• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm
[SOS]Me like EG more[/SOS]
laugh.gif

I agree there's something a little less desirable about the Vass contrast stitching, but on the plus side better construction and a slightly higher heel (good for altitudinally challenged ). wasn't until I saw these I realized that 6319 cognac is 'chestnut'
Originally Posted by S. Magnozzi
No, I did not get Goyser (Vass botched my order somewhat) so they have the double tapering to single leather sole with metal toe taps as usual. The waist is as such slightly beveled, but I guess you knew that already. I agree, it's a much underrated shoe design, AAMOF I like it so much I am contemplating ordering it on the F last as well, but in 'leather' in lieu of suede.
mmmm ... funny bout that. I once ordered a double monk and got a single; a blucher and got a bal $#@! adds to the fun I guess, never know what u gonna get. I've got the Norweger coming in P2 minus bevel. I think it's a style Vass does incredibly well. Guess the beveled waist works on U then? I think it would look great in F too - there are pics in the Vass pron thread

quuz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NORE
The EGs I just wore (Midfort in dark oak antique) looked like this when I took them off a minute ago (actually worse). After recent threads I used the last of my Lexol on them and those creases disappeared. YMMV.
Thanks alot
I have an ankle sock in my polish box dedicated to Lexol. I used that to apply a layer. Left them in the box on the trees for about an hour while I ate dinner. Then took them out and applied Meltonian neutral cream polish. Then brushed with a horsehair brush (I use the same brush for any color leather) then spit on them and buffed with an old t-shirt (not like they do at the shine shop but lightly with the t-shirt wrapped around my hand). Other than that, just storing them on the RL trees (basically the 202 last so you can't go wrong with EGs) and in their box and you get a pair that look this good. Keep in mind I only did this a few times over the year. Of course fit it important. If the shoe doesn't fit properly you'll get all kinds of skewing and creasing that no amount of treeage or polishing can remedy. YMMV.
The lexol product, is it the lexol natureal leather conditioner? Is it similar to Saphirs RÃ
00a9.png
novateur or should I opt for something else by saphir? Dont really know if I can find lexol here in sweden.

S. Magnozzi

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pliny
I agree there's something a little less desirable about the Vass contrast stitching, but on the plus side better construction and a slightly higher heel (good for altitudinally challenged ).
Funny wasn't until I saw these I realized that 6319 cognac is 'chestnut'

mmmm ... funny bout that. I once ordered a double monk and got a single; a blucher and got a bal $#@! adds to the fun I guess, never know what u gonna get.
I've got the Norweger coming in P2 minus bevel. I think it's a style Vass does incredibly well. Guess the beveled waist works on U then? I think it would look great in F too - there are pics in the Vass pron thread

Indeed, they've botched two of my orders so far, yet I intend to order more. Could be due to 'lost in translation...'

Great, I must have missed the F Norweger. Will look it up presently.

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by quuz
Thanks alot

The lexol product, is it the lexol natureal leather conditioner? Is it similar to Saphirs RÃ
00a9.png
novateur or should I opt for something else by saphir? Dont really know if I can find lexol here in sweden.

Yup that's the stuff, specifically the spray bottle. I read on another thread that Lexol is a synthetic mix whereas Saphir is natural. Not too sure, tho. Did you try checking eBay?

TRA8324

Reaction score
I have an ankle sock in my polish box dedicated to Lexol. I used that to apply a layer. Left them in the box on the trees for about an hour while I ate dinner. Then took them out and applied Meltonian neutral cream polish. Then brushed with a horsehair brush (I use the same brush for any color leather) then spit on them and buffed with an old t-shirt (not like they do at the shine shop but lightly with the t-shirt wrapped around my hand). Other than that, just storing them on the RL trees (basically the 202 last so you can't go wrong with EGs) and in their box and you get a pair that look this good.

Keep in mind I only did this a few times over the year.

Of course fit it important. If the shoe doesn't fit properly you'll get all kinds of skewing and creasing that no amount of treeage or polishing can remedy. YMMV.

Is your method different for your shell shoes?

CrackedCrab

Reaction score
Pliny thank you, yes my SC 522 is on the chiseled last. Today first time out with the JL City III Parisian Brown, Dainite soles.
CityIII2.jpg
JLCityIII.jpg

isshinryu101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cravate_Noire
264.JPG
262.JPG
260.JPG

Now these are nice. I just LOVE a finely made pair of shoes that really stands out in the crowd of common styles! AND... you gotta respect a man who can rock red cords.

isshinryu101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A Testoni (Amedio Testoni line) calf & croc split toes. Again, not your everyday SF Shoe Appreciation pics, but perfect for a job interview or funeral!
IMG_8555.jpg
IMG_8559.jpg
IMG_8561.jpg

Northampton Novice

Reaction score
The EGs I just wore (Midfort in dark oak antique) looked like this when I took them off a minute ago (actually worse). After recent threads I used the last of my Lexol on them and those creases disappeared. YMMV.

Yeah, a good condition works wonders. Just can't figure out why this is happening in the first place - has the quality of leather got that poor.

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Northampton Novice
Yeah, a good condition works wonders. Just can't figure out why this is happening in the first place - has the quality of leather got that poor.

When buying some shoes you have no idea what environment they were stored in, how long or what they were subjected to. This is why I mainly like my shoes MTO so I know they're fresh like Wendy's
smile.gif

banis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cravate_Noire
260.JPG

Is it fully bespoke shoe or a modified RTW last? I am wondering because on the last besides of your surname (in Russian it is name of a vegetable) is also indicated number 42 (I suppose it is your size?).

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by banis
Is it fully bespoke shoe or a modified RTW last? I am wondering because on the last besides of your surname (in Russian it is name of a vegetable) is also indicated number 42 (I suppose it is your size?).

42 1/2 actually.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads