• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

To Join SF or to Not Join SF??

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So I am just curious to see if other members recommend SF to friends/colleagues...

One of my boys at work has relocated to a different office and isn't having a great transition.

Does anyone recommend SF to others so that they will be able to just BS/laugh/learn/debate/get their mind off of ****/ etc. or do people like to stay incognito...even if they don't provide their "handle?"

Just curious...

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I made the mistake of telling a few friends about SF... it's a running joke now. At least they're beginning to take my advice on a few clothing-related matters now.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
there is no way in ******* hell i would let anyone know i come on here.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas

i hear you. i was just wondering. dude may never know what my handle is...but if he did.......

Logan

Reaction score

No doubt, I brought it up drunk once and regret it. Even now that I dress better I am subject to harassment, WTF? Although it is coming from a guy who wears a shirt that reads "I pee in pools" from time to time, so I just laugh it off.

pstoller

Reaction score
I figure people should come here based on their interests, not on mine. If I thought that a friend's interests and attitudes were in sync with SF, I'd steer him here. I've done so w/people I know exclusively online (quite a few back in 2002-2003), but not yet w/anyone I know IRL.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

+1. I brought it up the that girl I planned on J/O in front of once. She now refers to you guys as my "fashion friends".

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Please introduce this place to your sisters, your aunts, your mothers, and your grandmothers even.

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slopho
+1. I brought it up the that girl I planned on J/O in front of once. She now refers to you guys as my "fashion friends".

What ended up happening with that?

My ex knew about it, and that ended up biting me **********. There messed around with my PMs and stalked (may still be) me. My family and several friends know. The friends who know rib me, but it's all good natured. I really can't think of something that someone could say to me if they knew I was on SF. ***? I wouldn't let people I work with know just because it may hurt advancement opportunities if it the dood above the thought that an obvious **** shouldn't be promoted.

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I feel the same way.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't advertise the fact that I post to SF, no. Although considering that I was quoted in the Wall Street Journal as saying I shave my chest to wear v-neck t-shirts, I suppose I really have nothing to lose.

Navi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Logan
No doubt, I brought it up drunk once and regret it. Even now that I dress better I am subject to harassment, WTF? Although it is coming from a guy who wears a shirt that reads "I pee in pools" from time to time, so I just laugh it off.

Yeah. I mention some SF related things from time to time to friends who I know aren't total morons, but I don't advertise it. Too many idiots out there who think that caring about how you look and dress = obviously a gay.
facepalm.gif

Unregistered

Reaction score
My friends give me a hard enough time when I offer my opinion on something grotesquely wrong, that I would never say anything about you guys.

But yet when they need help choosing what to wear to interviews.......
plain.gif

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Unregistered
My friends give me a hard enough time when I offer my opinion on something grotesquely wrong, that I would never say anything about you guys.

But yet when they need help choosing what to wear to interviews.......
plain.gif

picwin1.jpg

ImaPro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ "The tax on my wardrobe could buy yours, now gtfo"
Originally Posted by Unregistered
My friends give me a hard enough time when I offer my opinion on something grotesquely wrong, that I would never say anything about you guys. But yet when they need help choosing what to wear to interviews.......
plain.gif

eh.gif
Pretty much the same, my friends keep making comments as 'be careful your gonna get your pants dirty'. Meh I enjoy not dressing like ****, I would refer them if they were into 'fashion' and had money.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads