• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisGold

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Beyachad
These look great. Love the contrast edging, light stitching and colored eyelets. Alden is doing a different makeup of this model than last year. I have the sand and dark brown suede ptbs from Alden Madison Ave., and they have blind eyelets.

BTW, picked up a sand suede belt with nickel buckle from the DC store last week. My compliments to Kathleen for her great customer service in trying to get my shoe sizes fitted correctly. She is great to work with.

It's actually a makeup for Sherman Brothers, not the stock Alden shoe.

Beyachad

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ChrisGold
It's actually a makeup for Sherman Brothers, not the stock Alden shoe.

Perhaps it's the lighting but yours look like a different shade of snuff than my lwb. Are those on the Barrie? Not seeing the shoe on the Sherman Bros website.

ChrisGold

Reaction score
Perhaps it's the lighting but yours look like a different shade of snuff than my lwb. Are those on the Barrie? Not seeing the shoe on the Sherman Bros website.

Not on the site, but call them, they have it in snuff and a darker brown. It is Barrie, and I assume that you are right about the color difference being due to the lighting.

mediahound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ahab
It has been a while so I am going from memory but IIRC my Barrie lasted boots seemed slightly smaller than my Barrie Lasted PTB's. I have several pairs of PTB's in Barrie and only one pair of Barrie lasted Plain toe Boots in black shell. I wish there was more science to this but really if we do mail order it is kind of a blind voodoo until you get to know what personally fits. Good Luck.
smile.gif
EDIT: To keep this from getting out of hand I would like to add that both fit and I have no problem. I just notice the boots seem to be ever so slightly smaller and actually look sleeker than the shoes. Just my opinion. YMMV

Thanks for the input on that.

jamesbond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are gorgeous boots otherwise. It saddened me a bit to return them. Haven't pulled the trigger on new ones as I have already reached my new shoe limit for the moment and probably for the year. SM was good about comping my return shipping btw.

Originally Posted by velomane
Funny, I was going to order those when they reappeared. I'm glad I hesitated.

Now I'm pissed, Alden SF just emailed me saying they're all sold out. Anyone know where I can get these ravello chukka's in 8.5D? Thanks.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PETEROCK1

3alden1.jpg

3alden2.jpg

Love the snuff suede wingtip boots....whoever suggested that makeup has a keen eye for shoe design!
satisfied.gif

What were they doing in your locker?

interlockingny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jamesbond
Now I'm pissed, Alden SF just emailed me saying they're all sold out. Anyone know where I can get these ravello chukka's in 8.5D? Thanks.

Did you try Alden DC?

Hot Dog Day #49

Reaction score
Why does Macarthur or whatever always say argyles otc, what does otc mean? over the counter? as opposed to prescription socks?

justin8818

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hot Dog Day #49
Why does Macarthur or whatever always say argyles otc, what does otc mean? over the counter? as opposed to prescription socks?

Haha, pretty sure it means over-the-calf!

hooker4186

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hot Dog Day #49

Off the cuff...
teacha.gif

rebel222

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jamesbond

I bought a pair of Ravello chukka seconds from SM about 6 months ago in 8.5D. The "flaw" on mine is less noticeable than those stretch marks. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads