• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Parker
Spring is here. Cotton and linen are back.
Jacket deets?
inlove.gif

Originally Posted by mktitsworth
Hopefully today is better.
Many have mentioned their thoughts.

Listen to PG.
Listen to Nii.

I'm between a short and a regular, depending on the maker. If you're not going bespoke, make sure the length is good for you.

Originally Posted by harvey_birdman
Many thanks to Holdfast for this Paisley tie. :thumbsup:

lolololololololololololololololol tie is hideous.

Originally Posted by ndw
New Panta tie.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Tie is sweeet. But - suit deets?

Originally Posted by Kaip911
Might want to dial back the saturation.

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A navy Panama was sighted
110330006.jpg

110330010-1.jpg

110330008.jpg

I may have sinned today.. Certainly can't be worse than me not buttoning up my BDs or commissioning a 1B SB BlazerSuit Loro Piana "The Wave" cloth..

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ich_Dien
cycle.jpg

From the weekend, shock of cold weather. Alas, my tweeds are all stored up now as it is 20 degrees quite consistently. Always a sad day!

Those are some splendid colors! And the fit is spot on. This photo is a pleasure to look at.

gusvs

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Phat Guido
110330006.jpg

110330010-1.jpg

110330008.jpg

I may have sinned today.. Certainly can't be worse than me not buttoning up my BDs or commissioning a 1B SB BlazerSuit Loro Piana "The Wave" cloth..

worship.gif

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mktitsworth
Thanks for your opinions on the tie. Personally, I rather love it and have gotten nothing else but compliments on it thus far.
I have found that people often compliment something just because it has grabbed their attention and made them feel the need to say something in a hurry. Compliments don't necessarily equal praise.

Originally Posted by acridsheep
^ the tie looked like it was from the set of Avatar. In fact, when I donned 3D glasses it looked pretty trippy.
laugh.gif
You've been very funny lately, acrid. Are you doing standup in the evenings? "Take my tie ... please!"

Originally Posted by sugarbutch
Since I picked up the scout trooper helmet, the stormtrooper helmet hasn't gotten much use.
Nerd.
fight[1].gif
I find your lack of faith disturbing.

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
cycle.jpg

From the weekend, shock of cold weather.

A shock of fresh air, also; the slacks and bicycle are my favourite elements. It's good to see you stopping by this thread again

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Style and class that one would never see in the U.S.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Phat Guido

110330006.jpg

110330010-1.jpg

110330008.jpg

I like it. You can make the horizontal striped knit work well. I can't.

Originally Posted by IST66
3-67-1.jpg

3-67.jpg

Good to have you back!

Mike

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by IST66
3-67-1.jpg

Striking detail! Love the richness of the colors.​

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One of the more insightful, if annoying, aspects of posting photos here is that one begins to notice all the things that look wrong about one's fit - usually well after it is possible to change it. Thus it is today with the fit of my jacket, which seems to be pulling slightly in the chest (at least to me), as opposed to today's trousers, which are more than a bit loose at the waistline. Argh.

FWIW then, fellow posters . . .

IMGP0314506x1280.jpg

IMGP03111053x1280.jpg

IMGP0312851x1280.jpg

RogerC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jrd617
23r1t1e.jpg

23h3xj7.jpg

k0q3bp.jpg

This is all meant constructively, no offence meant:

Understand your face and body type. You are skinny, have a long neck and a high forehead. The skinny means that you will drown in many normal-sized garments. You will look like there's a suit carrying someone around, rather than vice versa. It also means you have to be careful about accessorizing: big cufflinks, shiny ties with big knots and the like will only exacerbate that.

The long neck means it's a bad idea to have the long collar points you have. You will improve balance no end by getting wider-spead collars. It also means you might need a higher collar. It might be useful trying out MTM shirtmakers.

The high forehead calls into question your hairstyle and facial hair. Your current hairstyle accentuates the forehead, and your facial hair makes the lower half of your face very busy. Combined with the long neck and skinniness, it results in an unflattering picture.

RogerC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh, and get rid of the sunglasses. Now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads