• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctp120

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kappelan
Details about watch please

Parmigiani Fleurier Kalpa Grande on dk brn crocodile strap by Hermes.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ryoneo
Is that the new suit? Congrats if it is. Nice fit.

Yessir, Thanks!

Originally Posted by Holdfast
oh, I like a lot. New suit? Tie is cool, too, though the paisley police will probably complain.

I wonder if a slightly narrower spread on your shirt collars would suit you better.

Thanks, and I think I agree re: the collars, especially when my head is shaved (for some reason)

Originally Posted by Holdfast
What's happened to your pics?

From what I can tell, I like... but I can't tell much!

Work has been driving me nuts (to the point of seriously considering a career chnge) so time is limited, don't ask the Mrs to do pics anymore, so they're all self snaps from my iPhone, and uploaded after taking (usually much earlier in the day). Thanks!

Originally Posted by in stitches
nice flooring, this is a very cool vantage point. oh yeah the clothers are nice too

You can see where the old desks were bolted to the floors. My classroom is over a hundred and twenty years old. Thats some old wood.

Originally Posted by ndw
Looks nice Rob.

Thanks NDW

Originally Posted by niidawg3
+1 i missed Rob's fit. nice tie. is that a black panta cashmere?

Cheers Nii, its actually a very dark brown John Varvatos. Silk.

Originally Posted by UrbanComposition
Great look Aeglus. Wish I could pull off the Morrissey, but my hair's a bit thick.

NYR - nice sportcoat.

FU very much UC
laugh.gif

And thanks.
smile.gif

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Orgetorix
The circus came to town today, and all the elephants and horses paraded through downtown on their way from the train to the arena.

0330011428b.jpg
DSCF7492.jpg
DSCF7494.jpg

Elephants! This has to be a Forum "first"! I like the pairing of your tie with this shirt.

spoozy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Threadbearer
smile.gif
Originally Posted by Navi
Cheers, Navi!
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
I won´t be able to post on friday, as i´m travelling to Dublin. I could post a permanent link, would that help? If not, so be it.
Originally Posted by upr_crust
Looks fine to me in any aspect. But what do i know?
biggrin.gif
Sharp!
Originally Posted by Edgar Allan Pwn
Nice tie / sc combo!
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
Great.
Originally Posted by ctp120
Sharp in very low-fy version, but really diggin´ it! Yesterday, it was five colours...today five different textures
smile.gif
Won´t be able to post until Tuesday, hope ya havin a good time (i´ll have that in Dublin!):
5574833858_5de48012bf_z.jpg
5574246027_46b0701a8d_z.jpg
5574834350_2c8299fcbf_z.jpg
5574831984_3d15441e3f_z.jpg
5574245659_be21d98b81_z.jpg

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ich_Dien
cycle.jpg

Is that the Giardini Pubblici? You're making me nostalgic for Venezia, if so - I was there last month, and my hotel was in Sant Elena, so the gardens were a familiar sight.

Feelin fine n dandy.
cb288389.jpg

Oh, Spoo-meister, the suit is awesome, but, as you acknowledged, you should have worn a plain shirt. (Unlike others, I like the tie, but the suit is the diva in this fit - it needs to be the star - all accessories are bit players.)

The shoes - love the style, am really not a fan of the color. I understand why you made the choice, but I've seen too many tatty Brits in ASDA suits wearing grey shoes to really like the look - the association is too strong (though the shoes - Corthay? - are certainly NOT tatty).

Originally Posted by mktitsworth
Don't worry. You're not alone in this. Though, if you don't mind, I prefer the left side.

Anywho, trying to incorporate some of the advice from yesterday, especially that of Phat Guido about how to take pics (Thanks again). Hopefully some of it comes through. Being Texas in the spring, the wind was up.

2mhzrrd.jpg

You look significantly taller in this photo - bravo for proper height of camera. Take the advice of the other posters as to your fit - you've been smacked around enough today for me to go over your fit again.

Originally Posted by ctp120
Another outfit using the same SC from a few days ago. Cross-posted from conservative business dress thread.

DSC_0850-1.jpg

That jacket is way too short and too tight, and as you're tall and thin, I can only assume that you've had it for a while. When economically possible for you, time to go shopping again.

Originally Posted by spoozy
:Looks fine to me in any aspect. But what do i know?
biggrin.gif

Yesterday, it was five colours...today five different textures
smile.gif

Won´t be able to post until Tuesday, hope ya havin a good time (i´ll have that in Dublin!):

You look great today - have fun in Dublin, and we'll see you posting when you return.

Glad that you liked my fit today - I wish that I did (or perhaps I can blame the pictures - it's all the self-timer's fault!).

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is that the Giardini Pubblici? You're making me nostalgic for Venezia, if so - I was there last month, and my hotel was in Sant Elena, so the gardens were a familiar sight.
It is Lucca down in Tuscany actually - I think I'd be arrested if I rode a bike around Venice. Glad you enjoyed Sant Elena, it is a wonderfully quiet place.

Edgar Allan Pwn

Reaction score
Originally Posted by spoozy
smile.gif
Cheers, Navi! I won´t be able to post on friday, as i´m travelling to Dublin. I could post a permanent link, would that help? If not, so be it. Looks fine to me in any aspect. But what do i know?
biggrin.gif
Sharp! Nice tie / sc combo! Great. Sharp in very low-fy version, but really diggin´ it! Yesterday, it was five colours...today five different textures
smile.gif
5574246027_46b0701a8d_z.jpg
5574834350_2c8299fcbf_z.jpg
5574831984_3d15441e3f_z.jpg
5574245659_be21d98b81_z.jpg

Absolutely wonderful fit. The SC in particular is just great. Love the colour. Also, I'm glad someone like my tie!

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thanks for all the comments today fellas - even the "trainwreck" from Nii
laugh.gif
. This is what I love about trial and error. Obviously, I learned something today. I like experimenting, but I think I found the problem - I have too much ****. I need to narrow down my assortment. Look for a closet clean and overhaul shortly
devil.gif
Spoo2.0 coming soon
smile.gif

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That jacket is way too short and too tight, and as you're tall and thin, I can only assume that you've had it for a while. When economically possible for you, time to go shopping again.

Are you sure you're commenting on the right picture?

lennier

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ich_Dien
It is Lucca down in Tuscany actually - I think I'd be arrested if I rode a bike around Venice. Glad you enjoyed Sant Elena, it is a wonderfully quiet place.
Beautiful town! Did you get to Paulo's bar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads