• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clarks Desert Boots

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by yoyodunno
yeah i think the combo of black jeans with sand DBs looks a little ghetto. but hey if it fits well, i'd like to see fit pics.
Still pressed for time so here's the jeans and boots together. Lots going on to learn on this site. I'll get better. Promise.
IMG_20110327_190405.jpg
Yes, the boot is backwards. It made for a better crappy cell phone pic.

ChessDan

Reaction score
How are these sized? I wear a 12 in New Balance but a 12 in Clark's Suede DB is huge on me. 11 in leather felt very tight.

Should I order 11 1/2?
Do they make 11 1/2 in Beeswax leather?
Does the leather fit differently than the suede?

iolas9

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ChessDan
How are these sized? I wear a 12 in New Balance but a 12 in Clark's Suede DB is huge on me. 11 in leather felt very tight. Should I order 11 1/2? Do they make 11 1/2 in Beeswax leather? Does the leather fit differently than the suede?
I wear 12 everythings, but I have 11s in the beeswax leather. They were quite tight at first, and I was tempted to send them back. After two weeks though, they have broken in nicely and fit great.

pseudonym

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by yoyodunno
yeah i think the combo of black jeans with sand DBs looks a little ghetto. but hey if it fits well, i'd like to see fit pics.

So why do I look like a boss when I wear black denim and sand DBs?

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

yoyodunno

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pseudonym
So why do I look like a boss when I wear black denim and sand DBs?
Hey I didn't say it doen't look boss lol. Just not my style.

bha

Reaction score
Where are you guys buying those awesome awesome red wine DB's?

I looked at onlineshoes.com, but they only show a red leather colour. . I don't see the totally awesome red wine suede ones.

I don't need(*) another pair of DB's but the red wine ones are awesome. Must have them. Immediately.

Did I mention that the red wine ones are awesome?
smile.gif

(*) What I really DO need is some sort of 12-step program. "Hi everyone, my name is BHA and I have an addiction to Clarks Desert Boots..."

stylesmurf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's the link: http://www.onlineshoes.com/mens-clar...ede-p_id214745 BTW, if you have a discover card, you can buy it through shopdiscover->onlineshoes and save a bunch of $$$$$$
Originally Posted by bha
Where are you guys buying those awesome awesome red wine DB's? I looked at onlineshoes.com, but they only show a red leather colour. . I don't see the totally awesome red wine suede ones. I don't need(*) another pair of DB's but the red wine ones are awesome. Must have them. Immediately. Did I mention that the red wine ones are awesome?
smile.gif
(*) What I really DO need is some sort of 12-step program. "Hi everyone, my name is BHA and I have an addiction to Clarks Desert Boots..."

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
if anyone ahs any size of 11.5 clarks x br desert boots from years ago i will buy em

leeFX

Reaction score
I've had my Clarks "Bushacre II" (DB's with non-crepe sole) for a couple months now. After wearing them a ton, the toebox area is creased like mad. Others don't notice when I ask "do my shoes look trashy?" or whatever. I notice though, it drives me nuts. and I think it looks bad. I use shoe trees every night after wearing, but it doesn't help really. And because these are the "beeswax" leather, I don't know what leather cleaning products to use to help keep the leather conditioned and supple. The last time I used some leather lotion on them, it turned the tiny spot I used it on a dark brown color.
frown.gif
How can I fix this? Reference pic:
qYvAx.jpg
-edit-
Originally Posted by Teger
if anyone ahs any size of 11.5 clarks x br desert boots from years ago i will buy em
Originally Posted by stylesmurf
Don't they still have clarks x BR? I just saw a pair of them in the local BR recently.
Yep. bananarepublic.gap.com/clarks-desert-boots

phxlawstudent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting info for anyone wondering about the Beeswax DB sizing.

The beeswax DB's are US sized a full size larger than the UK sizing, whereas the regular DB's are sized only a half size larger than the UK counterpart. You can see this inside the shoe, where both UK and US sizes are listed.

***Disclaimer*** I could be mistaken and it could be a size smaller than UK as I don't remember. Either case, its a full size difference for the Beeswax, and a half size for the suedes.

leeFX

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thatoneguy
creases are good, and unavoidable
embrace it

Originally Posted by Harbin
Lol, are you serious...they are desert boots, just wear them and don't worry about creases and all that. They look better when beat up imo, they aren't dress shoes.

Word. As long as others don't think they look bad, i'm game. I wanted them to have a worn in, "long traveled" look to them.

Just don't want look homeless. :p

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads