• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dr Huh?
I think you need to make this your regular hairstyle.

17191__something_mary_l.jpg

pfurey

Reaction score
I could see SVB steezin across the streets America to help old women cross them.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nothing needs to be said
worship.gif
Originally Posted by berlin report
Sunday Walk
DSC_0103.jpg
DSC_0136.jpg

This is really good, clean and simple. Would like to see a lighter color jacket layered on top.
Originally Posted by stinger70
dior2.jpg
from friday night, dinner with a friend
fcuk silk/cotton knit dior cp[/spoiler]

Denim fit is really nice, pairs well with the belt and shoes. The shirt could be switched out for something less matchy.
Originally Posted by ManofKent
Sunday down by the creek, breaking in a pair of EP's Streaky Smiths after a first soak. Waist wise I probably should have sized down to the 35" (maybe too comfortable straight after a soak and the legs might have been a little better) but I think any tighter on the crotch would have killed me. Nice denim and not a bad fit so I'm not unhappy. I'm in two minds on the cap...
20110327_wide.jpg
20110327_cap.jpg
spoiler]
Denim cap: Cobmaster (NOS from a local hat shop) Shirt: WWM Jeans: EPs Belt: Zissou Boots: Redwing IR

Perfect pretty much, some people may feel that the hem is sloppy but I think it's fine as is.
Originally Posted by AR_Six
Today, click for higher res, NdG / SNS / MMM / MMM
Alt: http://i.imgur.com/tunR7.jpg[/spoiler]

This knit is absurdly cool, didn't you say it was Deisel/D&G or something like that?
Originally Posted by uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx
******* on point. re:jake, i see potential, so fixed it for u. just keep in mind the size going forward. curious to see what other people have to say.
jUb2r.jpg

Everything is really spot on, except for maybe the minor cuff. I think the jeans would work well slightly cropped with a thicker cuff with narrow tall boots/high tops. Usually I think your fit pictures are missing something and the extra layering really takes it up a notch from business casual to just really good, embrace the layering cause everything fits you really well. The orange shirt and faded jeans are a nice combo.
Originally Posted by tonio028
I like layering, but really can't wait to start wearing tees, shorts, sockless shoes, etc.
VU33n.jpg
Y6Gvy.jpg

Colors are too jarring, something about the bright orange with clean black and white is really off putting.
Originally Posted by slack tide
Just the normal stuff...
smile.gif
47957d76.jpg
c6801ee9.jpg
good fit on the pants!
Lot's of good stuff recently.

Wupper

Reaction score
Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren
lifestyle shots

IRMpt.jpg

jssTe.jpg

z0Nf2.jpg

Unbutton the top button of the shirt for a more relaxed fit. Otherwise I dig it.

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vanna, you werquin it in that hot leather made me want to post. Looked at the mural online. Wish I could see it in real life. Poetic work baby.

hahha. Lyon, you will definitely have to come back to NYC so we can hang out again/so I can show you the mural in real life. It's fun working on it, Justin (SoCal) comes by, we have prosecco and trashy beer and I work while the boys make fun. I'm glad my fit pic inspired you to poaste.

Originally Posted by asobu
This is just fantastic, the proportions/silhouette works really well for you. Love the docs too, actually thinking of getting a pair.

Thanks Asobu, I really appreciate it. You should def get some docs. And if you do, get the "For Life" ones because the leather is amazing, and they replace them for you if anything ever happens. Also, the most comfortable boots I've owned.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cool The Kid
MoK,not a fan of the hat, wish the belt was a little darker. Maybe some outerwear? Chunky knit or leather bomber? Solid pieces though as always. Wish you'd play with some more foresty colors (dark reds & greens etc)

Deeeeeyyyyaaaaaaaammmm @ the camera. D700, great stuff

Cheers. I think the hat might work with a different fit - don't think it does with this one.
Belt has only had a couple of wears - still a bit raw - it should darken nicely with wear.
Yes - needs outerwear for interest - must sort out some warmer weather stuff.
Good call on the Foresty stuff.

Yes bought a D700 as soon as it came out - I love the old manual Nikkors so it's great.

Originally Posted by gastarbeider
also not sure about the cap (gives an al pacino in cruising vibe, nttatwwt).

otherwise, looks solid, as usual.

Cheers - I was hoping the cap would give a dock worker vibe but I think it ended up more 'Tom of Finland'
redface.gif

Originally Posted by SuperBobo
Mok, it looks better without the cap actually. Great shirt/belt/denim combo otherwise.
Cheers.
Originally Posted by noobizor
Zissou's belt looks great with that!
smile.gif

Yes I'm liking the belt. It should age nicely.
Originally Posted by Synthese
MOK, I think that those proportions really suit you. I also think that with a waistcoat, the hat would fit right in. Nice belt, and nice photos!
Cheers. Yes I think the cap could work with a waistcoat.
Originally Posted by robbie
2 thumbs up
Thanks.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mellowfellow
5565417886_e4ceccd599_z.jpg

Looks good and I have no problem with the red hat (although maybe try a green one as a change?).
Originally Posted by AR_Six
Today, click for higher res, NdG / SNS / MMM / MMM

[/SPOILER]
Alt: http://i.imgur.com/tunR7.jpg

I really like the way the two lots of buttons work together. The splash of red/burgundy looks great too. Nice fit.
BQm1W.jpg
[/SPOILER]
BB
APC
Keds

Agree with the consensus - definitely your best fitting shirt.
Originally Posted by Magician
lol. I'm pretty drunk. Here's the tank we jsut made for her cat:

tumblr_liqgt1IWX71qzyncdo1_500.jpg

My cat is envious, but as she regularly demonstrates the power of her left hook on me, I'm encouraging her.

Originally Posted by tonio028
I like layering, but really can't wait to start wearing tees, shorts, sockless shoes, etc.

VU33n.jpg

Y6Gvy.jpg
[/SPOILER][/SPOILER]
I like the top half - nicely done.
Originally Posted by RegisDB9
Quick fit pic of the "Bush" Pants, Yes, still have not cleaned mirror. Will Have new camera in soon though
photo-273.jpg
ASOS Scoop Neck T
Stefanobi Sandals

On a side note, I really need a light weight summer boot. Don't like the fit on these pants with painted GAT's.
How about a pair of the baggy Palladiums?
Just the normal stuff...
smile.gif

47957d76.jpg

c6801ee9.jpg
I like the shade of that Henley - finding decent burnt orange is difficult.
Originally Posted by noobizor
SDKJq.jpg
alternates, deets...
6muXI.jpg

yhkRG.jpg

zegna
massimo dutti
vtg DM

what's up, internets?

facepalm.gif

I can't decide on those DMs - It might just be nostalgia...
Originally Posted by Lel
Denim fit is really nice, pairs well with the belt and shoes. The shirt could be switched out for something less matchy.
Cheers.

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GoSurface
Thanks Asobu, I really appreciate it. You should def get some docs. And if you do, get the "For Life" ones because the leather is amazing, and they replace them for you if anything ever happens. Also, the most comfortable boots I've owned.

A quick search tells me resident DM expert Get Smart agrees with you on the "for life" line. Did you get the regular black or the "smooth black"? From the pictures I like the look of the regular ones better, but maybe you have seen them both in person? What's the sizing like? TTS?

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
cockbib always is risky... can look like a diaper or something if you don't pull it off right
lol a couple students today called me on the cockbib, they said it looked "perverted" I was like "yeah, pretty much"

Jabonator

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone here once said that skinny guys should wear drapy ****. Well, this is about as drapy as I get.
Xyeb4.png
Also, no more imageshack.
smile.gif

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BrizaBirch
here's some more sweatpants
jk1nll.jpg

jZGn6l.jpg

lpGxzl.jpg

brands
rxmance/silent/acne/mmm

no vis kinky bdsm naked ladies tied up getting whipped/caressed by giant knives

this is nice. how do you like the mmm?

themidship22

Reaction score
Catching up a bit( Internet not on at new apartment, **** that)

BB
APC
Keds

This is your best fit I remember. This shirt doesn't have that feminine hip flair like a lot of your shirts seem to have. I think as skinny as you are you should wear something with a little more drape. It would give you a little more bulk, and make things a little more interesting. I think Bobo would be a good person for you to look at. Overall, solid, but boring.

Just the normal stuff...
smile.gif

47957d76.jpg

Always solid my friend. Comfortable while killing it.

Sunday Walk
DSC_0103.jpg
DSC_0136.jpg

Well I don't guess I really need to comment on this sense you obviously know what you're doing. You are without fail my favorite poster on WAYWT. Always impeccable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads