• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nicelynice
for the new balance haters, stolen from sufu

5569407267_02ff21e1f6_o.jpg

Originally Posted by aeglus
would look better with different shoes
Originally Posted by Eason
Yup.
Originally Posted by Knisse
100 percent agree

Exactly, someone explain how the NBs are elevating this fit. Not seeing it.

NBs are for function not style. I wore my NBs Friday night to watch soccer in the rain (0). I still had my diors on from earlier in the day, so I looked like a complete jackass.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
you know that i lived outside of dc (arlington) for 4 years, right? i worked for mauro. and the reason i know you are from dc is because we both post in the dc shopping thread

lol8[1].gif
SF needs a bizarro DC meet-up. There are enough potentially conflicting e-personalities here that it would be hilarious to get them all together at the same bar. Hell, just get sq, lane, Teger, and slack tide at the same meet-up and it'd be enough to get me to come down.

Originally Posted by Teger
the funniest part to me is that despite lane thinking that richmond is 'bumfuck va' he'd probably love this city more than any other place he's ever been

I hate Richmond because bands I want to see occasionally play there but bypass DC and Philly.

Also, I enjoyed A Portrait of the Artist a Young Man. Some entry-level Joyce.

kwoyeu

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty
ndc on gilt tomororw. will kop black side-zips if in my size. What is the equivalent of a US7.5?

i wear a 40 in CP but should probably have sized down from my NDC 41, fwiw

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So you'd say a 40 then or a 39? (Fingers crossed that those sizes are available)

kwoyeu

Reaction score
39 would be too tight I think (I believe I'm the same size as you). I tried on 4-5 pairs of NDCs before and 40s always fit me the best. If I kop anything tomorrow it will be a 40.

found a case of ndc fitting a size large buyer has to resurrect a sales thread to sell them

but maybe it depends...

I wonder what other people's experience is w/ ndc sizing..

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of Joyce, has anyone else read The Left Bank Gang? I loved that comic so much.

Originally Posted by DLester
Exactly, someone explain how the NBs are elevating this fit. Not seeing it.

They aren't elevating it, but they look good and "of a piece" with the rest of it. The nice thing about fashion is that this guy can go put on different clothes tomorrow, he doesn't have to wear all the "best" pieces every day. That would be boring. He's experimenting, and pulling it off to my eyes.

bows1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
I mentioned this recently; I still never know if Scott.m is just ******* with us or actually serious because it seems to me post 1 never happened for the first ~year he was on here. He has either acquired a real life persona that has translated to the interweb or acquired a new interweb persona. Or hell I don't know maybe he was just being shy originally. It's not a bad thing I just always read his posts like he's being facetious or ironic.

As Scott.m's roommate I can say with full knowledge that he does say swag, yell woop, like to cook (both the dance and actual food), and that you should read his posts not as ironic but as fully truthful with the volume at 11. <3

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bows1
As Scott.m's roommate I can say with full knowledge that he does say swag, yell woop, like to cook (both the dance and actual food), and that you should read his posts not as ironic but as fully truthful with the volume at 11. <3

Love you, babe.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've owned two pairs of NDC, derbies fit a full size large and side zips fit over a full size large. This was one of the more elongated lasts though.

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scott.m
After wearing SZ brands and discussing fashion to the point of disgusting and annoying over analysis. I don't feel the need to over-complicate an outfit, if something is dope, it's dope.
This, a million times this. Can barely stand iAnalysis discussions any more. Would rather talk about dopeness or swag any day of the week, and I don't even use those words (I think). This convo is ******* dumb. jesusswagfuckingchrist

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AndrewRyanWallace
Hey Fuumski, I'm writing my thesis proposal right now. Without getting into a lot of detail, I was curious if you are familiar with much philosophy specifically concerning "hearing"(given that there is quite a lot concerned with feeling or seeing or touching etc). The only thing I know of is John Cage. I could probably find some non-western stuff.
Can't think of anything outside zen at the moment and that stuff requires a lot of background and change in perspective, I dipped my toes a few times and it wasn't exactly easy. You have to understand that starting with Plato (think cavern) western philosophy has been mainly concerned with "seeing" and "the gaze". This is an off the cuff answer so I'll check. There is a wide range of writing about music w. the usual suspects though plato, aristote, Kant Schopenhauer, Nietzsche but also Deleuze on movies etc. Still seeing and spatiality reigns supreme (Deleuze being by far the most interesting on this IMHO). Check of this has been translated: http://www.amazon.fr/Lou%C3%AFe-Scho...1420838&sr=8-1

DeadDJ

Reaction score
Received the Undercover knit sleeve perfecto in the mail. Grail obtained. I had a second to try it on before running back to work.

Probably doesn't fit.
ffffuuuu.gif
baldy[1].gif
frown.gif

Hopefully it was just a quick assessment and it looked awkward with the work stuff I had on but it's unlikely. ******* hell.

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
get the flying **** out. Whats wrong with it?

A Fellow Linguist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
Can't think of anything outside zen at the moment and that stuff requires a lot of background and change in perspective, I dipped my toes a few times and it wasn't exactly easy.

You have to understand that starting with Plato (think cavern) western philosophy has been mainly concerned with "seeing" and "the gaze". This is an off the cuff answer so I'll check.

There is a wide range of writing about music w. the usual suspects though plato, aristote, Kant Schopenhauer, Nietzsche but also Deleuze on movies etc. Still seeing and spatiality reigns supreme (Deleuze being by far the most interesting on this IMHO).

Check of this has been translated:
http://www.amazon.fr/Lou%C3%AFe-Scho...1420838&sr=8-1

@ARW: I dunno if I can help much, but if you're looking for stuff on perception other than what Fuumski has mentioned here maybe look at Merleau-Ponty or something. For more psych-oriented view of perception James Gibson has some really neat ****, but that might be less useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads