• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edgar Allan Pwn

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Toiletduck
IMG_5362.JPG

My fun Ringgu Jaketto for the Summer!

Manfrotto tripod crew reprezent!
fistbump.gif

Oh, and that's a nice SC too.

Originally Posted by Sterling Gillette

Two days in one post.

stilm-2011-03-29.JPG

stilm-2011-03-30.JPG

I like the jacket, shoes and scarf in the first pic a lot. The pants may be a hair on the big side, but I should really keep my mouth shut about pants.
nest.gif

Very nice combo on the second outfit as well. Scarf is a nice splash of colour. I think the cut of those pants are much better suited to your frame.

Sterling Gillette

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Edgar Allan Pwn
I like the jacket, shoes and scarf in the first pic a lot. The pants may be a hair on the big side, but I should really keep my mouth shut about pants.
nest.gif

Very nice combo on the second outfit as well. Scarf is a nice splash of colour. I think the cut of those pants are much better suited to your frame.

Interestingly, both trousers are cut from the same pattern. The first one (corduroy) definitely needs a pressing, though.

Edgar Allan Pwn

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sterling Gillette
Interestingly, both trousers are cut from the same pattern. The first one (corduroy) definitely needs a pressing, though.

Surprising! Must just be the angle or an errant gust of wind, I suppose.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mktitsworth
Getting smacked around doesn't bother me. I've performed for directors with whom other members of the troupe have had to mediate the dissolution of tensions before the eruption of physical violence (on both parts), so I'm not too worried. If there's a legitimate constructive criticism I've not yet heard I'm all ears. Insults, condescension, and lack of courtesy are another matter all together. Thanks for the input though. I really like your fits and generally find things in them to take note of. Like today. That silhouette works very well for you and I think is a good example of something in the range of things which I should consider to be a good fit.

Your experience in the theatre (I will posit your tale as told above is theatrical in nature) is most colorful, and sounds true to what I've heard from theatrical professionals that I know here in NYC.

I try to proffer opinions honestly, but not for purposes of harm, and I've only been posting here regularly for a short while, and have had my own set of psychic bruises from criticism - most of it actually quite constructive.

As for my fits, my body seems to morph into different shapes, so it's always a crap shoot to see if
what I've laid out the night before will fit reasonably on the day itself. It seems that I was relatively lucky today. Thanks for the comments.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by upr_crust
It's to rain AND snow in NYC over the next two days, so inspiration for fits is definitely not coming from the weather.

The suit you've seen recently, the tie I dug out of the closet, partially because I like it, partially because it's a narrow tie (at least for my collection), and is more proportionate to the lapels of today's suit.

The cufflinks are recent souvenirs of Venice - Murano glass - and are being worn solely as a caprice on my part - their color nor shape relate to the rest of my fit today.

IMGP0321850x1280.jpg

IMGP0318991x1280.jpg

IMGP0319851x1280.jpg

This is your best suit. You look really good here, Crusty, and this suit makes you look a good 15 pounds lighter. I even like the tie and square. I wish the photo was more crisp though. Something going on with your camera and the stripes.

Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Trying to find my mojo again, so reverting to quasi basics.

f04c24ca.jpg

c1bfb917.jpg

bb97ac79.jpg

Looks good, Spoo. I see you got the memo that it was copperish brown knit tie day.
lol8[1].gif

Mike

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
[/spoiler]

This is your best suit. You look really good here, Crusty, and this suit makes you look a good 15 pounds lighter. I even like the tie and square. I wish the photo was more crisp though. Something going on with your camera and the stripes.

Mike

15 pounds lighter? Like catnip is your comment! As for the photo, I didn't crop it, and I did up the sharpness, so that the pinstripes are emphasized, which, displayed here, are definitely in OpArt territory
blush.gif

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I woke today to the sound of one of my closests collapsing. Fortunately, it only buried all of my pants and casual shirts....no suits or SCs of note. Very busy day today, so no time to fix it. We are also experiencing a rare late cold snap today and it is overcast and misty. Just a **** day in general.

I think my face says it all.

Faconnable SC
Alea shirt
vintage Daks silk knit
J.Crew pants
vintage Florsheim Imperials

I can only hope this day ends quickly, and without fanfare.
ffffuuuu.gif

Mike

KillMe1.JPG

KillMe2.JPG

KillMe3.JPG

Pieceofsand

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Orgetorix
I'm honestly surprised more SFers don't have this problem.
laugh.gif

Outfit looks great, especially the SC.

I had this happen one day,scared the **** out of me,not to mention that it was ******* embarrasing.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Orgetorix
I'm honestly surprised more SFers don't have this problem.
laugh.gif

Outfit looks great, especially the SC.

Thanks, Org. It tore out a huge hole in my closet wall. I am going to have to get a rolling rack tonight and stick it in there.
frown.gif

Edgar Allan Pwn

Reaction score
This gives me a good idea for a small business: closet reinforcement. An SF exclusive!

Orgetorix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
Thanks, Org. It tore out a huge hole in my closet wall. I am going to have to get a rolling rack tonight and stick it in there.
frown.gif

That sucks, man. I recently put up a bar in the basement and started hanging out of season stuff down there, but that's just because my closet was crammed tighter than a sardine can. I never considered the dangers of collapse.
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads