• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My buddy got me tickets to the wrong mountain goats show (they're playing two nights in NYC) and we didn't realize until we got to the venue I was about to just shell out for last night's show, but then some dude came in who was on the guest list who wasn't using his +1. And I still have my ticket for tonight. 2 mountain 2 goats. SWAG.

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
my issue with jkissi is just how ******* poorly written the articles on the site are.

Originally Posted by about11oclock
QFFT. The line that's like "How we express ourselves in the urban environment that is New York City.." always gets me.

lol8[1].gif
so true. the writing is cringeworthy. It's like a kid that overhears an adult conversation and then repeats it back later but all convoluted. trying too hard to be eloquent.

"With several historic outdoor brands returning to relevancy in the fashion world, shoes featuring a crepe sole have also seen a rise in popularity. The great insulation the crepe sole provides is what makes them so special. Soldiers based in North Africa during WWII wore crepe sole boots as a means for additional protection from the climate. The comfort and light sound the crepe sole creates help separate them from other soles."

I didn't know crepe soles made your feet warmer.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Magician
I've seriously toyed with the idea. Both my brother and close friend from back in the day are in the New England area and that's my favorite kind of weather generally. I may try and get at you on facebook re: the geographical and existential crises of a humanities major.
lol. sure thing

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wEstSidE
ay man bucket hats are dope. i'm still looking for the right one. bucket hats only if u hustle doe

I would very much like to see a good (and non-hypebeast-y) bucket hat WAYWT. All you, boss.

Originally Posted by g transistor
Also anyone have any leads as to where I can get these in a UK9 or US10? Or would a UK8 fit a US10? Saw these in B&S but they're a size too small; I had just forgotten that these existed until I saw them again
frown.gif

http://www.present-london.com/tricke...-brogue-boots/

Not crazy about the crepe sole (in spite of the Street Etiquette write-up), but damn, why do Trickers (and seemingly all English country boots like that) gotta be so damn wide?
ffffuuuu.gif

Originally Posted by aeglus
would look better with different shoes

+ a bajillion. Great photo, great fit, shoes almost ruin it.

Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty
My buddy got me tickets to the wrong mountain goats show (they're playing two nights in NYC) and we didn't realize until we got to the venue I was about to just shell out for last night's show, but then some dude came in who was on the guest list who wasn't using his +1. And I still have my ticket for tonight. 2 mountain 2 goats. SWAG.

I didn't even realize they're touring! Good thing people in Philly have awful taste in music so there are still tickets available.
smile.gif

Sir, I am in your debt.
worship.gif

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Makeshift_Robot
+ a million Im lovin on you you aint hearin that from any source Dancin with you kinda feel like we havin intercourse
have to post it now. juvenile gone soft. just a sweet love song about a guy who sees a bunch of hos at bars who want him but he only has eye for one girl
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
i wonder if id like you irl scott m. on one hand you're short, but on the other hand you seem somewhat fun. but in kind of an annoying i just turned 21 way.

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
have to post it now. juvenile gone soft. just a sweet love song about a guy who sees a bunch of hos at bars who want him but he only has eye for one girl

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

nobody has ever gone softer than mase

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by g transistor
Local mcdonalds was selling 50 chicken nuggets for $9.99 Best purchase of my life, and highly considering selling my rafstros + mmm hi's to kop 10,000 mcnuggets (0)
lol8[1].gif
I actually copped the 20 pack saturday night on our way to the bar (0) and they were delicious (0).
Originally Posted by wEstSidE
not that long ago wendy's sold 5 nuggets for $1. and that wasn't a deal or nothing that was all day everyday
I think they still have it, my girl loved those chicken stars.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
wow teger. what's with the out of nowhere personal insults lately

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
Originally Posted by indesertum

he's like Sauron; his end goal is to crush The Shire.
swag **** swag **** swag **** swag ****.

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by indesertum

how is it out of nowhere or a personal insult

scottm has two types of posts:

post 1:

talks about swag/how swaggy an item he's gonna kop is/how much swag he has

post 2:

anecdote about his life

some of the anecdotes seem cool. but he's also 21, and 21 year olds are annoying.

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
sq4u i learned today that im a hick from bumfuck virginia. what's it like in the big city of dc? i've never been there.. one day.. i hope. how do you deal with the bright lights and people? welp, back to my tractor.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
you basically called him a short annoying middle 20s person who acts like he just turned 21

i dont see how that's not an insult

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads