• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

To Join SF or to Not Join SF??

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas
there is no way in ******* hell i would let anyone know i come on here.

This is such a silly response. If you're that embarrassed about being on here, or think that being on here could potentially be embarrassing, why are you here in the first place?
SF is great. I've learned a ton of stuff off here, met a lot of great people, and enjoy most of the time I spend on the site. I don't know why I'd be so worried about someone finding out that I'm on here. Like what, they're going to call me a *** and hurt my feelings?

imhotep

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tagutcow
I don't advertise the fact that I post to SF, no. Although considering that I was quoted in the Wall Street Journal as saying I shave my chest to wear v-neck t-shirts, I suppose I really have nothing to lose.

i was the other guy in the article. i had to put up with a lot of **** after that. ****** wasn't real about what he wanted to do the article about
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yes, join. To those of you looking for a great time alternative to time - draining Facebook, this is it. SF will still suck up your time and interrupt your work/study but at least you will look good doing it

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ter1413
Does anyone recommend SF to others so that they will be able to just BS/laugh/learn/debate/get their mind off of ****/ etc. or do people like to stay incognito...even if they don't provide their "handle?" Just curious...
I'd say that this forum is not for everyone, but if it fits what someone's looking for its a great place to e-hang out.
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
This is such a silly response. If you're that embarrassed about being on here, or think that being on here could potentially be embarrassing, why are you here in the first place? SF is great. I've learned a ton of stuff off here, met a lot of great people, and enjoy most of the time I spend on the site. I don't know why I'd be so worried about someone finding out that I'm on here. Like what, they're going to call me a *** and hurt my feelings?
some real life friends know about this, but I'm not the type that advertises what I do, and I really don't give a **** if others think its weird. I also got to meet a couple of great members irl here, and look forward to meet some more members here (and molest them
laugh.gif
) in the future.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is such a silly response. If you're that embarrassed about being on here, or think that being on here could potentially be embarrassing, why are you here in the first place?
SF is great. I've learned a ton of stuff off here, met a lot of great people, and enjoy most of the time I spend on the site. I don't know why I'd be so worried about someone finding out that I'm on here. Like what, they're going to call me a *** and hurt my feelings?

But it's different for you, Kyle. I mean, you were never in any danger of being considered a well-dressed metrosexual in the first place!

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
**** no, I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone, the hazing period is like some frat ****
smile.gif

Also I was surfing around here reading up where I could find some painted MMM's a while ago on my phone and scrolled over to the WAYWT thread, where apparently it was ****** day after Unc. posted a fit. Just as I opened the thread my girl leans over and says what the **** are you looking at?

That was really a "**** me" moment. I was speechless. She was really put off that I was looking at a fashion site......******* SF

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
But it's different for you, Kyle. I mean, you were never in any danger of being considered a well-dressed metrosexual in the first place!

I'm generally considered well-dressed by people who know me, but that is probably more a testament to how poorly the average man dresses than it is to anything about me.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's a generational thing. You grew up online, hell you practically grew up on SF.

Hombre Secreto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas
there is no way in ******* hell i would let anyone know i come on here.
+1,000,000,000 No offense, guys.
redface.gif

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RegisDB9
**** no, I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone, the hazing period is like some frat ****
smile.gif

laugh.gif

i like having a private outlet besides my friends, family and work. but outside of some of the perverted **** that goes on i think id be ok with some people i know seing my posts. as far as reccomending it to them to join it depends on their personality. some i think would love it others would have a very hard time with it.

mussel

Reaction score
I don't advertise the fact that I post to SF, no. Although considering that I was quoted in the Wall Street Journal as saying I shave my chest to wear v-neck t-shirts, I suppose I really have nothing to lose.

Originally Posted by imhotep
i was the other guy in the article. i had to put up with a lot of **** after that. ****** wasn't real about what he wanted to do the article about
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

Link to the WSJ article please.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ter1413
i hear you. i was just wondering. dude may never know what my handle is...but if he did.......

Wouldn't he figure it out by your hair?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RegisDB9
Just as I opened the thread my girl leans over and says what the **** are you looking at?

That was really a "**** me" moment. I was speechless. She was really put off that I was looking at a fashion site......******* SF

My case is a little different, since I'm one of the owners. But, I've never had this experience. Some girls I've gone out with have thought that it's sort of funny, but that's it. No one has ever thought I was gay because I like clothes, afaik.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
My case is a little different, since I'm one of the owners. But, I've never had this experience. Some girls I've gone out with have thought that it's sort of funny, but that's it. No one has ever thought I was gay because I like clothes, afaik.

In my case, she was put off because I did not think of asking her about what I should wear. As if I prefer a random persons opinion over hers. I spent a good 5 minutes explaining that I am not after opinions just trying to pin point what my style is

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads