• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMayle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JGLB
Yay! Wait.... what's this, someone punched security tags through the leather in the quarter?! What kind of effing moron does that?

man I thought the local salvation army stapling prices through the collars and lapels was bad
laugh.gif

frenchy

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by matstyleku
My finds from today and yesterday, all at places farther from my house as I was staying at my sister's:

]

First Isaia, size 56(46?) so will be up for trade after I get acquainted with it:
IMG_1454.jpg

IMG_1457.jpg

IMG_1455.jpg

]

That Isaia has major wear on the front and the inside pocket (im sure you saw the pocket but did you see between the buttons)
i passed on this thing (dundas/dixie right?)
if you had gotten earlier you would have found these

DSCF2686.jpg

DSCF2687.jpg

DSCF2680.jpg

DSCF2681.jpg

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by canuckstyle
did pretty good a couple of weeks ago
dscn1017.jpg

Whats the model name and size on these? If its 8.5UK, send a PM
laugh.gif

serious

matstyleku

Reaction score
Originally Posted by frenchy
That Isaia has major wear on the front and the inside pocket (im sure you saw the pocket but did you see between the buttons) i passed on this thing (dundas/dixie right?) if you had gotten earlier you would have found these
Are we in the same area? Chicago?

jkidd41011

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Frenchy... Frenchy....
worship.gif

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jobro
Cool story bro. It has already made an appearance in the thread, and another separate one.

I have to confess that I always get a little teary-eyed when I get to the 76% off part.

frenchy

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

no,lol dude i saw the exact same jacket,same size same color/pattern today in toronto!!!

pnutpug

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Arghh!!!

What is it with SA, anyway? Out of the blue, they started stapling price tags to leather goods a few months back. Of course, no one in the store could do anything about it. I called all the way to SA HQ in Virginia, trying to find someone who would listen and say, gee, you're right: Stapling Aldens is really stupid, especially for us, and so we'll stop doing that. No one to talk to, no calls returned. They stopped stapling shoes not long ago, but belts and anything else made of leather--CER-THUNNNK!--and ruined. I've learned to live with the stapled Stetsons et al--the holes will, eventually, heal themselves, or close enough.

With GW, you can look up their tax returns, find out who's on the board of directors and make a direct pitch--I've done that before when I've had issues, and it's worked. But SA is considered a ministry under the tax code and so nothing is public.

Excuse the rant. Just glad to have stumbled across this thread. Hope to find something worthy of boasting about soon...

Originally Posted by JMayle
man I thought the local salvation army stapling prices through the collars and lapels was bad
laugh.gif

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Either Frenchy is on vacation or he's got you mixed up with someone else. That super recent Hermes tie, though....
worship.gif

What is up with all this Isaia popping up all of a sudden?? I love the stuff to death and they even sell it here, but I never find it! I mean I found a small catch of MTM suits like 3 or 4 years ago, but that was the first and last that I've seen it. If anyone finds any in a 42-44 R or L - keep me in mind!

frenchy

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nataku
Either Frenchy is on vacation or he's got you mixed up with someone else. That super recent Hermes tie, though....
worship.gif

What is up with all this Isaia popping up all of a sudden?? I love the stuff to death and they even sell it here, but I never find it! I mean I found a small catch of MTM suits like 3 or 4 years ago, but that was the first and last that I've seen it. If anyone finds any in a 42-44 R or L - keep me in mind!

i agree,Isaia is probably the rarest item i have come across with the exception of maybe Tom Ford

matstyleku

Reaction score
Originally Posted by frenchy
no,lol dude i saw the exact same jacket,same size same color/pattern today in toronto!!!
Darn! If we were, I was going to wait you out at one of the stores than stalk you while you go on your run so I'd know all the best spots
wink.gif
' I've never spotted Isaia, that's why I picked it up even though it didn't fit.

csoukoulis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nataku
worship.gif

well what do you know, the 2 i found today are a 42 and a 44! Keeping the cashmere 44 for myself though. Got anything cool to trade?
smile.gif
PM me

frenchy

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Darn! If we were, I was going to wait you out at one of the stores than stalk you while you go on your run so I'd know all the best spots
wink.gif
'

I've never spotted Isaia, that's why I picked it up even though it didn't fit.

you would sputter out after the 6th hour/10th store or so lol (i dont have a a "best" spot,i literally have all of them so something always comes up)

csoukoulis

Reaction score

First Isaia, size 56(46?) so will be up for trade after I get acquainted with it:

im interested when you're ready to trade and i have ALOT to trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads