• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New 10K PR today....and did 8.5 miles in my flat trails. Felt awesome. It helped that some dude doing his Chicago marathon training and his companion on a bike were behind me most of the way.
Im super curious to see how Mr. Samblackbones did today on his 5K.
*nevermind....see above...CONGRATS*

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
sam, antirabbit, congratulations to you both!

Today, 13.1 in 1:48-ish. In my haste to leave the house I left my watch behind, so I have no splits, couldn't pace myself, and have only a rough finishing estimate. The course was flat and full of long stretches with nothing much to look at, few others running at my pace, and it was warm and humid. I hung with some track-club types through the first four miles, but after that the wheels started coming off. That said, I made many fewer mistakes in prep and execution and was in good shape afterwards.

More than anything else I need to really toughen up under these conditions - this is the second race that's been like this, where people are sweating at the starting line. After this begins the marathon prep.

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
sam, antirabbit, congratulations to you both!

Today, 13.1 in 1:48-ish. In my haste to leave the house I left my watch behind, so I have no splits, couldn't pace myself, and have only a rough finishing estimate. The course was flat and full of long stretches with nothing much to look at, few others running at my pace, and it was warm and humid. I hung with some track-club types through the first four miles, but after that the wheels started coming off. That said, I made many fewer mistakes in prep and execution and was in good shape afterwards.

More than anything else I need to really toughen up under these conditions - this is the second race that's been like this, where people are sweating at the starting line. After this begins the marathon prep.

Awesome work man!
My first half, I also forgot my watch. There was alot to look at though....it was in Seattle.
Did you feel you overheated or that you just had no more to give?

Eugen

Reaction score
Hi All,
I daily 4 miles early in the morning. I am following this routine since last year when I gained weight and advised by my doctor.
Running not only keep me healthier, it also trimmed me and increased my stamina.

samblackbones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Way to go Thomas!
Killin it in the heat and humidity - awesome.
Had to get in my long run today despite racing in the morning.
After AM rain it was a breathtaking day - I ran 2 hrs easy (with a starbucks stop 100 minutes in)
covered 16.2 miles.
Most miles ever for me this week . . . doubles and an easy week last week helped make it easy.
89 total.
I was prepared to cut todays run short at any point if the body was not hangin but I felt solid.
Hopefully I can stay fit and hover around 80 for 6-8 weeks.

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im up in the Twin Cities for a few days.
Still snow on the ground.
Heading out right now to hit a trail system just west of the Cities (Wirth preserve), likely put in 5-6 miles in there and then get ready for meetings.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by antirabbit
Awesome work man!
My first half, I also forgot my watch. There was alot to look at though....it was in Seattle.
Did you feel you overheated or that you just had no more to give?

Thanks, man. I'm not quite sure which it was: part of me says I was overheated, and another part of me thinks the wheels started coming off when I saw a dead cat in the road, which disturbed me, and triggered other thoughts I had to work to banish. It was 70 when I drove out there which was warmer than I'd run in months, and I wasn't hammered like I was in the past. I could have knocked out a few miles this morning if I'd gotten up earlier.

There were a lot of guys running shirtless, and at least two guys running in speedos. With fuel belts, even. Fortunately they both finished after me: gotta manage the view, you know.

Originally Posted by samblackbones
Way to go Thomas!
Killin it in the heat and humidity - awesome.
Had to get in my long run today despite racing in the morning.
After AM rain it was a breathtaking day - I ran 2 hrs easy (with a starbucks stop 100 minutes in)
covered 16.2 miles.
Most miles ever for me this week . . . doubles and an easy week last week helped make it easy.
89 total.
I was prepared to cut todays run short at any point if the body was not hangin but I felt solid.
Hopefully I can stay fit and hover around 80 for 6-8 weeks.

Holy cow: 89 miles. Good Lord, man.

mylesmyles

Reaction score
Logged 17.6 miles (and over 3,100 feet of elevation gain) up at Bear Mountain this weekend in 3:15:111

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just returned from a snow/ice fest in these amazing trails in the city limits of Minneapolis.
Not sure if they are single track or not, infact I am not sure I ran on trails, but the hills were sweet, and there were areas where there was 4-5 inches of powder which made the decents amazing.
Put in 5 miles at an easy pace. My quads are toning up now. My hill climbing muscles are also coming back.

mylesmyles

Reaction score
Ran a quick 5.5 miles in CP this morning in 35:45. It was a crisp 32 degrees out - not exactly end of March weather...

about11oclock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ran 6 1-mile repeats at goal 10k pace with a 1/2 mile on each end for warm up and down. My legs are furious now after the subsequent bike commute.

Crat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by samblackbones
2 mile warm up
5k race: 17:12 (5th)

Thats pretty fast mate! Good work!
Hit the sub hour 15k yet?

about11oclock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can be hard to find 15Ks to run, kind of a funny distance..like, whenever I do one I'm like, might as well run a 1/2.
And, Sam can easily run a sub 1 hour 15K. I'm sure he could do a training tempo run that fast.

Crat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thats impressive! Sub hour 15k training temp? pfeew.... I was training for a 5k about a year ago, didn't run it due to an injury a month before the race. Fastest 'training' time was 18:19. Training for a sub hour 15k now but not quite there yet
frown.gif
Don't want to run much longer than 1h as I'm afraid I'll burn muscle If I run much longer so 14-15k is pretty my limit now. Today it was an easy 6k first thing out of bed.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This morning, 5 miles. Temperature, 20 degrees; snow on the ground - still! Listened to the Berlioz Requiem.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics