• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Relationship Dealbreakers

word

Reaction score
-not witty, or not able to engage in witty banter without getting butthurt
-takes themselves too seriously
-listens to hip hop/rap/etc
-christian, even non-practicing ones have a strong chance to get all devout when something monumental happens in their lives. No thx.
-more than a couple inches taller than me.
-gets upset or defensive when I use proper etiquette
-poor posture
-not petite

linkinwayne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by word
-not witty, or not able to engage in witty banter without getting butthurt
-takes themselves too seriously
-listens to hip hop/rap/etc
-christian, even non-practicing ones have a strong chance to get all devout when something monumental happens in their lives. No thx.
-more than a couple inches taller than me.
-gets upset or defensive when I use proper etiquette
-poor posture
-not petite

lolll

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mcsorleyminute
A woman's perspective:

Small hands.
Unable to drive a car with a standard transmission.
Halitosis.
Getting my phone number and then using it to text me will put a guy right into the friend zone.
So will an ungentlemanly act like not holding the door open for me (or any one else for that matter).
A man who is unable to keep his word is a man who doesn't think about what he's saying. That shows a lack of intelligence. There is no zone, friend or otherwise for this person.
See also: Dishonesty.
See also: Tiny penis.

It's all about the texting with my generation.

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
How old are you, out of curiosity? Seems there's a big age divide on this one.

Yeah, I've had some women act very weird when I call only to text me constantly. It seems like under 27 = text only.

Fraiche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
How old are you, out of curiosity? Seems there's a big age divide on this one.

It don't matter, women's advice on relationships is always wrong. (Unless she's a lesbian.)

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jodum5
You like your girls boring, yes?

I guess, if that's what you consider boring. The topic at hand was "Relationship Dealbreakers," not "One-Night Stand Dealbreakers." If we're discussing the latter, my list of habits doesn't really apply. That changes when looking at it from a relationship standpoint.

Relationships require enough work without one of the involved parties being a coke head or a total lush.

juliank

Reaction score
i find that the more dealbreakers on your list deals with things that a person has no choice over the matter the more shallow of a human being you are

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mcsorleyminute
A woman's perspective:

Small hands.
Unable to drive a car with a standard transmission.
Halitosis.
Getting my phone number and then using it to text me will put a guy right into the friend zone.
So will an ungentlemanly act like not holding the door open for me (or any one else for that matter).
A man who is unable to keep his word is a man who doesn't think about what he's saying. That shows a lack of intelligence. There is no zone, friend or otherwise for this person.
See also: Dishonesty.
See also: Tiny penis.

I find this absolutely marsupialed, and not because I can't drive stick (because I drive stick just fine).

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gort
I find this absolutely marsupialed, and not because I can't drive stick (because I drive stick just fine).

The question is can she drive stick? Badum Tishhhh

Mr. White

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Blackfyre
Others have said some things I don't personally agree with, but they make a modicum of sense. This though is full go marsupialed. A chick has more than two holes, and a Brazilian therefore she's trash? What? Please tell me your joking.

Women don't shave to "feel clean." That stuff is right off Burma Shave signs. Women shave to show out to men (that their sluttiness is premeditated, affected, and, well, right off Appreciation sites). Same goes for clit rings, tongue rings, etc.

I don't care if you get your values -- or your women -- second hand from Larry Flynt. Doesn't bother me a bit. It's just not something that I do.

Speaking of marsupialed, it strikes me as childish to walk around, making your big message to the world: "I have many holes. . . . I have many holes. . . . I have many holes. . . ." Same for the guys (and gals) who wear those giant black plugs in their ears: "I like a stud. . . . I like a stud. . . . I like a stud. . . ."

word

Reaction score
Originally Posted by linkinwayne
lolll

It's ****.
smile.gif

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. White
Women don't shave to "feel clean." That stuff is right off Burma Shave signs. Women shave to show out to men (that their sluttiness is premeditated, affected, and, well, right off Appreciation sites). Same goes for clit rings, tongue rings, etc.

I don't care if you get your values -- or your women -- second hand from Larry Flynt. Doesn't bother me a bit. It's just not something that I do.

Speaking of marsupialed, it strikes me as childish to walk around, making your big message to the world: "I have many holes. . . . I have many holes. . . . I have many holes. . . ." Same for the guys (and gals) who wear those giant black plugs in their ears: "I like a stud. . . . I like a stud. . . . I like a stud. . . ."

SEXIST!

Mr. White

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Don Carlos
Also, good luck finding atrractive girls these days who aren't shaved and don't have at least a belly button piercing.

Ignoring drunk ****, young people make stupid mistakes when they go out into the world. I don't condemn anyone for being young and stupid. They're just too young for me anymore. Women the right age for me (who still do that) didn't or couldn't grow up. Pass.

Duff_Man

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Blackfyre
Seriously. I personally like cruel tatted girls who smoke, but I know that's not for everybody. .

Fuckin yah. Sociopaths are ******* hot as hell. All my exes have had sociopathic tendencies. It's hot when a girl is willing to (and does) lie, cheat and steal for you.

Also, rib pieces are ******* badass.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics