• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kappelan
mmm109.jpg

I like the shoes and the jacket. But a big No for clip-on suspenders for grown men
frown.gif

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ndw
^odd question, but did you reduce the size of teh trouser opening at the ankle on this commission?
- negative, only changes are in the shoulder, arms & chest

Originally Posted by mktitsworth
Anywho, trying to incorporate some of the advice from yesterday, especially that of Phat Guido about how to take pics (Thanks again). Hopefully some of it comes through. Being Texas in the spring, the wind was up.
- See below Nii has the answers

Originally Posted by niidawg3
  • good to see you took the photography advice. your proportions came out a lot better
  • the tie is very nice ... green actually goes well with brown so kudos for pulling that off.

and the bad:
  • avoid black and brown, particularly brown suits with black shoes. i think brown suede or darker brown calf would have been a lot better
  • work with a tailor to measure the length of your arms, and then work on your shirts and jacket sleeves, so that you have a consistent amount of cuff showing. it would surprise you that most people have different arm lengths and RTW shirts/suits dont account for that. that is causing your sleeves to look too long on one arm vs the other
  • look around here and you would see a lot of pictures on how jackets and pants should fit. with time you will find tweaks to things like the drape of your pants, shoulders etc.

Originally Posted by UrbanComposition
PG - Details on the suit fabric? How does it hold up under hot weather?
- ***** all over Fresco.. Not cheap but it is LP so luxury.
http://www.loropiana.com/eng/prodotti/tessuti/wave.php
- FWIW my last trip to Singapore. Wore the jacket 5 days in a row & rotated pants. I tend to not take my jackets off, so on all day & all evening. I would hang over night & BOOM all is normal.

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The air is like Pearl Harbour today
110331006.jpg

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ctp120
DSC_0850-1.jpg

I respectfully disagree with those who say the jacket is too short, although the sleeves might be. Is that a Kent Wang bi-color knit tie?

Originally Posted by spoozy
5574833858_5de48012bf_z.jpg

Very, very nice.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
this is nice maestro. the bow is a nice touch and very well tied.
Originally Posted by Orgetorix
CP, that suit is awesome.
Arnett;4296494 said:
I agree said:
Originally Posted by Kappelan
I like that a lot!
Thanks, gentlemen, for your kind words.
Originally Posted by Fred49
fred-30-close.jpg

This lovely strawberry tie, framed by a classic, elegant suit, says "spring/summer" but is no less distinguished in its presentation.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's to rain AND snow in NYC over the next two days, so inspiration for fits is definitely not coming from the weather.

The suit you've seen recently, the tie I dug out of the closet, partially because I like it, partially because it's a narrow tie (at least for my collection), and is more proportionate to the lapels of today's suit.

The cufflinks are recent souvenirs of Venice - Murano glass - and are being worn solely as a caprice on my part - their color nor shape relate to the rest of my fit today.

IMGP0321850x1280.jpg

IMGP0318991x1280.jpg

IMGP0319851x1280.jpg

ctp120

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Threadbearer
I respectfully disagree with those who say the jacket is too short, although the sleeves might be. Is that a Kent Wang bi-color knit tie?
IMO, overall length may be short, or at least on the shorter side of acceptable. My next coat will likely be longer. Sleeve length is definitely not short. Any indication that it might be probably has to do with the sleeve getting caught on the side of my coat (right sleeve) in the pic, my watch strap being very loose (I like it this way), and/or my awkward pose. I posted a pic of the coat buttoned earlier in this thread and in the conservative business dress thread. There is clearly no pulling or tightness anywhere. Tie is from Kent Wang.

spoozy

Reaction score

Your wird's are highly appreciated, nii, Even the more so when one Takes into Account you only don't praise Ebers other fit, especially not mine
smile.gif

Originally Posted by upr_crust
worship.gif

@Edgar allen pawn: cheers mate!

Originally Posted by SpooPoker

You Def. Should get your younger Brother some stuff, he's in desperate Need
smile.gif

Originally Posted by geoffmartin17

Cheers, geoff!

Originally Posted by Toiletduck
IMG_5362.JPG

My fun Ringgu Jaketto for the Summer!

Oh wooooooow, what a sc !!!
worship.gif
worship.gif

@threadbarer: +1 and cheers!

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acridsheep
This is 100x better than yesterday's fit.

Originally Posted by Edgar Allan Pwn
Seconded.

Originally Posted by UrbanComposition
mktits - you're getting there. Some good advice given.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by MBreinin
Much better.

Brown shoes.

Shirt with shorter sleeve length. Or pull down the sleeves on the jacket as they may have bunched up. Probably the former.

Shoulders are too big and the sleevehead is likely off as well. This is causing those indentations at the top of the sleeve. These are known here as "divots."

Colors work much better today, I like the tie.

Either the lapel rolled funny, or the suit needs to be pressed.

Mike

I'll make a note of the shoes. The sleeves of that shirt felt off all day. The cuffs are also cut way too big which is more than annoying given that They were put on there for me - not as a particular request, but because the collar was originally big and the B&M offered to change it and the cuffs when doing the alterations. This is perhaps a lesson in itself. And the suit does need pressed.

i know its going to feel like the criticisms just dont stop ... but soon enough you will be happy with yourself and how turned out you are. First the good:

• good to see you took the photography advice. your proportions came out a lot better
  • the tie is very nice ... green actually goes well with brown so kudos for pulling that off.

and the bad:
  • avoid black and brown, particularly brown suits with black shoes. i think brown suede or darker brown calf would have been a lot better
  • work with a tailor to measure the length of your arms, and then work on your shirts and jacket sleeves, so that you have a consistent amount of cuff showing. it would surprise you that most people have different arm lengths and RTW shirts/suits dont account for that. that is causing your sleeves to look too long on one arm vs the other
  • look around here and you would see a lot of pictures on how jackets and pants should fit. with time you will find tweaks to things like the drape of your pants, shoulders etc.

The problem I have with looking at what others do and trying to emulate it is simply that while I can do math and science which make people's heads explode, I have never been blessed with any sort of acumen for producing anything that could be considered derivative of visual art. While I have been learning to see how other fits work, how they are different, and how I can improve, as with all things like this I have resigned myself to quite alot of failure and head-wall connection before any of it begins to make sense.

Originally Posted by upr_crust
You look significantly taller in this photo - bravo for proper height of camera. Take the advice of the other posters as to your fit - you've been smacked around enough today for me to go over your fit again.

Getting smacked around doesn't bother me. I've performed for directors with whom other members of the troupe have had to mediate the dissolution of tensions before the eruption of physical violence (on both parts), so I'm not too worried. If there's a legitimate constructive criticism I've not yet heard I'm all ears. Insults, condescension, and lack of courtesy are another matter all together. Thanks for the input though. I really like your fits and generally find things in them to take note of. Like today. That silhouette works very well for you and I think is a good example of something in the range of things which I should consider to be a good fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads