• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Blackberry Playbook

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
almost every company does that, others just aren't dumb enough to say so publicly.

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TRINI
Sometimes I wonder though....
I wonder as well. RIM are selling these devices to the ordinary consumer. The scenario is consumer buys it from Best Buy, RadioShack, PC World or whatever, takes it home, finds out it can't do email etc, without another Blackberry device and subscription. Playbook is promptly returned for a refund or exchanged for another tablet without such restrictions. BTW if I actually wanted a tablet. The Playbook not even an option for me, as China Unicom's Blackberry service is extremely expensive and subject to a long contract. The iPad or Galaxy Tab on the other hand are.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
It just seems to me like it steals a lot of their thunder to do it this way.

don't worry, the blackberry storm 3 is coming
boxing[1].gif

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Why wouldn't you want phone capability on this? All you'd have to do is pair it with a bluetooth headset and you could leave it on the table to surf the web while you made calls with it. Seems like a win-win.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Why wouldn't you want phone capability on this? All you'd have to do is pair it with a bluetooth headset and you could leave it on the table to surf the web while you made calls with it. Seems like a win-win.
Because people that use bluetooth headsets in public are assholes.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek

For the first time in a long time, I find myself in complete agreement with you.
eh.gif

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
For the first time in a long time, I find myself in complete agreement with you.
eh.gif

Heh... Here you go:

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Etiquitte and functionality are two completely different things. I don't like public bluetooth users either but if you were sitting at home surfing the web and a call came in, why the hell not?

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
who is even arguing against phone capability ?

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't need it to be a phone. I am not sure that I would even use it as one were it possible.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

this^^.
but it should still have the functionality.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Etiquitte and functionality are two completely different things. I don't like public bluetooth users either but if you were sitting at home surfing the web and a call came in, why the hell not?
that's why i said in public. If you're in your car, a private office or your own house, what do I care?

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Heh... Here you go:
It's awesome that it's Ari Gold. I don't really see a lot of people using bluetooth headsets but I really don't give a ****, honestly. I don't see why it's annoying, what's the difference between holding a phone up to your ear and talking in public vs. not holding a phone up to your ear and talking in public.
Originally Posted by shahanshah
who is even arguing against phone capability ?
A couple of people on the first page, ie "you don't want to make calls on that thing", Dis referenced some dude with a galaxy tab...

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
It's awesome that it's Ari Gold. I don't really see a lot of people using bluetooth headsets but I really don't give a ****, honestly. I don't see why it's annoying, what's the difference between holding a phone up to your ear and talking in public vs. not holding a phone up to your ear and talking in public.

Because it makes things awkward when you start talking back to them and then you see the earpiece.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads