• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Jacinto

Reaction score
Screen%20shot%202011-03-28%20at%201.59.59%20PM.png

I was wondering if anyone knew what jacket and sunglass is in the picture above.

Thanks

KVH

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum
Are you sure it's part of the suit fabric, and not just a bit of basting thread or something?
Looks like you were right. I got so annoyed with it that I carefully pulled it out with a tweezer. I wonder how that white thread got there because it's not in a area where they'd connect another piece of fabric to it. In retrospect, it was probably stupid pulling out a thread in the middle of a fabric but I figured that if there was something wrong with it, I wanted to get it fixed anyways.

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Edgar Allan Pwn
Charcoal suit, white shirt, plain neutral tie for a funeral?

Yes.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

dasai

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Joemero
Which models of A-E would you recommend when wearing suits? I thought it was ok to wear a brown wingtip with a suit. I was eyeing the A-E McAllister in Walnut.
The McAllister is fine, though you might consider brown as an alternative to walnut if your suit is darker. I find that walnut complements lighter colors better.

yimmy

Reaction score
Judging by this terrible photo...how do the shoulders fit?

Archivist

Reaction score
Originally Posted by yimmy
Judging by this terrible photo...how do the shoulders fit?
shoulder.jpg

Impossible to tell. You can only see one shoulder, and both are raised too high.

yimmy

Reaction score
See if these are any better. Shoulder seems to get a slight dimple. Not sure whats causing it.

shoulder2.jpg

shoulder3.jpg

wolfjaw

Reaction score
haha fair enough. would you point me in the direction of a pair of brown loafers you do like? and do you guys prefer with or without tassels? or is it situational. i'm in the learning stages so i'm asking a lot of questions
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads