• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

videocrew

Reaction score
So they're penny loafers with an awkwardly thick rubber sole? Get some Aldens.

johnnyhooks

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ricknick80
What do think of these Gucci shoes?? would they go with jeans

I personally would only buy them to make a profit and would never wear them.

Kiwi Man

Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnnyhooks
I personally would only buy them to make a profit and would never wear them.

How can you make a profit out of these shoes?

Are these shoes currently on sales somewhere? If so, where?

Trompe le Monde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Patek14
Actually it was the camera. Thanks for the useful post. You've really been useful today.
camera doesnt control your compositiom which provides 0 context (e.g. proportion) and it certainly doesnt improve your hygiene as evidenced

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Should also mention that I would not pay more than $100

false

Reaction score
Is there a specific "critique my suit thread"? Because that would be really useful. I'll edit my post if I've missed it. I was told by SuitSelect (Japanese suit store) that my chest is too thick to fit anything OTR from the entry level salaryman suit shops so I tried United Arrows. The suit looks beautiful from the front, feels perfectly fitted, not too tight or too loose... but this back picture looks strange(also, my head came out enormous). Do I have bizarre proportions or is this cut not for me? Also: -What are the striations on the shoulders in the back pick and should I be able to see them? -Should I be worried about the dimples in the shoulder head in the side view? I was under the impression dimples are bad
FcbMG.jpg
1oHBW.jpg
aUWaj.jpg
Wool / mohair blend, canvassed 48 ~$800. I'm 5'7, ~156

runsurfswim

Reaction score
Hi, I'm a law student. My only legit suits are a Jaeger from highschool (pinstripe) and another pinstripe I picked up at goodwill for a halloween costume (Giorgio Giorelli--worth tailoring?). The Jaeger feels heavy, and I wonder if it's appropriate for interviews. hell, i have not clue what's appropriate for interviews.

everyone here is far better dressed than I am, and better funded. so what would you recommend for when I need to start looking sharp this summer, assuming I get employed in this terrible market?

Thanks guys.

pvrhye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Limniscate
Newbie question: Does the jacket covering-your-butt rule really apply if you have short legs?

Maybe not, but if you break a rule, you better have good discretion.

(By the way, I'm digging the aggressive moderation with moving topics to this thread.)

KVH

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm a little OCD so if this seems like no big deal to you, please let me know so I can rest easy or if it is a big deal, let me know so I can get it fixed... I recently purchased a MTM suit from Harry Rosen and I'm very happy with it except for a small "pill" or "break" in a thread of fabric within the body of the wool suit. The suit is navy but there was a white thread of wool that was sticking out from the fabric. It was only about 1/10th of an inch long so I carefully trimmed it off. I guess there was a slight snag of the fabric or a puncture of the fabric during the making of the suit? Here are the pics: A closeup:
LMo1j.jpg
The following pics will show you how small it is:
Ds5TW.jpg
cFahE.jpg
As you can see, the pill or thread break is very small and not noticeable. However, because this thread is broken from the rest of the fabric weave, I'm worried that that it will be problematic in the future (e.g. will it start coming apart easily, or wear down and the adjacent threads will unravel)? I'm not sure how durable wool is and I don't know anything about fabrics so someone with experience please let me know if this will be a problem. I don't want to take it back to Harry Rosen to get it fixed only to be laughed at for being a crazy person if this is a non-issue. Thanks.

KVH

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pvrhye
Pretty sure you aren't supposed to cut it.

Well, having a loose thread like that sticking out would probably make it prone to being snagged and then tearing even more of the fabric no?

Regardless, do you think it's something to worry about or am I letting my OCD get to me?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics