• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Indochino suits?

Scalawag

Reaction score
Well let it be known I had no issues with the quality or fit of my order beyond the poor measurement I gave for length. It's my only experience with them, however.

That being said, their service has been amazing. After placing my initial order, I had some regrets about my option choices so I emailed the Customer Service address and had a reply + order modification within an hour or two. Since applying for my remake, I've fucked up yet again and had to email CS three times. Angie has gotten back to me within an hour max each time, and every time confirms the changes I requested with absolutely no confusion or hesitation.

I really appreciate that it's at least very easy to get in touch with someone if need be, even in the face of their order volume. I'm impressed in this regard as this isn't even the case with a lot of more established businesses.

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ineedaname
Looking for a little help, I have been reading this blog for awhile now and recently bought a suit through indochino, basically my first suit. Looking to see what your opinions are on how it turned out, I am fairly pleased with it. Maybe the pants could use a touch more length in the crotch as it seems to pull a bit through that area. Anyway I would appreciate all comments, good or bad. Thanks

I agree with beutlegeuse - first impression was shorten both the sleeves and pants a bit. Less length down below might help everything hang better. Jacket length is pretty standard. On my first IC suit the rise is also shorter/tighter than I planned. Their video said to tighten the measuring tape on your crotch, but they didn't allow for much room for the boys.

bitokrusader

Reaction score
I'm debating on ordering a suit from Indochino. I like their styles and their prices are reasonable, however, a few have mentioned that they go off a database based on weight/height and make changes according to their specification/interpretation therefore making a suit not 100% based on the measurements clients give to them (correct me if I am wrong). My ordeal is this, I am not of average height for a guy and a bit stocky. Is there anyone out there that has ordered from them that has an unusual build or a not so average build/height? If so, how did your suit turn out?

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They seem to be making a lot of errors right now. I would make sure this is the way you wish to proceed before doing so.

jimmystewart

Reaction score
All right, here goes... I'm not much for posting on forums (textbook lurker) but I've been following this thread and the 'great indochino debate' long enough that I thought it was worth contributing, especially after the helpful research and opinions of so many others influenced me to try indochino in the first place. Not sure if my results will help or hurt indochino's cause, but either way it should be informative.
smile.gif

I haven't seen much formal wear posted from them, so I wanted to share some pics of a tux I recently received. This is my first purchase from indochino and my first mtm suit (the 'dinner jacket tuxedo' - I wasn't going anywhere near that new Vegas strip collection). Like others have found, I was initially impressed with the overall fit and appearance (a big difference from OTR for me, even though I am a pretty standard size) but to my (novice and untrained) eye there are some adjustments that need to be made:

1. The pants are too short - they don't break over the shoe
2. The jacket sleeves are also a little short, though from what I understand it is permissible to show a little more sleeve (up to 1") with a tuxedo jacket...
3. The jacket might be a bit too long, though I'm definitely glad it didn't come out short and I'm not personally a huge fan of the whole 'modern look' of short jackets.
4. Shoulders possibly extend too far (though that could also be the 'traditional' padding)
5. Boy does indochino like making slim fit pants... they 'corrected' my thigh measurement and I feel the pants pull a bit around the hips. Overall they're decent though, not skin tight or anything.

I will obviously have a tailor look it all over, but any thoughts from the many sartorially knowledgeable denizens of styleforum are more than welcome. Any questions about the suit or ordering process just let me know (though I can't comment on customer service as I haven't used them yet).

Thanks all!

Trit

Reaction score
Well, let me get to the good before the bad. Firstly their customer service was very nice and even though I was a day past the limit for returns they accepted my return without any hassle.

That said, my suit was easily the worst fit of any of you guys. I used the same measurements I use at ModernTailor which always gives a good shirt fit but they sort of imploded here. Sleeves too long and wide, pants skin tight, shoulders too wide. But the kicker is the the jacket fit. I've never seen anything like it; it appears that I'm wearing a corset and makes it look like my hips are as wide as my shoulders. In the measurements there's a seven inch drop from chest to waist but this is a crazy way to handle it. No tailor could think this would fit anyone.

unsuitable.jpg

So, pleasant company to deal with but, in my case, the product is downright embarrassing.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Pants don't quite look skin tight in your pic, but I agree with everything else. Sleeves definitely look too baggy and the hourglass figure on that jacket is ridiculous. I thought my jacket looked bad, but the chest, shoulders, and hips are so wide on this that it makes the waist suppression look very extreme. You're right, I don't know how any tailor could finish that jacket and assume that it would fit any male body.

So you didn't try for a remake, you just sent the whole thing back for a return?

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jimmystewart
I will obviously have a tailor look it all over, but any thoughts from the many sartorially knowledgeable denizens of styleforum are more than welcome. Any questions about the suit or ordering process just let me know (though I can't comment on customer service as I haven't used them yet).

Thanks all!

The more suits I see from Indochino, the more I'm starting to dislike them, and I'm feeling less hopeful that my remake will come out OK. I really don't like the shoulders on just about every suit I've seen. I guess they usually use roped shoulders, but many times it just looks like the top of the sleeve is jutting out straight up were the sleeve meets the shoulder. If everything else comes out better on my remake, maybe I could have my tailor fix this for me.

mafeme

Reaction score
Here is my first suit from Indochino. Purchased March 1st, arrived March 28th.

1.) Sleeves a bit too long.
2.) The pants are tight around the crotch area.
3.) Shoulders too wide?

I might apply for remake but want some suggestions first. How is the overall fit?

Acer

Reaction score
Just got mine in today... pretty close, from what I can tell--but the jacket is a bit tight in the midsection, as is the vest. There's also something funky going on with the jacket at the base of the neck. Here's the pics, I'll let the experts decide:
DSCN0305.jpg
Sorry for the shadows--the front chest area is clean, the only thing I can see is the pulling around the button
DSCN0306.jpg
(stop looking at ******, the pants look better when they're actually sitting correctly on my waist)
DSCN0307.jpg
NECK WRINKLES! Can a tailor fix this?
DSCN0308.jpg
DSCN0309.jpg
Wife thinks the pants are too short -- there is a break when standing, but a few inches of sock is visible when walking. Let the hem out or no? Detail shots:
DSCN0312.jpg
Pic stitching on lapel
DSCN0311.jpg
Ticket pocket / more stitching
DSCN0310.jpg
Functional buttonholes

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Trit
Well, let me get to the good before the bad. Firstly their customer service was very nice and even though I was a day past the limit for returns they accepted my return without any hassle.

That said, my suit was easily the worst fit of any of you guys. I used the same measurements I use at ModernTailor which always gives a good shirt fit but they sort of imploded here. Sleeves too long and wide, pants skin tight, shoulders too wide. But the kicker is the the jacket fit. I've never seen anything like it; it appears that I'm wearing a corset and makes it look like my hips are as wide as my shoulders. In the measurements there's a seven inch drop from chest to waist but this is a crazy way to handle it. No tailor could think this would fit anyone.

unsuitable.jpg

So, pleasant company to deal with but, in my case, the product is downright embarrassing.

^^^ Creepy images thread?

Trit

Reaction score
Originally Posted by acecow
^^^ Creepy images thread?

Might as well be. Yeah, I'll be sending the whole thing back. Trust me those pants are uncomfortably tight.

Acer

Reaction score
Any inputs on my suit? I don't want to make the umpteenth "Critique this fit" thread =/

As for the things I could see (jacket chest / waist, waistcoat let out), I think I can trust that to the local "alterations" shops. I use quotes because the alleged best one in town asked me why I didn't button the bottom button on my jacket. F that noise. The wrinkles at the nape, though...how difficult would that be to fix? do I need a remake?

heaven7

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Trit

unsuitable.jpg

Holy crap.

Rummage

Reaction score
I ordered a year ago and was fairly happy.

But maybe they have changed things since then...

That one suit that goes WAY in, in the waste looks HORRIBLE. Worst suit I have seen in my life and why are the arms so baggy and wrinkly.

Also a reason why the fit is off is possibly because you used Modern Tailor measurements. I think they do things their own way over there. Follow the instructions and watch the videos on how to measure.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads