• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett and Jones Westbourne Problem

littlewing

Reaction score
hey guys,

I need some input to hy my shoes hurt my back heel. i am currently wearing an UK7.5 size. My previous shoe was a cheap leather shoe where the heel is quite soft and with padding. This was a size UK 8 with quite some room to spare.

The shoes are new and this is the second day i am wearing my CJ's however everytime when i walk my heel is somewhat rubbing against the heel of my shoe.

The heel seems very hard on my CJ's and now I have developed a sore. My foot feels snug in the shoes. Does anyone have this similar problem? What can i do?
eh.gif

thanks in advance.

AlexE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Generally, the sole of a new shoe is still stiff and will only soften as you keep flexing it while walking. This means that at the beginning you heel has to provide for force to bend the shoe and it might get irritated. This will disappear as the shoes are walked in.

Of course the shoe might also simply be the wrong fit for your foot. Not sure which one is the issue in your case. this is something which won't get better.

Is there other than the eel issues which would indicate your shoes being too large or too small?

littlewing

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AlexE
Generally, the sole of a new shoe is still stiff and will only soften as you keep flexing it while walking. This means that at the beginning you heel has to provide for force to bend the shoe and it might get irritated. This will disappear as the shoes are walked in.

Of course the shoe might also simply be the wrong fit for your foot. Not sure which one is the issue in your case. this is something which won't get better.

Is there other than the eel issues which would indicate your shoes being too large or too small?

Icic yeah hopefully when i break I'm my shoes it will get better. I find the sole very stiff which is pulling on my heel. My feet does not slide around in my shoe it's a perfect fit but the front is slight tight at the moment mainly because its the last 348 and the leather should expand slighty. The shoes are definitely not too large. I would say 7.5 is the lowest size I can go.

AlexE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Exchanging them does not seem like an option since you already used them and likely have scratches on the soles. So keep walking around and hopefully it gets better - you can also add some shoe stretch liquid to the heel, which may help making it adjust to your foot quicker.

littlewing

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AlexE
Exchanging them does not seem like an option since you already used them and likely have scratches on the soles. So keep walking around and hopefully it gets better - you can also add some shoe stretch liquid to the heel, which may help making it adjust to your foot quicker.

Yeah haha ... Man I would be so sad if it would still hurt my heel. Spend so much on this shoe. Thanks for the input man

gamblor

Reaction score
Some people claim shoes that fit should be fully comfortable from the start. This has never happened to me.

I am breaking in a pair of C&J right now and get hurt in the heel every time. Just moleskin hot spots as they emerge until you get no more.

littlewing

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gamblor
Some people claim shoes that fit should be fully comfortable from the start. This has never happened to me.

I am breaking in a pair of C&J right now and get hurt in the heel every time. Just moleskin hot spots as they emerge until you get no more.

oh... are u having the same problem with the back heel? how well does your shoes fit you?

littlewing

Reaction score
My shoes fit perfectly now ... Just needed to break them in... Now it's sort of moulded to my feet .. Love them!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads