• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I broke up with my gf (general breakup thread)

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MarkI
Her confusion makes her build a wall around herself, it sucks, but she is so hard to talk to. It is what it is though.

I see. Well, don't get discouraged. If anyone get can through her, I'm sure it's you.

MarkI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by deadly7
The understanding, you don't has it. Come back in a few months and you'll see things in a whole new light. She was ready to throw you out of her life. "I need to take a break" is the world's biggest copout in a relationship. The only things that are keeping her from banging Armando are your constant sniveling and her fear that she won't find anyone else. And yes, this is based on personal experience. What do you think's going to happen in two more years if she takes you back now? The same damn thing that crept up now is going to later.

Not everyones story is the same. Yeah, everyone think they are the exception, i'm not saying I am, but i'm saying if we get back together, and something like this happens down the line...well you cross the bridge when you get there.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
...well you cross the bridge when you get there.

bridge_to_nowhere_poster-p228744295954036371tdcp_400.jpg

I think you're already on the bridge.

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not everyones story is the same. Yeah, everyone think they are the exception, i'm not saying I am, but i'm saying if we get back together, and something like this happens down the line...well you cross the bridge when you get there.

No, you're very clearly stating that you think that you're the exception. Much in the same way a girl is very clearly stating that it's ******* over when she says that yall need a break. There are exceptions. I know one. They've been dating for two years, but the dude had a super ******* busy semester and didn't have enough time to dedicate to the girl who was feeling left out. They communicated perfectly before, had no unaddressed issues, and communicated the terms perfectly then. They weren't going to sleep with anyone else, they weren't going to see each other, and at the end of the semester it was back on. The got back together and are doing better than ever. This exception occurred because of exceptional circumstances. Yours aren't.

Tonight, even if she has the balls to tell you that it really isn't going to work out, you're going to beg and plead and that she reconsider, and give you a chance, and tell her that you're sure that you can fix things because you love her so much. She may reluctantly consent. You'll come back here thinking that you're successful while she's calling Armando telling him that she's had a bullshit evening and needs a good dicking from a real man to help her unwind.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Gale, don't be so harsh. I'm sure Mark knows what he's getting into. I also highly doubt she'll give "Armando" a call. And even if Mark does plead (which I don't think he will because he's pretty steadfast in leaving things open-ended), that doesn't make him worse off. It shows he's willing to make it work. And I repeat, she too feels the same way. She's reserved/shy/reluctant/what have you when it comes to her emotions. While it's not excusable, it's understandable given the circumstances.

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Neov7 earns a gold star for his contribution to this threak.

MarkI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HgaleK
No, you're very clearly stating that you think that you're the exception. Much in the same way a girl is very clearly stating that it's ******* over when she says that yall need a break. There are exceptions. I know one. They've been dating for two years, but the dude had a super ******* busy semester and didn't have enough time to dedicate to the girl who was feeling left out. They communicated perfectly before, had no unaddressed issues, and communicated the terms perfectly then. They weren't going to sleep with anyone else, they weren't going to see each other, and at the end of the semester it was back on. The got back together and are doing better than ever. This exception occurred because of exceptional circumstances. Yours aren't. Tonight, even if she has the balls to tell you that it really isn't going to work out, you're going to beg and plead and that she reconsider, and give you a chance, and tell her that you're sure that you can fix things because you love her so much. She may reluctantly consent. You'll come back here thinking that you're successful while she's calling Armando telling him that she's had a bullshit evening and needs a good dicking from a real man to help her unwind.
Yeah, bro, **** you. I think you just crossed a line. You give good advice, but at this point this **** reeks of bitterness. I don't intend to beg, plead or grovel in front of any woman, even if it is the one I love, I intend to have a mature, civil, conversation, and see where things go.

MarkI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
Gale, don't be so harsh. I'm sure Mark knows what he's getting into. I also highly doubt she'll give "Armando" a call. And even if Mark does plead (which I don't think he will because he's pretty steadfast in leaving things open-ended), that doesn't make him worse off. It shows he's willing to make it work. And I repeat, she too feels the same way. She's reserved/shy/reluctant/what have you when it comes to her emotions. While it's not excusable, it's understandable given the circumstances.

+1

Originally Posted by RedLantern
Neov7 earns a gold star for his contribution to this threak.

Yes.

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
haha neo is jokes. you should definately not hold her hand or kiss her. you have to be business like! tell her why youre leaving and leave politely. dont kiss show feelings towards her because thats not why youre there. youre there to show her what she could of had and now its over.

in the end i dont know what would be more funny. if you didnt go and had what ifs because a bunch of guys on an internet forum told you not to, or if you got back together with her.

MarkI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by West24
haha neo is jokes. you should definately not hold her hand or kiss her. you have to be business like! tell her why youre leaving and leave politely. dont kiss show feelings towards her because thats not why youre there. youre there to show her what she could of had and now its over.

in the end i dont know what would be more funny. if you didnt go and had what ifs because a bunch of guys on an internet forum told you not to, or if you got back together with her.

I think it's been made pretty clear, that while I absorb and take in the advice i've gotten, ultimately I do what I feel like I should do.

In my opinion, thats the best thing to do, in the end, even if she doesnt work I at least know its becase of what I did.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was going for a light peck on the cheek, West. Parents do it to their children all the time. It's a display of affection and is not necessarily mushy or romantic. "Business-like"? She's not a client from Pakistan. She's somebody Mark really cares about. And there's no need for ultimatums. They are a lot like Communism -- better on paper than put into practice.

kungapa

Reaction score
But my whole case was...I know we can fix them, let me show you. I think she's actually coming around to that.

Blah...this whole thing is going down in 4 hours and I still feel so lost about it. Meh.

If you can't film it, at least bring a recorder. After 30+ pages of this, SF deserves the full story - post the recording here!

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it's been made pretty clear, that while I absorb and take in the advice i've gotten, ultimately I do what I feel like I should do.

In my opinion, thats the best thing to do, in the end, even if she doesnt work I at least know its becase of what I did.

Yes. U are attenshionhoar. Is ok. Someone need to fill the lulzvoid of MS.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
whatever happens, mark, i hope it ends well and is what you truthfully want vs. what random internet casanovas convinced you that you want

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads