• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast

FFzU9.jpg

i am intrigued ...

FULL SHOT
FULL SHOT
FULL SHOT!!!

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
I have to see a full length of this suit!
Originally Posted by Parker
Wow, that's some suit HF.
Originally Posted by niidawg3
i am intrigued ... FULL SHOT FULL SHOT FULL SHOT!!!
Originally Posted by NOBD
Wowza.
NOBD-approved colours, even!
teacha.gif
wink.gif
I just ordered a black grenadine from Drakes since I really found myself wishing for one this am while I was trying to choose a tie. Hopefully it'll arrive in time to wear with this suit again later this week, and I'll get a full-length shot then. If not, I'll definitely wear it again next week. I want to get a few wears in before it becomes too warm for the flannel (mid/late April onwards here, usually). I reckon the auto-focus didn't know what part of the pattern to lock on to...
laugh.gif

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A black knit would also work well. As would a black Panta cashmere.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TRINI
A black knit would also work well. As would a black Panta cashmere.
Grr... stop making me think about spending more money...! Heretical as it sounds, I'm not a massive fan of knits. If I want texture, I tend to prefer a grenadine weave instead (although I actually have roughly the same number of each). I know there's not a massive difference in appearance sometimes, but the feel is really different; the grenadine is "soft", whereas knits are "crispy". Cashmere, on the other hand, sounds like a divine option. The only issue I have with Panta ties, and the reason Drakes is my go-to instead is that the last time I looked, the lengths are fairly long (59", or something like that) and given I need to double-FIH normal 57/58" ties anyway, the length is just too much. With a cashmere tie, especially, the knot would become bulky on me.

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A new suit. It needed special work. I am not 100% thrilled, but compared to the before, I can live with it. Of course, in real life...the little things are much less evident than in the stark contrast of a high resolution digital picture.

Oh, I left my pumpkin in today since it was suggested that cropping my head was possibly exarcerbating the perception that I am "boxy" over on the cool kids thread.
lol8[1].gif

Have a great Tuesday,

Mike

NewSP-1.JPG

Is that your Make Opposing Council Wet Their Pants Because My Power Suit Will Kick Your Ass ensemble?

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Threadbearer
Those two things aren't necessarily related, ace.
teacha.gif

(Just bustin' yer chops, bro. You're one of my faves.)

oh God ... everything Acecow said was accurate and i believe in good faith.

take the advice and stop being a d.ick!!!

To be clear, I do appreciate the critique. I've also PM'd ace and he has been even more helpful. I appreciate that as well. I wouldn't be posting if I did not genuinely want to learn. Hopefully today is better.

23r1t1e.jpg

23h3xj7.jpg

205tkq9.jpg

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Spring is here. Cotton and linen are back.

prkr329a.jpg

prkr329c.jpg

acridsheep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
NewSP-1.JPG
NewSP-2.JPG
NewSP-3.JPG

Money. You look as acrid as I do.
Originally Posted by Orgetorix
DSCF7488.jpg
DSCF7489.jpg
[/SPOILER]

Nice look today. I'm undecided on the shirt, but things look positive.
81168903.jpg
[/SPOILER]

Love the buttons on the SC.
Originally Posted by Holdfast
FFzU9.jpg
I need to get a black grenadine. It was either this tie or a black satin, which was too nocturnal a vibe.
As others have said, more is needed.
lurker[1].gif
Originally Posted by mktitsworth
To be clear, I do appreciate the critique. I've also PM'd ace and he has been even more helpful. I appreciate that as well. I wouldn't be posting if I did not genuinely want to learn. Hopefully today is better.
23r1t1e.jpg
23h3xj7.jpg
205tkq9.jpg
Today IS better, but that tie made me punch my toddler. I don't like punching babies, generally. Also, consider a two button suit - I don't think three button suits are your bag. Finally, you may want to take some fullness/length out of your trousers, but it could just be the pose.

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
23r1t1e.jpg
23h3xj7.jpg
205tkq9.jpg

Getting a haircut and especially shaving off that goattee will do wonders for your look. You seem to be of average height, maybe on the short side. 3 button jackets with high button stance and super long jackets exacerbate your shortness. The jacket looks to have a nice lapel roll, but it's not for you. Go for 2 button jackets with a lower button stance and a short overall length. Also, those socks don't work at all. Stick with plain dark grey socks for the time being. No comment on that tie. I see that you're trying and that's good, but tame it down.

spoozy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tshaw

Really appreciating your words, tshaw!
worship.gif

Originally Posted by SpooPoker

Hahaha, are you seriously dtoing me, Spoomeister
biggrin.gif
lol8[1].gif
inlove.gif
bounce2.gif

Anyway, earliest FRIDAY CONTEST ENTRY EVA (won´t be able to post from thursday on, so i thought getting it in early is legit...and for all the others who wanna compete: eat this!
boxing[1].gif
fight[1].gif
lol8[1].gif
):

Black shoes - red socks - grey pants - red shirt - green tie - blue blazer - yellow ps

5571487591_1d4ae91b36_z.jpg
5572076482_d56b9be29c_z.jpg
5571485655_44b6194ffd_z.jpg
5571482945_772ece1fb9_z.jpg
5572072128_dff55337b3_z.jpg

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh, I left my pumpkin in today since it was suggested that cropping my head was possibly exarcerbating the perception that I am "boxy" over on the cool kids thread.
lol8[1].gif

The cool kids were right, Mike. Having your melon in the pic makes a big difference -- and I mean that in a good way.
fing02[1].gif

FULL SHOT
FULL SHOT
FULL SHOT!!!

+1 Don't be a tease, HF.

23r1t1e.jpg

You'd better put on sugarbutch's stormtrooper helmet, son, 'cause you're about to be seriously roughed up over that tie.

acridsheep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by spoozy

Anyway, earliest FRIDAY CONTEST ENTRY EVA (won´t be able to post from thursday on, so i thought getting it in early is legit...and for all the others who wanna compete: eat this!
boxing[1].gif
fight[1].gif
lol8[1].gif
):

Black shoes - red socks - grey pants - red shirt - green tie - blue blazer - yellow ps

5571487591_1d4ae91b36_z.jpg
5572076482_d56b9be29c_z.jpg
5571485655_44b6194ffd_z.jpg
5571482945_772ece1fb9_z.jpg
5572072128_dff55337b3_z.jpg

Ha ha ha, what will be a stretch for most others is actually frikkin' conservative business dress for Spoozy. Well played, sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads