• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NAMOR
Yeah. They are supposed to shrink an inch in the waist after a warm soak. Atleast thats what the label says

Didn't know that, will it stretch back out like a pair of denim?

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zippyh
Mine didn't.
How did you wash/soak them?
Originally Posted by Froosh
Didn't know that, will it stretch back out like a pair of denim?
Based on what zippyh said, they may not. I cannot speak firsthand to the shrinkage as I have not worn them yet. Waiting for the contest to start!

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How did you wash/soak them? Based on what zippyh said, they may not. I cannot speak firsthand to the shrinkage as I have not worn them yet. Waiting for the contest to start!
Anyone else have any experience with these?

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Sorry, missed the "warm" soak detail.
I just machine washed cold and line dried.
Didn't shrink that I could tell.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zippyh
Sorry, missed the "warm" soak detail. I just machine washed cold and line dried. Didn't shrink that I could tell.
Back in my Levi's 501 days, I would wash my jeans im the washer and I would get the ugliest streaks of faded denim. Did the chino fade evenly in the wash? And how much color did you loose?

el duderino

Reaction score
Anyone else any experience with these?

Are you talking about this seasons selvage officer chinos? Mine didn't come w/ a tag saying anything about shrinking. I know the pairs from FW09 came with a label that said to expect 1/2" shrinkage in waist and 1" in inseam, but I recall reading those who got the older pairs experienced no shrink since they are already sanforized. I was told by someone their previous pair didn't shrink either.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by el duderino
Are you talking about this seasons selvage officer chinos? Mine didn't come w/ a tag saying anything about shrinking. I know the pairs from FW09 came with a label that said to expect 1/2" shrinkage in waist and 1" in inseam, but I recall reading those who got the older pairs experienced no shrink since they are already sanforized. I was told by someone their previous pair didn't shrink either.
Ok thanks. I have a pair from last season which did in fact come with a tag that mentions the shrinkage. I have yet to test it though. And you are right, it was 1/2" in the waist and 1" in inseam. Froosh: It seems like they dont shrink el duderino: How in the world do you know so much about RRL? I dont want to say that you know everything about RRL, but it appears that you might

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Back in my Levi's 501 days, I would wash my jeans im the washer and I would get the ugliest streaks of faded denim. Did the chino fade evenly in the wash? And how much color did you loose?

No streaks/fade/color loss to speak of. Honestly I wasn't really keeping track.

jamesbond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by somatoform
Great shirt, except that it pales in comparison to the previous icon seasonal western denim shirt, in terms of weight - like 12oz vs. 7oz or less for the wyoming wash one (one on ebay). And also compared to the last season's, the denim has nothing interesting going on, pretty bland actually. But I say great because it's a great design, has a great shade of deep blue and is a lighterweight alternative for warmer months.

I actually complained about this shirt in this thread a ways back. For $220 retail the older icon denim western is a steal when compared to Japanese brands, but for $270 retail for this newer one, well, Ironheart has a one wash for the same price and it's probably twice as good.

And ebay sellers have been selling this shirt for under $100 for a while now. Not sure how seller Hanansi manages to keep the price up so high.

At $100, I'd say get the shirt; at $180, I'd say check into some of those denim western Spellbound Blue Owl is offering for around the same price I believe. Or get a Flat Head for the same price ($190 shipped).

Anyone know what year this denim western is from?
http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...ht=RRL+western

FWIW it's no longer for sale as I ended up keeping it, fits me spot on! It's made from some really heavy, hairy selvedge denim. I think I got it off ebay a few years back for around $100. I was dumb to even try selling it, nevermind for the price I was asking. Glad I kept it.

harveyrabbit

Reaction score
Blackbird/ FieldHouse 3/29/11

5572716107_0d6d1b4264_m.jpg

5573306496_0473076c51_m.jpg

5572716389_fd6f26fb03_m.jpg

5572716249_29a2e8dbc3_m.jpg

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jamesbond
Anyone know what year this denim western is from? http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...ht=RRL+western FWIW it's no longer for sale as I ended up keeping it, fits me spot on! It's made from some really heavy, hairy selvedge denim. I think I got it off ebay a few years back for around $100. I was dumb to even try selling it, nevermind for the price I was asking. Glad I kept it.
Year two thousand awesome, why isnt it in my size!??
blush.gif
On a serious not, I dont know what year. Looks nice though

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Froosh
That rl_store seller refused to get measurements on a pair of denim I wanted to buy, said they're "most likely as tagged."
plain.gif

What a bunch of BS. That seller's prices are high, too. I wonder how many people they've screwed who've bought the wrong size.

They do have a 7-day return policy..but deduct $10 for shipping.

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
some filson's bag in the Blackbird/ FieldHouse?

btw, those jackets are nice

srgprod

Reaction score
Year two thousand awesome, why isnt it in my size!??
blush.gif
On a serious not, I dont know what year. Looks nice though

I have the same shirt. F/W 2009. The denim and details are awesome. Mine's for sale if anyone's looking for one. NWT in size large. They fit really slim. Too small for me. I've never worn it. Just been sitting in my closet. PM me if interested.

ispace

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dave_SFU
I was at the Soho RRL shop on Friday and was told the Selvedge Officer Chinos are sold out company-wide in sz 28 through 31

Damn, passed up two size 34s (not my size) at 75% off at an outlet a month back. Would have been under $50 each.

B.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads