• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Avengers (05.04.2012)

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
Yeah, dude. I don't think we're the studio execs' number one priority.

frown.gif
But...... I promise to buy the licensed merchandise if they do it right!

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hawkeye to make Thor cameo, costume revealed to be Ultimate version, no purple tights.
*queue rambo*

http://movies.ign.com/articles/115/1158290p1.html

Hawkeye's Thor Cameo Revealed
Jeremy Renner's role in the god of thunder's screen debut.

You won't have to wait until 2012's The Avengers to see Jeremy Renner as Hawkeye.

Cinema Blend was at CinemaCon where roughly 20 minutes of footage from the upcoming Thor movie was screened that showed the Marvel archer in action.

"The scene we saw featured Renner as Hawkeye, working with the infamous Agent Coulson, played as he was in the Iron Man movies, by Clark Gregg," according to the site.

"The scene features Hawkeye using his famous bow and arrow and he has multiple lines, so while we're talking about something a little more than a momentary cameo, there's no way to know if his involvement will go any further than that one scene."
108917-138190-hawkeye_super.jpg
avengers-jeremy-renner-ultimate-hawkeye-costume.jpg

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
Hawkeye to make Thor cameo, costume revealed to be Ultimate version, no purple tights.
*queue rambo*

http://movies.ign.com/articles/115/1158290p1.html

108917-138190-hawkeye_super.jpg
avengers-jeremy-renner-ultimate-hawkeye-costume.jpg

Kinda sucks. His Ultimate version is nice and all, but I don't see why they couldn't pull off his mainline one. I get the mask is a little out their, but they could always modify that.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
He looks like a white Blade. Fail.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JMRouse
Kinda sucks. His Ultimate version is nice and all, but I don't see why they couldn't pull off his mainline one. I get the mask is a little out their, but they could always modify that.
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
He looks like a white Blade. Fail.
*queue RFX* What did you expect, an exact translation? This is hollywood. Just roll with it! Who cares that it'll suck. You'll watch it anyway!

sonlegoman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll probably watch it. But an archer in today's modern times seems so anachronistic.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sonlegoman
I'll probably watch it. But an archer in today's modern times seems so anachronistic.
He's one character on a team and Hawkeye is a total badass in the comics.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
*queue RFX* What did you expect, an exact translation? This is hollywood. Just roll with it! Who cares that it'll suck. You'll watch it anyway!

It doesn't work like that man, I need to read it from you e-lips before I can throw a rebuttal.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hulk will speak...

Mark Ruffalo, who this week both begins production on The Avengers and releases his directorial debut, Sympathy for Delicious, chatted with MTV News about his upcoming dual role as both Dr. Bruce Banner and as the Incredible Hulk in the Joss Whedon-helmed superhero ensemble. In addition to joking around with a pair of toy Hulk hands, Ruffalo confirmed that the Hulk himself will have some dialogue in the upcoming film.

"You'll love them," says Ruffalo of the Hulk's lines, "...One of them is actually very memorable."

The Avengers, set for release on May 4, 2012, also stars Robert Downey, Jr., Chris Hemsworth, Chris Evans, Jeremy Renner, Scarlett Johansson, Clark Gregg, Samuel L. Jackson, Cobie Smulders, Tom Hiddleston and Stellan Skarsgård.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
^ uhm.. hulk might need a bigger chair.

flipstar

Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidboy
^ uhm.. hulk might need a bigger chair.

Doubt those skimpy wooden chair legs could hold up any of them (most likely not iron man or the hulk...)

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Those chairs have adamantium frames.

grehamjones12

Reaction score
The downside though is scenes are barely linked together and characterization is thrown right out the window. There's only one thing this movie has going for it--and you guessed it: Thurman in a catsuit.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grehamjones12
The downside though is scenes are barely linked together and characterization is thrown right out the window.

That is why they have the origins movie for each pivotal members first and then move on to the Avengers movie.

Originally Posted by grehamjones12
There's only one thing this movie has going for it--and you guessed it: Thurman in a catsuit.
i_see_what_you_did_there_poster-p228060760404242422t5wm_400.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads