• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaymanS

Reaction score
Originally Posted by acridsheep
Today IS better, but that tie made me punch my toddler. I don't like punching babies, generally. Also, consider a two button suit - I don't think three button suits are your bag. Finally, you may want to take some fullness/length out of your trousers, but it could just be the pose.

laugh.gif

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Thanks guys - FWIW, the tie is purple, not burgundy - but I see what PSG is saying. I liked the fit, but I think there was something that lacked harmony to tie it all together. Cant put my finger on it.

And that is what color theory is all about. There are colors and shades of colors that just "work" and some that never will look right. When you stick to what works (color theory) there is a harmony and balance to your appearance.

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by spoozy
Anyway, earliest FRIDAY CONTEST ENTRY EVA (won´t be able to post from thursday on, so i thought getting it in early is legit...and for all the others who wanna compete: eat this!
boxing[1].gif
fight[1].gif
lol8[1].gif
):
5572076482_d56b9be29c_z.jpg

That's a very colorful gauntlet you've thrown down, Spooz-meister. My entry was going to be much more muted than that, but now I see I may have to kick it up a notch ... or ten.

Chrispy_Bear

Reaction score
Since I spend an inordinate amount of time here getting tips from the outfits you guys put together, I figured I might as well put myself into the mix! I'm on quite a low budget, but I'm gradually building a wardrobe.

DSC_0473.jpg
DSC_0475.jpg
DSC_0496.jpg

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chrispy_Bear
DSC_0473.jpg

I most definitely like the shirt/tie/jacket combo, but I'm not a fan of the jacket's tiny lapels, the PS in general, and your "I've got a go pee-pee" pose. And welcome, by the way. It's good that you've decided to start posting. Improvement comes a lot faster that way.

Chrispy_Bear

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Threadbearer
I most definitely like the shirt/tie/jacket combo, but I'm not a fan of the jacket's tiny lapels, the PS in general, and your "I've got a go pee-pee" pose. And welcome, by the way. It's good that you've decided to start posting. Improvement comes a lot faster that way.
I really need to perfect the stance. I see the crotch cupping look isn't going to carry me forward. Not very sechsy
inlove.gif
It's more 'fashionable' than a classically tailored jacket which I think is where the slim lapels come from, it just seems to fit quite well and I like the colour. The pocket square is having its first outing, since I only have 5 pocket squares my options were perilously limited!

Orgetorix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chrispy, Get yourself a white linen square if you don't already have one. Until then, remember that no square is better than a bad or clashing square. And, honestly, I don't think that striped jacket works with contrasting trousers. It should be part of a suit, IMO, or not worn at all. The shirt and tie are nice, though. Oh, and the contrasting sleeve buttonhole:
facepalm.gif

Chrispy_Bear

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Orgetorix
Chrispy,

Get yourself a white linen square if you don't already have one.

Until then, remember that no square is better than a bad or clashing square.

And, honestly, I don't think that striped jacket works with contrasting trousers. It should be part of a suit, IMO, or not worn at all.

The shirt and tie are nice, though.

Oh, and the contrasting sleeve buttonhole:
facepalm.gif

I have white! Thanks Orgetorix. TBH, I ordinarily wear the jacket with jeans in a more relaxed setting as I think the jacket is primarily designed for that sort of thing. Not a lot I can do about the buttonhole though
facepalm.gif
The felt under the collar is red to match too
blush.gif

I get a lot of wear out of the tie (is an odd wool, alpaca and mohair mix) and the new shirt is already one of my favourites.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
676a1d3a.jpg

Many thanks to Holdfast for this Paisley tie. :thumbsup:

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman
676a1d3a.jpg

Many thanks to Holdfast for this Paisley tie. :thumbsup:

You wear it a lot better than I ever could.
biggrin.gif

(neat suit too, though you'll get criticism for wearing a belt rather than braces with it. Deets?)

Navi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
A new suit. It needed special work. I am not 100% thrilled, but compared to the before, I can live with it. Of course, in real life...the little things are much less evident than in the stark contrast of a high resolution digital picture. Oh, I left my pumpkin in today since it was suggested that cropping my head was possibly exarcerbating the perception that I am "boxy" over on the cool kids thread.
lol8[1].gif
Have a great Tuesday, Mike
NewSP-1.JPG

Wow. I always pictured you to look VERY different.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
But that is a sweet suit man! Sick look! What tie is that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics