• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

pfurey

Reaction score
so many options for taller guys though. it's honestly hard to find a shirt I can wear untucked as I'm only 5'8".

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've found w+h oxfords to be comparable to boo lengthwise.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
very few options for tall guys with big necks shoulders but a narrow waste. boo has the perfect shoulder/chest/neck measurement, an awesome taper.. if only it was like a LITTLE longer.

epaulet is good. so is H&M for dress shirts.

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How is BoO compared to Gitman?

I've been going back and forth on BoO/Gitman/W+H for shirts/oxfords.

I'm not tall (5'7")and have a athletic build. Is BoO an option? I heard it's more for the skinny build; ie. slim tapered and high arm holes.

I'm liking the measurements on a Gitman M, but don't know if it'll be too long untucked.

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rs5088
IMG_3516-2.jpg

hopefully they fit

2ia7qsh.jpg

Good stuff, what are the boots?

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got this at the Co-Op in South Beach. Also ordered a pair of Lanvins from the Neiman Marcus in Bal Harbour while I was there... had them shipped up to me since I had no space in my bags. also, some Task Essential face wash. (note: I hate linking to stores for pics of clothes, but the shirt is wrinkled, I don't have an iron on hand and I couldn't find a picture elsewhere. My apologies)

mellowfellow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jslade
Picture2.png
Just bought this - brand new with tag - off of B&S. Any comment on the quality of BoO outerwear? Have never really handled any in person before...

What size did you get? I sold mine earlier this week, sz 1.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Krish the Fish
also, some Task Essential face wash.

This is excellent, been using since 05 and far better than m+g or similar. I'm on my third tube in 5 years, lasts forever too.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snake
I've found w+h oxfords to be comparable to boo lengthwise.

Baron-Wells shirts also fit slim + short. Similar dimensions to BoO but slightly less slim overall, as well as less tapered- which I like as it makes them pair with shorts and chinos better (the high cut side hems on BoO shirts tends to make your hips stick out when you wear them with untucked with non-jean cut pants and shorts)

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
wtf? do you wash your face like once a month? I just re-upped on two tubes of face wash, I go through it faster than toothpaste.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dbear
How is BoO compared to Gitman? I've been going back and forth on BoO/Gitman/W+H for shirts/oxfords. I'm not tall (5'7")and have a athletic build. Is BoO an option? I heard it's more for the skinny build; ie. slim tapered and high arm holes. I'm liking the measurements on a Gitman M, but don't know if it'll be too long untucked.
Gitman is longer, tighter collar, and doesn't have back darts like BoO. I find you don't really have to be super-skinny to wear BoO... yeah if you have a Kunk-like build it's probably not going to work, but it'll generally work for fit people as long as they aren't super jacked... also wtf does "athletic build" even mean... has to be one of the most useless descriptive terms ever- it doesn't really give you any idea of a person's build, yet people use it constantly on here. There are many different kinds of athletes which will have wildly different body types/shapes

pfurey

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Meis
Baron-Wells shirts also fit slim + short. Similar dimensions to BoO but slightly less slim overall, as well as less tapered- which I like as it makes them pair with shorts and chinos better (the high cut side hems on BoO shirts tends to make your hips stick out when you wear them with untucked with non-jean cut pants and shorts)

baron wells is good. my favorite shirts are either boo, baron wells, or shipley. baron's buttons tend to fall off like a motherfucker, being used to boo's buttons, it's cool. learn2sew and you're fine.

just got these. hope they fit.
W3rK0.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads