• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Indochino suits?

andrewNYC

Reaction score
I just received my suit yesterday, I have the same problem with excess fabric at both armpit / chest areas. My tailor would not touch it and said it couldnt be fixed. He said a different template would have to be used when the fabric is cut. The arm seam would be more tapered in towards the chest. He said the chest measurement was fine and altering it would not fix the problem. Otherwise everything else that was off the mark is fixable - shoulders too big, sleves too long, midsection too tapered giving the horrific thing going on with the chest. This worries me. I fit a 38S jacket like a dream, never have the chest altered. Sometimes I wear a 40S becuase if there is a large drop I have a bit bigger hips (and sometimes waist - given some weight fluctuation) than will fit off the rack pants, so I dont understand how horrible my jacket turned out. The vest was fine, and the pants were fine enough for minor alterations if needed.

Originally Posted by GloStiX
@Beetlejuice: I hope I don't ruin your love for your new suit, but man, did you see that chest funkiness goin on?

24fxrm9.jpg

The reason I pointed this out is because my re-make came with the exact same problem, on the exact same side of the suit! Was fine on the other side, just like yours. we probably got the same tailor, who did the same thing.

4fxxxw.jpg

It's like a ripple of the fabric which doesn't lay flat, and pinches into the right (left side of photo) armpit as well.

I have opinions about your suit fit too, but everybody desires their own fit, so I'll leave that to you.
smile.gif

GloStiX

Reaction score
^Hmm, very interesting. You should take some pics, it would be useful in communicating to Indochino as well. I think we're on to something here. Is one of their tailors consistently doing something wrong, the same way on every suit? Indochino should pay us for free trouble-shooting
smile.gif

Laughlin

Reaction score
First post, a noob so be gentle. Just received the Classic Navy Blue suit. The fit is fine, not great but okay. I bought it with Groupon so I figure I got decent value. The pants are not fantastic, there is an odd wideness at the thighs, I have normal legs, go to the gym but nothing hardcore. The pants were also way too short, about an inch and a half. I had to get them adjusted and cost me a bit less than $20. I thought I'd apply for the refund but was told that they would "credit my Groupon" and not actually send me a reimbursement. I suggested that they make that clear on their policy as posted on their website, which I see that they now have. My problem is that when I bought the suit the policy said they would reimburse, except when it was a "gift certificate", which a Groupon isn't. Twenty bucks is nothing however good customer service is. I don't think I will deal with them any more, the quality is just okay but I am left with a feeling of being slightly ripped off.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My remake just got sent to the tailor, so I'm guessing it will probably be another 3 1/2 to 4 weeks by the time it's completed and I receive it in the mail. I'm hoping the new one turns out better than the first.

I lengthened the jacket 2", shortened the vest 0.5", and slimmed the chest and hips in both the jacket and vest (1" for chest and 0.5" for hips). I added some room to the hips and thigh of the pants, since they were a little too tight, and I also took a very small amount off the length of the pants.

I tried entering a comment about the lapel roll too when I submitted the remake request, so I hope they can fix that. If not, is that something that can be fixed by just pressing the jacket? I hope either way I can find some way to correct it, because I the roll starts way too high...the button placement was already pretty high and that just made the lapel roll look even worse.

Looking at my pictures and reading comments from everyone here definitely helped me to notice all the things that needed to be fixed with the suit. When I first put it on, it felt OK, but actually looking at the pictures forces me to look at it more objectively instead of just glancing at myself in a mirror.

Scalawag

Reaction score
Mine was sent to the tailor today too. Still love the suit so I will love it even more when the jacket is a proper length. Mine fit similarly to yours, except slimmer (pics are still above I think).

Looks like we've been on parallel schedules with our suits! I read that it takes less time for re-makes though... but I don't have high expectations.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Scalawag
Mine was sent to the tailor today too. Still love the suit so I will love it even more when the jacket is a proper length. Mine fit similarly to yours, except slimmer (pics on previous page).

Looks like we've been on parallel schedules with our suits! I read that it takes less time for re-makes though... but I don't have high expectations.

Haha, nice...yeah I hope we both get our remakes faster that we got the originals. I saw your pics, the suit looked pretty good apart from the overall length and the sleeves being too short, which you had already mentioned.

I really liked the quality of my suit too...I thought the wool fabric was very nice for the price. So as long as my fit issues are resolved on the remake, I think I'll be pretty satisfied.

GloStiX

Reaction score
So I got my 2nd re-make from Indochino. They made some of the changes I asked for, but overall the issue was CONSISTENCY.

Their tailor changed some of my requested re-make measurements, for no apparent reason! Maybe they thought I wanted it too tight, but no, some of their changes made it even slimmer (knees, wrist). The bicep got increased randomly, and so did the thigh measurement.

The thigh went from 17.25" --> 17.75" (did not request that), but, the '17.75' pants actually came 0.5" SLIMMER in the thigh than the '17.25' pants.
plain.gif
The waist and hip area is tighter (I did not change measurements), and it now shows extreme moose-knuckle. Not exactly professional attire appropriate.

The biggest problem, the "pucker" on the right chest, is present on this 2nd re-make as well. The first suit I ever got from them did not have this issue. I don't know what's going on, but I know that I won't be doing business with IC in the future.

It's too bad, because I really hoped to. I even Friended both of their CEO's on Facebook, a year before I ever bought a suit from them, because I admired their innovative business model and their ideas. It's very unfortunate their products are so inconsistent.

No I'm not gonna bother to get alteration credit or anything like that, I know they probably made a loss in these transactions as well, so I'll just call it even and look elsewhere for my suiting needs...

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Damn, sucks to hear that....especially about that chest pucker thing that I had on my suit as well. If mine comes back with that same issue I'll be returning it as well.

Out of curiosity...did you send your first suit back after you got the remake, or do you still have both of them right now? If you still have the first, are you able to just send both of them back at the same time? I still have my first suit, and I'll hold on to it until I get the remake, just incase I need to send both back at once.

Acer

Reaction score
Mine shipped last night from shanghai, should be here by Friday. Hoping I can post pics / get fit critiques, as I don't quite have a sharp eye for the perfect fit yet...

Scalawag

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse
^ Damn, sucks to hear that....especially about that chest pucker thing that I had on my suit as well. If mine comes back with that same issue I'll be returning it as well.

Out of curiosity...did you send your first suit back after you got the remake, or do you still have both of them right now? If you still have the first, are you able to just send both of them back at the same time? I still have my first suit, and I'll hold on to it until I get the remake, just incase I need to send both back at once.

Hold onto it. You probably have a 14 day window after receiving your remake before they charge your card for a second suit or something. But that way you can compare the two side by side and see if the changes were made properly. Worst case scenario if you were frustrated you could take the lesser of two evils, or keep the remake process going...

Barring any unforeseen **** storms I'm confident they should be able to get me a perfect fit. Just hope there is consistency between my first jacket and second, otherwise who the **** knows!

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll go through the process for the remake I'm waiting on now, if that doesn't work out then I think I'm done with Indochino. I really don't want the hassle of waiting for remake after remake after remake, so for now I'll just keep my fingers crossed for the next one to look good.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jbharris88
Rather unfortunate, but newer reviews here and other posts like here: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=232203 make it seem like IC just can't get it right...in fact, it seems they are getting worse

This is possible, but that is also a Reevolving post, so I'm a little hesitant to blame that one on Indochino
laugh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics