that quote? Anyways, the conclusion that is shared is that dietary fat consumption is a stronger indicator for the development of terminal illness than any other widespread cause. It's kind of sad that you're not familiar with the theory, considering that you feel the need to respond on the topic. Feel free to keep the discussion going, but my patience for idiocy is limited so don't expect my participation.

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
parliaments sometimes have charcoal filters. you're right though asian cigarettes are much much weaker. i think impolytone_ once told me he smokes 0.1mgs

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PaulYAY
You had a problem understanding the concept of rate of cancer among smokers in the context of that quote?
that's because the concept doesn't exist. Prevalence? Incidence? sure. Rate? no.
Anyways, the conclusion that is shared is that dietary fat consumption is a stronger indicator for the development of terminal illness than any other widespread cause.
well, being African is a strong indicator for a high likelihood of catching AIDS, what's your point?
It's kind of sad that you're not familiar with the theory, considering that you feel the need to respond on the topic.
I am very aware of this theory, which is mainly perpetuated by bullshit pseudo-scientists completely mis-understanding the point of epidemiological studies and what they can and cannot imply.
Feel free to keep the discussion going, but my patience for idiocy has expired.
I would assume a high tolerance for idiocy considering the literature you quoted.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wEstSidE
parliaments sometimes have charcoal filters. you're right though asian cigarettes are much much weaker. i think impolytone_ once told me he smokes 0.1mgs

asian cigarettes are indeed much weaker. take, for example, marlboros.

Marlboro Lights in the US = 6 mg tar, 0.5mg nicotine
Marlboro Lights in Korea = 3mg tar, 0.3mg nicotine

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ryanmnguyen
I think SF new groupthink is hating on GATs... l o l
I think it's actually just the people who don't like the originals starting to speak up :raises hand: Also, I want this whole fit
pop_35831_4.jpg

Biggen

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cr1234
To say something clothing related, my MMM gats have a hole in the heel after fewer than 20 wears, not impressed
plain.gif

Yeah, the quality of the lining isn't very impresive.

BlackToothedGrin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Japanese people who live the american lifestyle get american cancers: breast, prostate, colon, etc. Stomach cancer is not a concern like it is in asia. This shows that behavior is more important than genetics in cancer formation.

Hendrix, please give or link a good rebuttal to the china study if you have one. I'd love to read it.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like it a lot, reminds me of the Dries paint splatter but this is like bucket spill. Though this may seem stupid for a shirt that loud, I really don't like the red contrast stitching on the front. (if we're talking about the one on SSense? I don't know if there are any other)

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, If you've got a few minutes to measure some of your tee shirts, I'd appreciate it if you contributed to my thread. I figure it'd be a good resource if it reaches critical mass, as it were. http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=234612

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
LOL, stop making **** up. That you are willing to handle smog but feel affected by the smell of cigarettes OUTSIDE means you're either full of **** or have some sort of olfactory defect. You're just looking for a chance to join the common outrage against smokers.

Not making **** up dude, if I'm standing outside waiting for a bus and the dude exhales smoke and I breathe in directly, I certainly feel that a lot more than breathing in smog in the air. Are you really trying to say that if you directly inhale smoke you should feel less affected than the generally polluted air you breathe in 24/7? This is the dumbest thing you've ever said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads