• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone here knows the answer?

Originally Posted by CDFS
A Slava

fd2e790c.jpg

27082866.jpg

Anyone know where I can get a similarily shaped band, but made of leather? I'm getting used to the SW form factor.

Watch: 35*41 mm
Band: 18 mm

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone here knows the answer?

A Slava

27082866.jpg

Anyone know where I can get a similarily shaped band, but made of leather? I'm getting used to the SW form factor.
Watch: 35*41 mm
Band: 18 mm

That looks like a Bund (German military) watch strap. I'm pretty sure the one pictured above is of leather.

Bund straps are readily available. Here is one source, but you can google for others.

This one is in black buffalo leather.

iwbundblackbuff.jpg

Pieceofsand

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

tshaw

Reaction score
bGJ0F.jpg

John, Love the watch!! I can see you wearing that!
bigstar[1].gif

BTW, gents - I'm looking for an old fashioned, 14K gold daily wide-up watch, preferably with a dark-colored face, but not necessary. Would prefer square body, if posssible, without breaking the bank..Any ideas???
laugh.gif

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by venessian
That looks like a Bund (German military) watch strap. I'm pretty sure the one pictured above is of leather.

Bund straps are readily available. Here is one source, but you can google for others.

This one is in black buffalo leather.

iwbundblackbuff.jpg

Excellent! Now I've a name with which to search. Thank you!
smile.gif

Lord Asquith

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SirGrotius
Since I'm poor and only own an Omega, I figure I better have the right one!

I have the opportunity to trade my SMP for a PO. If I do this I'd need to add some money (don't know about 1K) to sweeten the deal. What do you think of these two beasts?

Right now I have the Seamaster Pro:

2123041200100220.png

I could have the Planet Ocean instead (would need to add 1K):

2201510020.png

Which would you recommend? (For the watch snobs, they're both the same co-axial movement, although the PO is 42mm and the SMP 41mm.)

My attire is fancy, slim fit dress shirts and pants. I wear a suit every few weeks but not every day. I'm early thirties going on 17, and on weekends am more likely to be found wearing a nice polo and diesel jeans.

Thanks in advance my esteemed SF members!

Try a Timex
http://www.timex.com/Timex-Easy-Read...Rank=salesrank

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 7_rocket
Here is my Fossil.
IMG_0068.jpg

Thanks but I'll keep it.
biggrin.gif

Hate to say it, but that watch looks comically too big on your wrist. It looks like an 8 year old kid wearing his father's watch. Looking at your wrists, I'd either get something in the 38-40mm range at most or start working out and getting some bigger arms.

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Metlin
Hate to say it, but that watch looks comically too big on your wrist. It looks like an 8 year old kid wearing his father's watch.

Looking at your wrists, I'd either get something in the 38-40mm range at most or start working out and getting some bigger arms.

+1

The look/style of watch is not to my taste, but to each their own of course. However, it does look too large for your wrist, as Metlin says.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheWraith
+1 The look/style of watch is not to my taste, but to each their own of course. However, it does look too large for your wrist, as Metlin says.
Yes I agree it is too big. In person it's not actually that large, I believe the marco picture is making it look that way. Thanks for the opinions

cioni2k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes I agree it is too big. In person it's not actually that large, I believe the marco picture is making it look that way. Thanks for the opinions

Pretty sure the fact that it's too big is making it look too big

bingebag

Reaction score
P12184368.jpg
$216 on Overstock I can throw this on with just about anything and it blends to the occasion.

bwp

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TRA8324
I didn't think you could get a sapphire crystal in a watch for less than $500.

Sapphire crystals can be had for $30 or less.

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Originally Posted by cioni2k
Pretty sure the fact that it's too big is making it look too big

Do these jeans make ****** look big? No, sweetheart. Your ass makes your ass look big.

fat-ass.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads