• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pure Blue Japan (Denim) - Official Thread

Oj in Compton

Reaction score
I recently bought a pair of raw 007's in a size 30. Having some trouble with shrinking them and kind of wish I had bought the one wash like my other jeans, but the store didn't carry them. Any help would be appreciated.

After 2 30-40 minute hot soaks in roughly 110-120 degree farenheit water, they still haven't shrunk to the one wash sizes on BiG's site and while the thighs are close to the size of the o/w 30, the knee to leg opening on the left leg of the jeans is bigger than the right leg. Main concern is that the inseam is still an inch longer on both legs than BiG's measurements, and I plan on getting these hemmed so it'd suck to have them shrink an inch after a soak a few months down the line.

I'd like to get all the shrinking out of the way before putting wear on these and I'm a little confused that they still haven't shrunk all the way down, so what would be the best way to do this taking into consideration what they've already been through?

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Oj in Compton
I recently bought a pair of raw 007's in a size 30. Having some trouble with shrinking them and kind of wish I had bought the one wash like my other jeans, but the store didn't carry them. Any help would be appreciated.

After 2 30-40 minute hot soaks in roughly 110-120 degree farenheit water, they still haven't shrunk to the one wash sizes on BiG's site and while the thighs are close to the size of the o/w 30, the knee to leg opening on the left leg of the jeans is bigger than the right leg. Main concern is that the inseam is still an inch longer on both legs than BiG's measurements, and I plan on getting these hemmed so it'd suck to have them shrink an inch after a soak a few months down the line.

I'd like to get all the shrinking out of the way before putting wear on these and I'm a little confused that they still haven't shrunk all the way down, so what would be the best way to do this taking into consideration what they've already been through?

I'd give then an actual agitated wash, and maybe even a tumble dry for them to go all the way down. I've had mine for almost three months, having pre-soaked and all. Not until they went in the wash did they go all the way down. Make sure and turn them inside-out for minimal indigo loss

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hate to admit it, after all the flack I've given "I've got big thighs" people that pop up here -

My 007s just aren't fitting the same with my current workout regimen. Waist continues to go down, but my thighs are bulking up to the point that it's going to stretch the crotch unduly until it blows out.
ffffuuuu.gif

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by El Argentino
Hate to admit it, after all the flack I've given "I've got big thighs" people that pop up here -

My 007s just aren't fitting the same with my current workout regimen. Waist continues to go down, but my thighs are bulking up to the point that it's going to stretch the crotch unduly until it blows out.
ffffuuuu.gif

sell them to me. you have a size 33 right?

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Correct - actually just sent you a pm...

wahwho11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want to say, stay TTS on pbj's if you have big/above average thighs, i had to sell mine too...

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wahwho11
I want to say, stay TTS on pbj's if you have big/above average thighs, i had to sell mine too...
Yeah, they'd actually been absolutely perfect before I started focusing on legs over the last few months. If not for that I wouldn't be posting... And I'd honestly take the added weight loss and lower BMI than slim straight jeans, if it comes down to it.

afc345

Reaction score
Picking my 007s up from the tailor tomorrow, couldn't live with the bootcut feeling anymore.

ysb

Reaction score
Originally Posted by El Argentino

ffffuuuu.gif

Originally Posted by whatever123
sell them to me. you have a size 33 right?

standing by in the waiting area in case this deal didn't go through.
smile.gif

dawei94

Reaction score
You could always get the 009s and have the lower leg tapered. I was going to do that, but then SE had a sale and i picked up the SG1101's (planning on having those tapered from the lower leg)

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dawei94
You could always get the 009s and have the lower leg tapered. I was going to do that, but then SE had a sale and i picked up the SG1101's (planning on having those tapered from the lower leg)
i havent looked ... does big have any pbj on their 25% off sale?

dawei94

Reaction score
Yeah i know they are but its not on everything like SE's sale and the pbj's aren't included. Only one I would consider in the sale section are the Oni's, and that denim is supposed to be pretty similar to the SG's, plus i'd have to get hte Oni's tapered too to get the fit i'd like, so i'm just going to stick with the SG's. I was going to pick up one of the BR sweats, but BiG is sold out and SE online store said there was one left but was actually sold out as well.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Yeah i know they are but its not on everything like SE's sale and the pbj's aren't included. Only one I would consider in the sale section are the Oni's, and that denim is supposed to be pretty similar to the SG's, plus i'd have to get hte Oni's tapered too to get the fit i'd like, so i'm just going to stick with the SG's. I was going to pick up one of the BR sweats, but BiG is sold out and SE online store said there was one left but was actually sold out as well.

whats a sg?

yeah, oni's have a little more of a relaxed fit, but they have a really nice front and back rise. oni denim is unlike anything i have ever had. i miss my pair.

dawei94

Reaction score
strike golds sg1101, cut is pretty similar, denim is supposed to be too, couple other cool details on them that i like
plus i just checked, the Oni's are sold out too and the other 14oz one is sold out in my size

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
strike golds sg1101, cut is pretty similar, denim is supposed to be too, couple other cool details on them that i like
plus i just checked, the Oni's are sold out too and the other 14oz one is sold out in my size

the pocket design on the strike gold is not even fun at all.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads