• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pantherella Socks way too large.

xizenta

Reaction score
I got a bunch of large Pantherella socks from the sale at STP last week. A dozen pairs. They are supposed to be for men with a shoe size of 11-13.

I wear a size 12 shoe, and these things can fit over my shoe. They have just been delivered and i have not washed them yet. Do they shrink in the wash to normal fit, or is the sizing just bullshit?

These are the biggest socks i've ever seen. The over-the-calf model can be pulled halfway up my hamstrings and i'm 6 feet tall.

Fred H.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by xizenta
I got a bunch of large Pantherella socks from the sale at STP last week. A dozen pairs. They are supposed to be for men with a shoe size of 11-13. I wear a size 12 shoe, and these things can fit over my shoe. They have just been delivered and i have not washed them yet. Do they shrink in the wash to normal fit, or is the sizing just bullshit? These are the biggest socks i've ever seen. The over-the-calf model can be pulled halfway up my hamstrings and i'm 6 feet tall.
I'm a 13D/E and they fit me fine. I got 20 pair, 10 in merino wool and 10 in cotton. Both fit me without problems. I've washed some of them a couple of times (gentle) and line dried them. No shrinkage.

mdao63

Reaction score
I have the same issue with the 4 pair of cotton that I bought (I'm a 12D). I'll let you know the result after they are washed. I think it will work out fine.

sf_esq

Reaction score
Even the "R" size ones are huge (for the designated sizes). They didn't shrink nearly enough, so I returned mine.

sf_esq

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm
wash and toss them in the dryer. problem solved.

Thanks. I did, and they're still a hair too big. The cotton blend mid calf ones from Nordstrom fit me perfectly, but these were too large, even after being the dryer.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads