• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wEstSidE
you've only gone halfway there...

customs is way more complicated than that. so much so that businesses usually outsource that stuff to a customs broker.

the sad thing is that most of the duties are on cheap items. for example some made in china $1 shoes will have an astronomically higher duty (by percentage) than a pair of made in england shell cordovans or whatever MC beast on.

don't get me started on MFN.

that's right. when i said "in a formal entry you do it yourself" what this actually means is that FedEx (or whatever carrier) pays a company to collect the package at the border where it enters the US and fill out all the paperwork on formal entries. Those assholes then charge you a fee for doing this on top of the extra duties. For FedEx its 25 bucks.

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
Diors are here. Everyone says size down but I can just barely button them. Think they'll stretch?

mine are 1 size down. normally a 30 and my 19cms are 29. but mine are not raw. I think you are supposed to size down 2 on raws because they stretch. on non-raws, you size down 1 or not at all; simply depending on whether you prefer the "vanity" look or regular. i wouldn't count on non-raws stretching much.

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sq4you
mine are 1 size down. normally a 30 and my 19cms are 29. but mine are not raw. I think you are supposed to size down 2 on raws because they stretch. on non-raws, you size down 1 or not at all; simply depending on whether you prefer the "vanity" look or regular. i wouldn't count on non-raws stretching much.

I'm a 30 and my Diors are a 28 raw. they got a little loose on me which is why I have the 27s next in line

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oneeightyseven
I'm a 30 and my Diors are a 28 raw. they got a little loose on me which is why I have the 27s next in line

I wear 28s too and they sag a shitload. I wanted to get 27s but they wouldn't fit me in the thigh
frown.gif
I'm a ***** T_T

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Diors are here. Everyone says size down but I can just barely button them. Think they'll stretch?

I'm convinced that anyone recommending someone size down on most non-APC denim has virtually no ass or thighs to speak of. Everyone buying into this idea that you automatically need to size down on ever jean out there has probably spiked the number of "Kramer in denim" incidents dramatically since raw denim became popular in the States.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah APC isn't the only denim that is vanity sized. My sz29 N&F WGs are certainly not fit for someone who is a true 29, even before stretching.

Dairy Phobic

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mike868y
yeah APC isn't the only denim that is vanity sized. My sz29 N&F WGs are certainly not fit for someone who is a true 29, even before stretching.

weird guys are true to size ime, but then again i buy jeans to fit my legs not waist

Desi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Then my signature need not be adjusted. Those things are like unicorns though. Understandably, I mean they were only one season afaik and no one wants to give theirs up.

damn unicorn clothing.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wish I could go back in time and save up all my gilt credits for one major purchases vs. a dozen random crap purchases (that I didn't even care about, just needed to spend credits).

Pretty sure overall I racked up enough so I could've grabbed a TB suit for almost nothing.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Billster
weird guys are true to size ime, but then again i buy jeans to fit my legs not waist

considering jeans are sized based on the waist this makes no sense.

sounds to me like you are buying the wrong cut for your legs.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Billster

I'd have to agree w/ mikey... the first pair of raw denim I ever owned were a pair of weird guys I got on sale. I'm usually a 30 and the 30s, while ok at first, they stretched out enough at the waist (despite always wearing a belt) that they didn't fit anymore. **** even the pair of 29s I later owned were a little loose at the waist after a half dozen wears.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads