• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by G0079
Starting to smoke cigs is marsupialed. Just saying.

Consciously starting smoking "to look cool" is ******* moronic. No one is going to take you more seriously, it will probably distance a lot of people even, especially if you hang out with fitness people with any regularity (full disclosure is that I don't know anything about "fitness people").

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by g transistor
If you just grew out your hair and used some product you could look like a totally different person, in a good way. Right now you look like you're in middle school.

Also start smoking (0)

Starting smoking for aesthetics is marsupialed, nothing wrong with smoking, its great for relieving stress and to be social and I enjoy the taste and how nicotine feels, but its dumb to encourage someone to start because you think it will make them look better. I think it makes me look better, but I wouldn't suggest starting just for that reason. Also if he wants to get in better shape it makes it so much harder, I want to quit just for that reason. Not to mention that if you live anywhere decent its expensive as **** to keep up a decent addiction, none of this 3 or 4 a day ****.

dtmt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Obnoxious anti-smoking twats actually make me want to take up smoking.

Saul Silver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't smoke cigs, smoke pipe tobacco out of a Gandalf pipe. Then kawp some overalls, stop wearing shoes, and hang out by a creek smoking for some Frodo Baggins steez.

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not anti smoking, I smoke like 12.5g a day. I just think its marsupialed to use aesthetics as a justification to start. Also its not gonna make everyone look better, don't really think Mikey is gonna look more badass with a pack of malboro reds.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
I like how chrono pretends not to read the forum or know anything going on yet pops in at the most opportune times
plain.gif

wat?

i actually ahven't read much for a the past few months but i don't remember the post count being so high. i didn't know if the site got some kind of publicity or if it just kinda happened

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cannot tell if serious? Those are like the 2 least bad ass aspects of cigarettes. Menthols are for *****s who think the taste of tobacco is too strong and they'd rather have it taste like someone is breathing warm minty breath into their mouth and american spirit is some all natural eco ****, which is dry, tastes like wood chips and doesn't burn nicely. The tobacco literally resembles saw dust in both texture and colour.

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
fuji, i know you're a "cantabrigian," but menthols are for black people. what u know about newpotes?

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dtmt
Obnoxious anti-smoking twats actually make me want to take up smoking.

+1. I can't stand the crazy anti-smoking folks. I love the comments like "why do people still smoke? Don't they know its bad for them". People know obesity causes all sorts of health problems yet over a 1/4 of americans are obese....
Somehow smoking is a way more acceptable target for people that drinking or obesity.

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you could easily make the argument that society is structured in a way that leads to obesity. same with drinking. in america at least the same is not true about smoking. they actually have made it really tough. people don't want to hire smokers - they need to take breaks and they take more sick days.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
I hate smokers but not because I care that "it's bad for you", do what you want

I hate them because even if I'm outside, if someone next to me is smoking I still have to breathe that ****

punch kidneys in retribution for your lung damage ......

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wEstSidE
fuji, i know you're a "cantabrigian," but menthols are for black people. what u know about newpotes?

I knew they used to be stereotypically black, didn't know they still were. Haven't had a newport before, don't think they sell them in the UK. Everyone heres too poor to afford proper cigarettes, you see 80 year old men hand rolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads