• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A new suit. It needed special work. I am not 100% thrilled, but compared to the before, I can live with it. Of course, in real life...the little things are much less evident than in the stark contrast of a high resolution digital picture.

Oh, I left my pumpkin in today since it was suggested that cropping my head was possibly exarcerbating the perception that I am "boxy" over on the cool kids thread.
lol8[1].gif

Have a great Tuesday,

Mike

NewSP-1.JPG

NewSP-2.JPG

NewSP-3.JPG

Edgar Allan Pwn

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
Oh, I left my pumpkin in today since it was suggested that cropping my head was possibly exarcerbating the perception that I am "boxy" over on the cool kids thread.
lol8[1].gif

NewSP-1.JPG

Everything makes so much more sense now!

(great suit)

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Edgar Allan Pwn
Everything makes so much more sense now!

(great suit)

Yeah, I have a big head. I should have been on TV.
lol8[1].gif

Thanks.

Originally Posted by Orgetorix
Is that the one you got shortened, Mike? If so, it looks good. Quarters didn't get messed up at all, that I can see.

No, I had the blue Attolini and the charcoal SP DB shortened. This one I had to have to waist nipped a little (it is a drop 4 and I was swimming in it) and it had the worst case of shoulder divots I have ever experienced. They were like shelves. I had my tailor slip a very thin pad into the sleevehead to push them out. You can see the outline of it on the right shoulder. In normal light, it is barely visible. It was unwearable before, so I am just going to deal with it. The fabric is extremely light, so it shows everything.

I like the bowtie today with the dark charcoal flannel. Nice contrast.

Originally Posted by niidawg3
telepathy or group think?

81168903.jpg

more on the dark side ...

Nice.

Edgar Allan Pwn

Reaction score
Yeah, I have a big head. I should have been on TV.
lol8[1].gif

Thanks.

Nah, it would be big if you were 5-foot-nothing and 120 lbs. I definitely get a much better sense of your overall proportions now. It makes everything look a lot better.

Fred H.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Phat Guido
- MASSIVE RESPECT! I love starting the day with a good laugh..

Glad your were glad, PG. You have tremendous taste and style.

exhaze

Reaction score
lol8[1].gif

I have to say, I totally agree with them, it's made a world of difference in making your shots look more proportional. On the topic of proportion, I think the scale of the tie pattern is too similar to the suit and makes the whole ensemble look too busy. A tie with a different pattern scale, or even a solid would look better.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CaymanS
Super duper on pointe.
+1 nice stuff CN.
A new suit.
Seems to have come out of surgery OK! Narrower bold stripes are tricky to wear; I'm not sure about that tie's smallish scale pattern with it. Perhaps a wider stripe for the tie, or a solid. I like the colours though and it's pretty good all round. New suit for me too, but I took one of the worst full-length shots I have in a LONG time. Totally out of focus and I only realised after uploading the pic this evening, so too late to take a fresh snap. Typical.
laugh.gif
You'll have to settle for the close-up "teaser" only.
FFzU9.jpg
I need to get a black grenadine. It was either this tie or a black satin, which was too nocturnal a vibe.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
a2af9969.jpg

30c70b06.jpg

Wow, Rob, these are "conservative business dress WAYWRN" thread approved pics!
lol8[1].gif

Mike

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Edgar Allan Pwn
Nah, it would be big if you were 5-foot-nothing and 120 lbs. I definitely get a much better sense of your overall proportions now. It makes everything look a lot better.

Yeah, I am most definitely not 120 pounds.
lol8[1].gif

Originally Posted by exhaze
I have to say, I totally agree with them, it's made a world of difference in making your shots look more proportional. On the topic of proportion, I think the scale of the tie pattern is too similar to the suit and makes the whole ensemble look too busy. A tie with a different pattern scale, or even a solid would look better.

Maybe on the tie...I wore a solid yesterday so I didn't want to wear one today.

Originally Posted by Holdfast

Seems to have come out of surgery OK! Narrower bold stripes are tricky to wear; I'm not sure about that tie's smallish scale pattern with it. Perhaps a wider stripe for the tie, or a solid. I like the colours though and it's pretty good all round.

New suit for me too, but I took one of the worst full-length shots I have in a LONG time. Totally out of focus and I only realised after uploading the pic this evening, so too late to take a fresh snap. Typical.
laugh.gif

You'll have to settle for the close-up "teaser" only.

FFzU9.jpg

I need to get a black grenadine. It was either this tie or a black satin, which was too nocturnal a vibe.

Yeah, see above. I thought about a bolder stripe, I wore a solid yesterday.

I have to see a full length of this suit!

Mike

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Wow, that's some suit HF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics