• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wings + Horns S/S 2011

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes...for me, the fades are happening on the elbows (as that is one of the few places that is constantly being rubbed).

I wonder what it'll look like when I wash it, although I am sort of waiting for someone else to do it first
tounge.gif

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Something came up, but some quick pics and observations

- super cool looking. Check the color
- Nice fit. Slim, but TTS, imo.
- KEEPING IT WITH NO HESITATIONS!
- Appears to be a great knock-around piece, but at the same time, you could throw a BD underneath for a slightly more dressed up look.

(Sorry for the varying degrees of light. I'll do a real fit this weekend with natural sun. But rest assured the color is really interesting/versatile (though be mindful it is dark, for now..) and a total keeper.

8bbe9c13.jpg

09f58df7.jpg

4caedbb6.jpg

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is the sport coat I mentioned a few back...

does anyone have any thoughts on this fit? I had initially said it was too small, but I'm rethinking...sorry I didn't have time to snap more pics..

f4d76f0b.jpg

Feji

Reaction score
Fit looks good enough. It all depends on if you plan on layering with it, and if there are weird lines that form when you button it up (if you plan on buttoning it up sometimes). I get the same dilemna as you as I'm between sizes (39" chest) and i usually just opt to go the slightly larger route incase i gain weight/bulk up, and so I dont feel too restricted.

Donut

Reaction score
Sleeves are a bit long, but nice pics of the sweatshirt

s3lam

Reaction score
Can't let Slack Tide have all the fun with posting pics =)
Thought I would share a pic I took on my trip to LA last week driving along the PCH.

Anti-Fit Chino
PCH.jpg

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Feji
Fit looks good enough. It all depends on if you plan on layering with it, and if there are weird lines that form when you button it up (if you plan on buttoning it up sometimes). I get the same dilemna as you as I'm between sizes (39" chest) and i usually just opt to go the slightly larger route incase i gain weight/bulk up, and so I dont feel too restricted.

Thanks for your input, Feji. I know what you mean about the weird lines. For this one, I plan at max, to wear a button down beneath -- and hopefully only thin ones. On weekends I'll probably try to wear it with a thin henley or just a t-shirt.

Originally Posted by Donut
Sleeves are a bit long, but nice pics of the sweatshirt

Thanks. I did notice the sleeves are a tad long. I was trying to show the jacket fit as best as possible by pulling down the sleeves as far as they would extend, but when I'm in a natural state the sleeves ride up a bit. Still a tad long, but look a little better irl than photoed, in my opinion.

Originally Posted by madmadigan
Can you button the middle button? Looks good to me, probably can't layer much under it, but looks good with just a shirt, so not sure that would matter. Is it cotton?

Okay, you pulled my card
smile.gif
. I didn't button the middle button because it squares off my top half and creates a boxy (non desirable, for me) fit with the blazer. One qualm I failed to mention. So I plan to wear it unbuttoned probably 80% of the time. I'm also not a huge fan of 3 button coats, and when the top two are buttoned, it creates somewhat of an EG look which I respect but am not a personal fan of. It is 100% cotton ("ventile field cotton"). Light weight and breathable. Very summery weight. Thanks for your comments.

Originally Posted by s3lam
Can't let Slack Tide have all the fun with posting pics =)
Thought I would share a pic I took on my trip to LA last week driving along the PCH.

Anti-Fit Chino
PCH.jpg

NICE FIT and cool pic!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
fistbump.gif
Thank you for the picture content!! We need more! & good for you for gettin' brave with the anti-fits - look great!

Originally Posted by nowiremember
are CPs a requirement with Wings cause i dont have any.

a pair of white CP lows always looks nice w/ w+h but of course they're not a requirement to make a nice fit. A pair of vans, keds - anything basic with minimal design and lines will do fine. Definitely don't let lacking a pair of CP's deter you from getting some w+hs pants or something..

sjnv

Reaction score
Originally Posted by slack tide
Something came up, but some quick pics and observations

- super cool looking. Check the color
- Nice fit. Slim, but TTS, imo.
- KEEPING IT WITH NO HESITATIONS!
- Appears to be a great knock-around piece, but at the same time, you could throw a BD underneath for a slightly more dressed up look.

(Sorry for the varying degrees of light. I'll do a real fit this weekend with natural sun. But rest assured the color is really interesting/versatile (though be mindful it is dark, for now..) and a total keeper.

Thanks for the review! For some reason your pics look brown on my monitor
uhoh.gif

Do you have any measurements for your piece? I'm thinking is sizing up on one (years ago I was a strict medium for all W+H, but it seems they've gotten slimmer and slimmer...)

Also, does anyone have the Indigo Hoodie to compare?

Edd

Reaction score
Originally Posted by slack tide

Okay, you pulled my card
smile.gif
. I didn't button the middle button because it squares off my top half and creates a boxy (non desirable, for me) fit with the blazer. One qualm I failed to mention. So I plan to wear it unbuttoned probably 80% of the time. I'm also not a huge fan of 3 button coats, and when the top two are buttoned, it creates somewhat of an EG look which I respect but am not a personal fan of. It is 100% cotton ("ventile field cotton"). Light weight and breathable. Very summery weight. Thanks for your comments.

personally think the jackets too small, looks tight on chest and shoulders to me, might just be the picture but it looks stiff & a bit awkward...and i always say if your not sure move it on! Ventile as a fabric can be quite a stiff material depending on the grade & thickness used, always think its strange using a waterproof fabric on a blazer when there are so many gaps that rain can get into, sort of defeats the object for me.
Style wise the blazer is ok, but prefer smaller lapels & as you have mentioned EG i'd say that from a personal point of view if i had to buy a "technical" blazer i'd prefer this seasons EG Ripstop Baker jacket over yours.

wearemosaic

Reaction score
Here's a small preview of the F/W 2011 collection from Holt Renfrew's Canadian showcase at LG's Fashion Week in Toronto. - I really like the Heritage Research co-branded fishtail parka, the camel suede sneakers, the enzyme crewneck sweater and the camo bush pants. - I'm not really a fan of the new down parka and vest. They look like really poorly executed obvious rehashes of last season's (FW10) outerwear. - These are runway pics though and just a small glimpse of the full collection. I guess we can't really judge anything quite yet.
TL_HOLTS_JMW30.jpg
TL_HOLTS_JMW28.jpg
More here:
TL_HOLTS_JMW26.jpg
TL_HOLTS_JMW27.jpg
TL_HOLTS_JMW29.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics